Sponsored

Northridge will not price match themselves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
MandrewSD

MandrewSD

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 392
It is apparent that those of you poking fun about the answering the phone thing haven’t been around the automotive aftermarket realm very long. There are a LOT of BIG companies that don’t even list a phone number while others (a select few) have employed a group of people who ONLY answer the phone and know what they are speaking of when they speak with you.

This thread is ridiculous Lol

Marcus
Welome to @ridiculous. We are glad to have you. I can assure you that I am old enough to remember actual "customer service"...apparently y'all have lost touch.

Answering the phone is expected from me and I will reward. Blow me off and 0 dollars from me. Simple IMO. Make your choices and live with it.
Sponsored

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
Owner at River City Offroad
Welome to @ridiculous. We are glad to have you. I can assure you that I am old enough to remember actual "customer service"...apparently y'all have lost touch
With all due respect, I think you might be the one who’s lost touch. I say this considering your outlook that a small business, operating in an over saturated niche market, should refund you money on yesterday’s purchase because it is on sale today. I don’t even think Amazon would take you side here and if you did try to contact them you’d be passed through all kinds of channels and talking to someone in a third world country or ChatGPT. Meanwhile the owner of NR is in here corresponding with you.

You may think you’re hurting their business directly, but what you don’t know is that you’ll still be supporting them indirectly almost anywhere you purchase parts. I highly recommend starting your own parts business so that you can just buy direct from the manufacturers. They’ll be the first to undercut you and then refuse to refund any money in the exact same situation.

You know… that might be the irony here that I’ve been trying to identify. If NR called ARB and said hey this customer is pissed and crusading about the web because we can’t honor this sale price on a previous order, they’d be told too bad as well. Shit always rolls downhill my man.

Marcus

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I checked the site. No mention of any 7 day “Policy” anywhere.

I wanna do business with NR myself.
Seems fishy. That’s all. 🤷‍♂️
Technically it shouldn’t even be a one day policy. If you buy something outside of a sale window the price is what it is. OP seems to think that customer service = giving free money to people that complain. Props for him trying but maybe he should accept that he doesn’t always get what he wants. He can’t preach “principle” when he is the one that runs to a public forum in an attempt to slander a company for giving him an answer that he didn’t like.

Last edited:

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
This thread is ridiculous Lol

Marcus
Best / most accurate post yet! I am so glad this battle royale continued long after I went to bed last night! Gave me some good laughs when I woke up! 😂

Jeep Wrangler JL Northridge will not price match themselves! 1686391061891

“And there goes @MandrewSD ”! 😳
Jeep Wrangler JL Northridge will not price match themselves! 1686391126484

Sponsored

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Put your shovel down.

Are you the OP’s bestie? I see you have been a member here since Sept ’21 and 15 of your 18 ‘contributions’ have been posted on this thread today. :facepalm:
Seems more like its the OP with two accounts.

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
You may be correct, but my "word of mouth" will decrease their sales.
Actually, your post has prompted me to use NR. I found out after reading your post that they answer their phone, are responsive to customer questions, and have been generally good people throughout this entire ridiculous thread.

NWJeepr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR
This isn’t my deal but my notifications keep popping.

I wish OP would start over. Northridge is a good vendor and they are very involved in the community, they know their stuff and are competitive on price.

I’ve been to their shop in Silverdale and it’s one of very few places I trust to work on my Jeep; good work and straight answers. I paid them to build my ‘12 Sport and it was worth every penny, and I plan to contact them about parts/build for my ‘23.

I don’t think the OP is a bad person but I’d encourage him to think longer term, and in terms of business relationships. This is nuclear retaliation over literally $61 and some change. And, it’s kind of blown up in his face.

There is no shortage of people who agree that the OP’s expectations are wrong. We are not NR fanboys, I mean, we like NR as a vendor. This is an opportunity for the OP to learn. Pull up a chair, buddy.

Sending NR a quick apology and deleting this thread would be a huge step in demonstrating that you acknowledge being out of line, but willing to learn, and willing to put your best foot forward in this community. I think you’d get a lot of respect for it.

Sponsored

Rustynail11

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Once again agreed.

It was communicated that within 7 days the answer would have been different. That does not makes sense since 7 days ago was also outside their "vendor sponsorship" as well.

At this point it is the principal of the matter. for 3 days and $61.60 they probably lost thousands from myself alone.
So if I follow correctly you aren't pissed because they aren't following their policy you are pissed because they won't make an exception to their policy?

If the above statement is correct Northridge isn't the problem you are the problem and I am sure they are ok with losing you as a customer

Tellurian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Listen, we’ve all been here. We think we’re getting a deal and then there is a price drop and we miss out. We inquire but are told we either missed the window or that there was no window for a price change refund.

Principles are a funny thing though because they are supposed to be absolute. By claiming “it’s a matter of principle” we say that regardless of the specifics (e.g. price, time, company, etc.), we’d always feel this way and we’d post about it.

But here’s the thing, we wouldn’t. If it was $3.27 missed, there would be no post. The Tesla example would equal the same amount of outrage regardless of it being a manufacturer or reseller.

I’m not saying ~$60 isn’t worthy of grumbling. It’s a tank of gas for a day of adventuring. However, perhaps instead of framing it in a “not doing business with NR because their customer service sucks and I’m out ~$60 for them following their internal procedure” POV, a “I was today years old when I learned NR has a 7-day grace period on pricing for an updated NR sale. I’m only out ~$60 this time but I’ll be sure to watch future sales with this in mind - especially since I have more expensive mods to make” would be a better approach.

You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”. - John Lydgate

Status
Not open for further replies.