Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
What did you do about mounting that 37 on the tire carrier? Or are you not mounting it yet?
We just finished installing the Ace Engineering JL Stock Carrier Riser kit on our JL. They say it is good for a 35" tire, we just bolted on the matching 37" Patagonia M/T on a KMC beadlock and still have a bit of room to spare.

AE-kit-sm.jpg

We're definitely taxing the strength of the tailgate, however, it's a quick and easy solution until we have a HD tire carrier set-up to go on this JLUR.
Sponsored

Carlton_Banks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
Looks like 38x13.50s would fit with the lift?

What did you use to reprogram for the larger tires?

OP
OP
Northridge4x4

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seller of badassery
Looks like 38x13.50s would fit with the lift?

What did you use to reprogram for the larger tires?
We have not reprogrammed anything yet . The Speedo is off about 6 MPH approx.

SamfromTX

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLU Rubicon. Past Jeep: 2011 JK Rubicon
Looking good. I was told that dealerships can reprogram the JL up to 44" tires, is that correct?

Sponsored

JLF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Next up to go in was the Magnaflow JL Catback Rock Crawler Series exhaust system, it arrived this morning and was installed in about 30 mins.
Really, digging this thread/build!

Curious that you didn't opt for the Magnaflow Offroad Pro-Series Cat-Back Exhaust, PN - 19387 instead since we both know that you're gonna eventually install EVO MFG's JL equivalent of their Double ThrowDown Coilover system when it becomes available? ;)

Fuggedaboudit

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
It's probably just temporary until real lift kits become available.
Newbie here, so what is the downfall exatly with boosts compared to a full kit because it seems a lot better on my wallet? Is it just some peformance gains? Or with any offroading will they breakdown etc, because if not I don't see a problem?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Newbie here, so what is the downfall exatly with boosts compared to a full kit because it seems a lot better on my wallet? Is it just some peformance gains? Or with any offroading will they breakdown etc, because if not I don't see a problem?
Spacer lifts are fine. I've run the hell out of my AEV spacer on my JK, including lots of rock crawling. I've never had an issue. Their main claim is that they maintain close to factory ride/handling, because they use the stock spring.

OP
OP
Northridge4x4

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seller of badassery

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
Spacer lifts work good as long as they're not too tall. They use the stock spring and with shock extensions, they use the stock shocks, so the ride is pretty much same as stock.

They can't give you the performance of a top end suspension kit, but everything has its place. The boost kits are great for those wanting to save some cash and don't need the performance of a full-on suspension kit.

Sponsored

Fuggedaboudit

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Spacer lifts work good as long as they're not too tall. They use the stock spring and with shock extensions, they use the stock shocks, so the ride is pretty much same as stock.

They can't give you the performance of a top end suspension kit, but everything has its place. The boost kits are great for those wanting to save some cash and don't need the performance of a full-on suspension kit.
Thanks all, so stay with the above lift height 2.5 maybe 3 or lower. I think this would fit me well

Apxlvr

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3
So they'll be fine for 1-5 days a year of trails but not serious rock crawling...?

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
So they'll be fine for 1-5 days a year of trails but not serious rock crawling...?
Nothing to do with longevity, the EVO MFG spacers we installed are made from steel, so they'll last a long time.

It comes down to performance. Taller coil springs, longer shocks and longer control arms can allow more wheel travel, giving you better off road capabilities. That's why you see "long-arm" kits out there for the TJ and JKs.

Of course right now there isn't much out there for JL/JLU suspension, so we started with the EVO boost kit.

OP
OP
Northridge4x4

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seller of badassery
Looks great! Can't wait to hear the sound of that Magnaflow exhaust!
Here are a couple sound bites from the Magnaflow cat-back Rock Crawler series exhaust:

Sponsored