First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
I'd like to hit the trails some w/ the 392, but mainly do some camping, etc.

I'd also like to get the engine out of my '01 TJ and start getting things ready for the LS swap.
You're welcome to drop that TJ off with a wad of cash and I can make that a reality.

Once Uwharrie opens up, you'll be able to hit everything out there with your 392, no issue.
Sponsored

SPRINKLES

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392, 2001 TJ
You're welcome to drop that TJ off with a wad of cash and I can make that a reality.

Once Uwharrie opens up, you'll be able to hit everything out there with your 392, no issue.
If serious... and you can make the swap keeping the NV3550 5-speed, then I'd certainly be open to having a chat about that. However, I would love to be as much a part of it as possible. I know what all goes into the swap as I've been a part of several... however, I don't have the knowledge, resources, or experience to handle it on my own.

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
If serious... and you can make the swap keeping the NV3550 5-speed, then I'd certainly be open to having a chat about that. However, I would love to be as much a part of it as possible. I know what all goes into the swap as I've been a part of several... however, I don't have the knowledge, resources, or experience to handle it on my own.
ec031ec64ffd7741f640c2cabf754cf4.jpg

OP
OP
chevymitchell

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Iā€™m absolutely serious, but I donā€™t allow the help like that. I stopped doing that, for the most part, a long time ago. Itā€™s a huge distraction and everything takes 2-3 times longer. Iā€™ll do it for little things ā€¦ maybe. I treat my work like I did when I had the shop running.

Keeping the 5 speed shouldnā€™t be a problem. Iā€™d be more concerned with the torque limit on that trans. It canā€™t handle more than 350 lb/ft of torque; not reliably, anyway. If your LS stays pretty mild with no low end torque cam or stroker torque, then itā€™ll probably be alright.

Sponsored

SPRINKLES

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392, 2001 TJ
Iā€™m absolutely serious, but I donā€™t allow the help like that. I stopped doing that, for the most part, a long time ago. Itā€™s a huge distraction and everything takes 2-3 times longer. Iā€™ll do it for little things ā€¦ maybe. I treat my work like I did when I had the shop running.

Keeping the 5 speed shouldnā€™t be a problem. Iā€™d be more concerned with the torque limit on that trans. It canā€™t handle more than 350 lb/ft of torque; not reliably, anyway. If your LS stays pretty mild with no low end torque cam or stroker torque, then itā€™ll probably be alright.
Eh... it'd be fun to discuss the swap. I'll probably just keep it back home and do it there, but who knows. The motor mounts are one thing that intimidate me a bit, among a lot of other things w/ this project. lol

I plan on running a small cam simply for the lope and nothing more. Even still, I'm not planning on running it wide open and will probably have the rev limiter moved down a bit simply to keep it conservative.

The 5.3 we've got in my dad's '90 Silverado puts down around 350 to the wheels and that's considerably higher than the NV3500 5-speed that's in his truck is rated. So far, it's handled it fine. Granted, we haven't just raced the truck or anything. So with the 3550 in the Jeep being a bit stouter, I'd imagine it'd handle the power just fine as well. Again, I don't plan on spinning that motor very high at all.

OP
OP
chevymitchell

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Eh... it'd be fun to discuss the swap. I'll probably just keep it back home and do it there, but who knows. The motor mounts are one thing that intimidate me a bit, among a lot of other things w/ this project. lol

I plan on running a small cam simply for the lope and nothing more. Even still, I'm not planning on running it wide open and will probably have the rev limiter moved down a bit simply to keep it conservative.

The 5.3 we've got in my dad's '90 Silverado puts down around 350 to the wheels and that's considerably higher than the NV3500 5-speed that's in his truck is rated. So far, it's handled it fine. Granted, we haven't just raced the truck or anything. So with the 3550 in the Jeep being a bit stouter, I'd imagine it'd handle the power just fine as well. Again, I don't plan on spinning that motor very high at all.
It's no problem at all, man. The mounts aren't a big deal. If you have a 240 plug, I can load up the welder and bring it over and weld them on for you when that time comes.

sk4102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Heys guys, Iā€™m out of Winston Salem. Anyway donā€™t have a Wrangler yet but will be ordering one soon. I know the dealer in Eden will do 6% under invoice but are there any other dealers in NC that offer more?

Thanks

Saddle Tramp

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 3.0 Turbo Diesel
Heys guys, Iā€™m out of Winston Salem. Anyway donā€™t have a Wrangler yet but will be ordering one soon. I know the dealer in Eden will do 6% under invoice but are there any other dealers in NC that offer more?

Thanks
I just bought my wife a Compass at Sport Durst in Raleigh out the door tax and tags under MSRP
Bought my Rubicon Diesel in May from Randy Marion in Wilkesboro straight up MSRP no gimmicks.
Both were on the lot

Hope that helps

Sponsored

sk4102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
I just bought my wife a Compass at Sport Durst in Raleigh out the door tax and tags under MSRP
Bought my Rubicon Diesel in May from Randy Marion in Wilkesboro straight up MSRP no gimmicks.
Both were on the lot

Hope that helps
Thanks! My son bought his Mazda from Sport Durst back in June. They did us good!

Looking at ordering 2 door Willys manual. Only option will be the color, Iā€™m liking the Snazzberry.

Saddle Tramp

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 3.0 Turbo Diesel
Thanks! My son bought his Mazda from Sport Durst back in June. They did us good!

Oh, I should have mentioned I will be ordering the Wrangler. Looking at getting 2 door Willys manual. Only option will be the color, Iā€™m liking the Snazzberry.
Best of luck with the new Wrangler - I love that color almost bought the one they had on the lot but I really wanted a diesel so I took the sting grey next to hit. No regrets

SPRINKLES

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392, 2001 TJ
It's no problem at all, man. The mounts aren't a big deal. If you have a 240 plug, I can load up the welder and bring it over and weld them on for you when that time comes.
I'm also planning on running it w/out the A/C. I'd like to free up that much space under the hood and I don't want to have to notch the frame. As it is, I rarely ever use the A/C anyway, besides... it doesn't even blow cold. lol

David P.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR

Thanks
None that they m aware of. Closest ones to 4-6% below invoice are in GA or Tysons Corner VA. Travis at TriCity is awesome they had 6 or 8% below invoice at the time and it worked out really well.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
What's everyone's plans for this year? As far as wheeling goes. Pain Train should be done enough to wheel by May/June. Hopefully have it done for 2-3 test runs at Uwharrie.

My target is the Ozarks Jamboree.
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call ec031ec64ffd7741f640c2cabf754cf4

I'll move West to Ouray from there and North to Holy Cross (camp there again, which was badass last time), then through MN to Drummond Island and back down through Indiana. I've got a badge I need to clean up at Red Bird. Then home.

Shorter trip for this year.

In 2023 there will be another trip, but South through Arkansas and Texas and on to California (Big Bear) then up to the Rubicon. Not sure what else after that. It will depend on who's going with me.
For anyone else on here, my goal would be to try and meet with @chevymitchell for the Indiana badge trails circa end of Sep. or Oct. sometime. Would leave from the Raleigh area to meet him, in case anyone wants to convoy out.

Iā€™ve also never ran Turkey Bay OHV which appears to be 3.5 hrs south of Red Bird; could be a good pit stop on the way out to or back from Red Bird (kind of like what I do with Peterā€™s Mill when I go to Rausch).

The new job could make it tricky to schedule other trips this yea but going to Windrock again and the Gulches would be on the list. Uwharrie, of course, though thatā€™s a day trip from Raleigh.
Sponsored