KobzSr

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLUR
Hello all :)

New to the forum and am super psyched that I found this thread. Dealers around me are nowhere near 7% below invoice! Totally ready to pull the trigger on a new JLU Rubicon and have already emailed Mark.

I do have a couple questions I hope someone can answer (being from NY):
- How does the sales tax work when you buy a new vehicle out of state?
- Do I get a CT registration when I buy it and then transfer it to NY when I get home?

Any clarification would be appreciated.

Cheers

Impy5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Hello all :)

New to the forum and am super psyched that I found this thread. Dealers around me are nowhere near 7% below invoice! Totally ready to pull the trigger on a new JLU Rubicon and have already emailed Mark.

I do have a couple questions I hope someone can answer (being from NY):
- How does the sales tax work when you buy a new vehicle out of state?
- Do I get a CT registration when I buy it and then transfer it to NY when I get home?

Any clarification would be appreciated.

Cheers
Welcome! Sales tax is based on where the vehicle will be registered so you will get taxed based on NY rates. I believe they will register the vehicle in NY but you will get a temporary tag for the Jeep until your plates arrive at your home. ( I could be wrong on this one so someone else with experience can chime in)

KobzSr

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLUR
Thanks for the response Impy5.

I just talked to Mark and you are correct. He said that they will take care of the registration in my home state (in my case NY), I will get a temp reg to drive home with, and my plates will show up in the mail .. awesome stuff.

In my case, a little more value in that $399 doc fee

And by the way, Mark seems like a great guy. Super quick response and very easy to talk to. I'm configuring my build now.

Cheers

melman8r

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green JLR
Thanks for the response Impy5.

I just talked to Mark and you are correct. He said that they will take care of the registration in my home state (in my case NY), I will get a temp reg to drive home with, and my plates will show up in the mail .. awesome stuff.

In my case, a little more value in that $399 doc fee

And by the way, Mark seems like a great guy. Super quick response and very easy to talk to. I'm configuring my build now.

Cheers
You might want to clarify that, Mark told me for an additional $50 dollars they would handle the NY registration through a third party service.

Sponsored

Eitel

First Name
Eitel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
Just got of the phone with Mark. Gave him my deposit and my order will be in hopefully on Monday. Mark's been nothing but awesome in helping me and he answered all my questions. If anybody has any doubts about this group buy, don't.

Can't wait to get my new Rubi.

JeepLover15

First Name
Venky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot, Toyota 4runner
Some good news for those who want to order a new JL w/ 8.4" and Advanced Safety. Mark mentioned in his email to me last night that they are considering the option to extend the order window for those of us (***AND ONLY US***) that want to order the 8.4" screen & Advanced safety to August 12th as long as a deposit is received prior to the end of the group buy (July 25th). I haven't yet discussed what would happen if the 12th were to come and go and still not have the option to order both. So it looks like there may in fact be hope for me to jump in on this.
what is the process to proceed ? (sending deposit, etc..)

vinnieg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FX35
Guys - I'm interested.. Excited to start my build!

What options are you guys going for ? I'm trying to keep the initial cost low and pushing off upgrades that i can make later. I'm considering going for the Unlimited Sport S Auto 2L T with Premium Top and Cold Weather Group and nothing else. I do want leather seats, side steps and an upgraded sound system but figured I can do this down the line. Is the hard top a must have? I'm in lower CT and this will be my daily driver. I'm very interested in what others are going for including the color! I'm considering pumpkin, mojito, firecracker red and as my no risk, back up : granite.

RastaPasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Just emailed Mark earlier today, as others have said, very impressed with his response time.

For those of you who have completed the purchase through him, did the dealership beat you up at all on trade-in? The group-buy price is what it is, but I'm afraid of getting killed on trade because they need to make money somewhere.

JohnnyB54

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
Just emailed Mark earlier today, as others have said, very impressed with his response time.

For those of you who have completed the purchase through him, did the dealership beat you up at all on trade-in? The group-buy price is what it is, but I'm afraid of getting killed on trade because they need to make money somewhere.
I ordered my 19 Sahara from Mark and it was a very smooth and excellent experiance. Mark gave me a very good price on my trade in and an excellent deal on my Sahara. The transaction was the best dealership experience I ever had with a dealer. At 65 years old that says a lot as I've bought many vehicles in my life. Mark is a straight up guy. He took car of my NY registration, NY taxes and was happy to do so. If you want a easy and pleasurable buying experience give Mark at Fitzpatrick’s Jeep a call (203) 735-4909.

Sponsored

Jeeperz Kreeperz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Another really solid vote for working with Mark on this group buy. He’s been responsive, kept me updated with emails and calls, and knowledgeable about model year changes before anyone else knew what was changing. Thus far, it’s been the most painless dealer experience I’ve ever had.

Sadly, I had to bail on this group buy a couple days ago, as I found a smokin deal on a lightly used 2019 motorcycle, and I had to move quickly and pay cash for it.

I need to replenish my cash pile before I purchase the new JL. But once I do, Mark at Fitzpatrick’s Chrysler Jeep in CT is going to be my first call.

Last edited:

spaghettipie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi A4 Avant s-line, 2012 Subi Impreza sport hatchback, 2010 MB GL350, 2013 Lotus Evora S, 2020 JLU Sahara
I'm trying to put together a group buy (20 or so buyers) for the '20 MY launch.
Full disclosure: I am a school teacher on LI and have no affiliation with any dealer anywhere, nor am I getting anything out of this besides a good deal on a 2020 Wrangler.
New to the forum. New to Jeep. Not new to buying new cars and dealing with all kinds of brands/stores, and I can say working with Mark has been really a joy. He's super responsive, and sounds genuinely as excited as we are about this group buy. Many thanks to the OP for doing the legwork on this, I truly appreciate it!

If you're hesitating, reach out to Mark - he'll answer any questions you have about the deal, how it works out of state, and of course about the Wrangler itself.

We'll finally be joining the Jeep family! When test driving one a few weeks ago, we got a wave from a passing JK driver - even on the test drive felt part of something special!

People are going to be wondering what's going on when we all make our pilgrimage to CT for delivery!

-Spaghettipie

DrDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Beetle 2003, Sahara 4 door Silver 2020
O.K. everyone, I'm back. Work has been all-consuming, but here are the details:
The deal will be 7% under invoice with Tread Lightly or another Affiliate Reward (check the website! There are hundreds of qualifying companies that give you the discount for free. Example: I'm a teacher, therefore a member (not employee)of NEA, so I get a Reward Cert.).

The group buy will be through Fitzpatrick Jeep In Ansonia, Ct. Contact is Mark Fitzpatrick at [email protected] (203-734-3318 x3011) and mention the Forum Group Buy for the 2020 Wrangler.

He will do purchase and lease at this price, and will work with or without a trade.
He said you can send your builds whenever, and make adjustments when the order guide is released.
The dealer doc fee is $399 (not great), but it beats driving to Maryland where it's only $100 cheaper.
It is a well reviewed dealership that has been in business for generations, and he really wants our business.

I am out of the country until 7/9, but I will get back on this as soon as I return (hopefully to open order banks!)
I’d like to send a great big THANK YOU to Misanthrope and Mark Fitzpatrick. I ordered with the Northeast group on 7/15/19 and received my VIN today! I am in D status.
So excited! For those of you wondering “should you pull the trigger?” Do it. Mark is awesome, response time is fantastic and he answered my 101 questions in a timely and kind manner. Woo hoo, I’ll post pics of my “baby” once I take delivery.

wrangler005

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUS 4xe
Hello Everyone. First of all kudos to OP for doing all the legwork and putting together a group buy which is helping a lot of people.

I am also looking for a 2020. Anyone of you are planning to lease a 2020? If so, how are the numbers looking? I will try to reach out to Mark as few others did in this thread, but would like to have an idea before talking to the dealership.

@minutemen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '20 JLUR
What does the deposit look like and is it non-refundable? I will most likely write an email to Mark in the next few days but some of you can probably comment sooner than that.
Sponsored