Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Yes... the BFG AT's are a phenomenal tire, but their biggest weakness is mud.
yep, and considering where we live I'll be encountering a good bit of mud each time I leave the road, lol.
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Also, shout out to Bret @UNC Rubicon for helping me figure out which ones would fit.

ChaseW

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wrangler 392 XR
Thanks guys! The BFGs are very impressive, and for the most part, were great in the slop. They slung mud out really nicely as long as you could maintain some wheel speed. The times that I will likely need mud-terrains is few and far between, especially since this is my daily driver.

I'd definitely be up for meeting next time you guys go out.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks guys! The BFGs are very impressive, and for the most part, were great in the slop. They slung mud out really nicely as long as you could maintain some wheel speed. The times that I will likely need mud-terrains is few and far between, especially since this is my daily driver.

I'd definitely be up for meeting next time you guys go out.
The Falken MTs that the new Rubicons are coming with ride pretty nicely. Those are the ones I'm looking at.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Hey guys. I've had my Jeep for about a year but haven't had a chance to go of-road yet due to some personal things this past year.

I had a stock YJ when I was young and took it on mountain trails but I had no idea what I was doing and too dumb to care.

I have a stock Sport S (just added Rubicon tires). I really want to get on some trails. I would love to do Uwharrie but not any of the D trails. I would also like to get out the beach and maybe camp out there some time this summer.

So if y'all don't mind babysitting a stock Sport I'd love to tag along some time. Just PM me or post on the thread.

Thanks!

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys. I've had my Jeep for about a year but haven't had a chance to go of-road yet due to some personal things this past year.

I had a stock YJ when I was young and took it on mountain trails but I had no idea what I was doing and too dumb to care.

I have a stock Sport S (just added Rubicon tires). I really want to get on some trails. I would love to do Uwharrie but not any of the D trails. I would also like to get out the beach and maybe camp out there some time this summer.

So if y'all don't mind babysitting a stock Sport I'd love to tag along some time. Just PM me or post on the thread.

Thanks!
A new offroading buddy?!?

giphy.gif

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
@ThirtyOne There might be a Uwharrie Trip in the future with @chevymitchell and @UNC Rubicon and I'm pretty sure nobody will complain if you come along too... No plans as of yet but I'm sure someones going to have a timeline.

ChaseW

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wrangler 392 XR

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
@ThirtyOne we all have different rigs and skill levels but I think the coolest thing is that you want to go hit the trails since that's what these beasts were made for. Even if at some point during the day the bigger rigs want to hit some D trails that others can't there will still be trails we could all hit together. You'd be surprised what you can do in stock. I think it's called Slab Pile, you could have some fun on that.

Side note: I send my 91 year old grandmother pics of our offroading adventures in our Jeeps and she has nick named my wife's JL "The Monster"... lol. She'd probably have a heart attack if she saw @chevymitchell and @UNC Rubicon :)

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
@ThirtyOne we all have different rigs and skill levels but I think the coolest thing is that you want to go hit the trails since that's what these beasts were made for. Even if at some point during the day the bigger rigs want to hit some D trails that others can't there will still be trails we could all hit together. You'd be surprised what you can do in stock. I think it's called Slab Pile, you could have some fun on that.

Side note: I send my 91 year old grandmother pics of our offroading adventures in our Jeeps and she has nick named my wife's JL "The Monster"... lol. She'd probably have a heart attack if she saw @chevymitchell and @UNC Rubicon :)
lol no kidding. If I tried to follow Shawn through every single obstacle he floats over in his rig....

ExemplaryYawningEelelephant-size_restricted.gif

OP
OP
chevymitchell

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
lol no kidding. If I tried to follow Shawn through every single obstacle he floats over in his rig....

ExemplaryYawningEelelephant-size_restricted.gif
Oh man... you should've been there last Sunday. We went through some really nice, soupy stuff on Dutch John. Such a good time.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Can we hit up Uwharrie on Friday the 3rd or is everyone working?
I could probably squeeze an afternoon off if I work longer hours during the week.

OP
OP
chevymitchell

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer

We should do a BBQ and Beer evening at my place this upcoming week. How does Tuesday night sound?
Sponsored