Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
It's sad really. This is just another reason I keep my engine's clean and free of any caked on oil or grease. Obviously not a problem on a new JL but as a vehicle ages if leaks aren't repaired and engine's allowed to gunk up this can happen. The TJ, JK (especially the older JKs) and JL all have engines that get very hot. Fire extinguisher was in the amazon cart already and it is getting ordered today. :)
Yep, My cousin's YJ burned when he was a teenager. It was a pretty sad day.
Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, My cousin's YJ burned when he was a teenager. It was a pretty sad day.
I don't want to"like" your post... lol.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Here is a video. All I know is the guy who pulled this wreck down Dickey Bell must have been dragging his balls the whole way.

That’s pretty much the view I had of @chevymitchell when he towed that guy through Dutch John.

OP
OP
chevymitchell

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
That’s pretty much the view I had of @chevymitchell when he towed that guy through Dutch John.
Every year there's several Rigs that either start fire or brakes fail...something crazy. Lol. Glad everyone was ok though.

Sponsored

OP
OP
chevymitchell

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
We went to Uwharie on Sunday and had a great run. Topless and doorless I actually managed to not get any mud slung in the cab, just dusty as heck. As you can see from the photos below my wife the mud bunny decided to slam through any puddle with all of her might... smh, what a mess. She did not keep he interior mud free.
While on Dickey Bell we heard a JK burnt to the ground on the rock garden. We drove to the top of the garden and I got these pics. The Jeep caught fire Saturday night and was abandoned and left to completely burn. IT was around 3:30 that it was finally getting towed out.
There are three paths down the garden and then they all converge into a notch. The notch is where this guy got stuck trying to go up and my suspicion is he was rev'ing the heck out of it and being sort of confined in that notch he caught fire from the heat and maybe a greasy engine?? Who knows but at least no one was hurt.
The blob of aluminum in the front of the jeep is the radiator. EVERYTHING that wasn't steel was melted. The engine compartment was empty except for the engine.

Also saw where @chevymitchell almost tipped @ThirtyOne (hehehe ;) )and where Shawn and @UNC Rubicon were 36 degrees nose down. You guys are freaking nuts, I think my LJ is a tick too short to take that ledge, I would have gone just right of it straddling the ditch. This is the worst part of the garden and it can be bypassed as of yesterday.

upload_2019-5-20_9-11-50.png

upload_2019-5-20_9-12-34.png

upload_2019-5-20_9-13-9.png

upload_2019-5-20_9-14-23.png

upload_2019-5-20_9-14-39.png

upload_2019-5-20_9-15-1.png

upload_2019-5-20_9-15-17.png
I wanted to go right, as well, but he was good either way. Lol. He wasn't about to roll over...well, not completely, anyway. Lol. At Windrock here in a couple weeks we're just going to unbolt his front links to help with the limited sway.

That poor Jeep... Wonder how insurance works on that...

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted to go right, as well, but he was good either way. Lol. He wasn't about to roll over...well, not completely, anyway. Lol. At Windrock here in a couple weeks we're just going to unbolt his front links to help with the limited sway.

That poor Jeep... Wonder how insurance works on that...
I just got off the phone with Amica, my insurance company and told them I off road on a regular basis and want to know what's covered... from hitting a tree to burning to the ground. They said they are going to look into this to give me an accurate answer and get back to me.

That's a great idea on the links, he will fair much better. I almost got @ThirtyOne to join us yesterday but he wanted to take it easy instead... hahaha (gotta stir the pot when I can). We will be heading up to Waynesville to my in-laws on Friday night and will most likely run Hurricane Creek on Saturday. I'll call or text you to see how your run on Hurricane went on Friday. I'm interested in trail conditions because we will be going solo and there was a decent amount of brush overhang in spots.
We've kicked the idea around of meeting up with you guys at Windrock on Saturday but I think we will pass and get some mountain hiking in instead.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm interested in trail conditions because we will be going solo and there was a decent amount of brush overhang in spots.

We've kicked the idea around of meeting up with you guys at Windrock on Saturday but I think we will pass and get some mountain hiking in instead.
6A94CAFB-619A-4A79-A853-8873FA0686D7.gif

E6F7E3E8-30A4-437E-8B1D-696E2D5FD331.gif

suzookus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Sometimes I worry about the kind of father I am...then I see this while cleaning up the girls’ art table. I guess I’m doing something right.

D9F6A455-54A4-48A3-B49A-AAD3883BF44C.jpeg
Make sure you go Beep, Beep in your Jeep Jeep.

I did and my kids cracked up.

LOL

Sponsored

suzookus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It’s not our fault that AOL went the way of the dinosaur. Forums are the closest things we can get to chat rooms. Only difference is...there aren’t any creeps on here trying to hook up with random people.

With that said...A/S/L?
upload_2019-5-20_21-6-14.png

suzookus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That’s hilarious that you say that. Every time my kids see a Jeep they scream “JEEP BA BEEP!!!!”
I honk the horn twice too.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
That’s hilarious that you say that. Every time my kids see a Jeep they scream “JEEP BA BEEP!!!!”
I’ve strongly considered getting a personalized tag that’s something along the lines of “JPBABEEP” or replacing my rubicon decals with “JEEPBABEEP”

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody on here that driving a black JLUR on 35s or 37s on business 40 west between Kernersville and Winston a little after 3 today? Aftermarket rear bumper and front bumper with stinger. Covered in mud.
Sponsored