Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Haha. I'll see if I can get a Pro6 on it.
I was thinking something like one of these. Multi color LEDs so you won't get accused of impersonating an officer...:devil:

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call 1642079879871
Sponsored

Dinga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo
I need some help/advice with a lift install.

@conFUcius convinced me to go with a 2.5" lift instead of waiting on Clayton's new 1.5". I ordered Clayton's Performance Package - 2.5" Overland+ (https://www.claytonoffroad.com/product/jeep-wrangler-performance-package-25-overland).

I got a quote for install at a reputable shop in southern Wake County for $2400 including alignment. This seems high to me, but I've never had this complete of a lift installed before. Is this reasonable?

Are there some shops y'all can recommend to get a few other quotes?

@chevymitchell is this something you may be interested in doing?

Once installed I'll have a Teraflex spacer lift with Fox 2.0 shocks and LCAs from the MOPAR lift for sale along with a Falcon Nexus EF 2.2 Fast Adjust Steering Stabilizer door sale. Any one interested?

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Snow, nah... driving an hour and a half with a brand new Jeep in areas that I'm not familiar with and w/out a winch... I'll take some precautions with the snow . lol

Snow is fun when just screwing around on trails or in a field, etc. :D

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call 1642079879871
With a name like Sprinkles I'm not surprised you'd stay home and watch Sex and the City instead of driving your Jeep in it.

OP
OP
chevymitchell

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
I wonder what size lift you’d need to run 33’s? 🤔

@conFUcius convinced me to go with a 2.5" lift instead of waiting on Clayton's new 1.5". I ordered Clayton's Performance Package - 2.5" Overland+ (https://www.claytonoffroad.com/product/jeep-wrangler-performance-package-25-overland).

I got a quote for install at a reputable shop in southern Wake County for $2400 including alignment. This seems high to me, but I've never had this complete of a lift installed before. Is this reasonable?

Once installed I'll have a Teraflex spacer lift with Fox 2.0 shocks and LCAs from the MOPAR lift for sale along with a Falcon Nexus EF 2.2 Fast Adjust Steering Stabilizer door sale. Any one interested?
That's absolutely way too high. I'll do it for $800 plus alignment, which is $100 bucks or something at NTB. Some shops are just too hungry for money instead of balancing profit with passion. Gear jobs are even worse. PM and we can work out the details or text 3364429463.

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
That's absolutely way too high. I'll do it for $800 plus alignment, which is $100 bucks or something at NTB. Some shops are just too hungry for money instead of balancing profit with passion. Gear jobs are even worse. PM and we can work out the details or text 3364429463.
I know who I'm calling when I get my Mopar lift...

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs

Which shop gave you the quote? Out of curiosity.

Sponsored

Dinga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo
I'll be in touch. Thanks.

OP
OP
chevymitchell

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Avi Engineer
I was thinking something like one of these. Multi color LEDs so you won't get accused of impersonating an officer...:devil:

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call QBge0Us
Hmm... I like this.

Back when I had the cop car, people really got out of the way, but I didn't have lights on top. I think this would do the trick, for sure.

OP
OP
chevymitchell

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Avi Engineer
My daughters sister tested positive for Covid. I’ll have her through next Friday now. No burgers or anything this weekend. All Jeep work cancelled until next Friday.
Sponsored

Last edited: