misanthrope

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Ungardo, that's quite a unicorn you have there: a white Sahara with a tan interior and a manual transmission. You'd be hard pressed to find the same build within 1000 miles. And i think you did it right: if you get the tan interior, get the tan roof. Noice.:like:
Sponsored

OP
OP
misanthrope

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
If my math is correct, you're getting it tomorrow afternoon. We are also planning on picking it up late afternoon.
Hopefully I'll be home, shocking the wife by late afternoon. Mark told me he has 5 pick ups from the group buy tomorrow.

20 hours and counting...

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Hopefully I'll be home, shocking the wife by late afternoon. Mark told me he has 5 pick ups from the group buy tomorrow.

20 hours and counting...
Are you guys using the checklist prior to pickup? Test drives?

OP
OP
misanthrope

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Are you guys using the checklist prior to pickup? Test drives?
I will definitely take it for a spin, check to see if all of the fuses are clicked in, and almost certainly let about 6 psi out of the tires. Aside from that, I'm trusting Mark to get it right, or make it right. I'll look for the tool kit, the freedom top bags, the cubby mats and the wheel lock keys. I'm not crawling under to check welds or pulling the dipstick. The soft top box looks like a coffin, so I'm sure I won't miss that. What else is there?

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I will definitely take it for a spin, check to see if all of the fuses are clicked in, and almost certainly let about 6 psi out of the tires. Aside from that, I'm trusting Mark to get it right, or make it right. I'll look for the tool kit, the freedom top bags, the cubby mats and the wheel lock keys. I'm not crawling under to check welds or pulling the dipstick. The soft top box looks like a coffin, so I'm sure I won't miss that. What else is there?
What’s the purpose of letting out 6 psi

I have a Sahara do I need to do the same

Sponsored

OP
OP
misanthrope

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
What’s the purpose of letting out 6 psi

I have a Sahara do I need to do the same
Many have posted that the rough ride/shimmy/wander, especially in the Rubicons, is mainly a result of over-inflated tires. Around 36 psi seems to be the sweet spot. If your ride is comfortable to you, then you're all good.

ungardo

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner
Ungardo, that's quite a unicorn you have there: a white Sahara with a tan interior and a manual transmission. You'd be hard pressed to find the same build within 1000 miles. And i think you did it right: if you get the tan interior, get the tan roof. Noice.:like:
Yea. We figured out pretty quick we weren’t gonna find one on the lot. Right around that time, we stumbled into this forum. The rest is history.

cosmec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2015 Subaru WRX, 2012 JK-Previously
Build Thread
Link
I wonder how many orders mark has placed during this group buy for this forum!

My window sticker was just released. Ramping my anticipation up!

brbutler

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 6-speed, 2016 VW GTI 6-speed, 1984 Porsche 928S 5-speed
Mine's waiting at Fitzpatrick's for me to pick up. Ocean Blue Sahara 6-speed with Saddle Brown leather. Trying to get my ducks in a row to get down there. Paid for, paperwork done, plates in hand - just need to shuffle my schedule. Say hi to it if you see it!

20190826_100245_Small.jpg
20190826_100312_Small.jpg
20190826_102005_Small.jpg
20190826_102056_Small.jpg

Sponsored

ungardo

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner
Mine's waiting at Fitzpatrick's for me to pick up. Ocean Blue Sahara 6-speed with Saddle Brown leather. Trying to get my ducks in a row to get down there. Paid for, paperwork done, plates in hand - just need to shuffle my schedule. Say hi to it if you see it!

20190826_100245_Small.jpg
20190826_100312_Small.jpg
20190826_102005_Small.jpg
20190826_102056_Small.jpg
Love that blue with the saddle brown

rfm8os

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2022 Cadillac CT-5 V

20 hours and counting...
I am picking mine up tomorrow as well. Late afternoon/early evening. My wife couldn't get out of work for the day but she's getting out early so we are heading down from North Eastern Massachusetts at around 2:30pm. Depending on traffic hope to be pulling into the dealership around 5:45pm.

Can't wait, I am super excited!!