Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Finally getting @Ran4 ’s Jeep put together. Rubi axle swap from @UNC Rubicon ’s organ donor.

Had to get a new rear housing as the shop I took the bent housing to wouldn’t spend the time to fix it, so I’ll just be taking it somewhere else.

This is a Sahara to Rubi axle swap with 4.88’s using the Mopar locker harnesses with adding the aux switch bank to the cockpit.

I’ll post more throughout the day.

EEA43DF8-349A-45C0-8EB4-799E4264FAF9.jpeg

F2C06A78-ADC5-4A8E-81E6-38F980157628.jpeg

6534B96F-8A97-4841-B1F0-BAF4015F07DC.jpeg

4B49E708-943F-477B-AB19-35ADEF2EB113.jpeg

3DD4ED55-F517-4544-8123-07726A9AC33F.jpeg

6D55ECFD-A056-4EAF-BF90-D0787B1DA923.jpeg
Hmmmm... I wonder where those Sahara axles came from :movember:
Sponsored

OP
OP
chevymitchell

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Hmmmm... I wonder where those Sahara axles came from :movember:
What? Lol.

Yours have been long gone. Those axles are rubicon axles. The Sahara axles coming off are from Randy’s Jeep. Are you paying attention or just looking at the pictures? Lol

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
What? Lol.

Yours have been long gone. Those axles are rubicon axles. The Sahara axles coming off are from Randy’s Jeep. Are you paying attention or just looking at the pictures? Lol
Pictures... all about the pictures. Did you know they wrote books based on the Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings movies?!?!?

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp, 2014 X5 35d, 2020 JLR 6sp
Far from @chevymitchell replacing engines, gear changes or the Pain Train, we upgraded our rear bumpers! Chevy did both our gears and axle shafts…he’s The Guy when you need work done on your Jeep.

We ordered The Motobilt Crusher from River City Offroad (@River City Offroad always has excellent customer service and pricing) which was bare steal. Clean, sand, clean, tack, prime, paint…good to go! I used Rustoleum primer and then the Truck Bed Spray. The Motobilt welds and overall fit & finish are outstanding.
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_4145
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_4143

Taking off the rear OEM is pretty straightforward, pulling out all the sensors and cleaning up the wire isn’t bad either; just a little tedious.
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call H start
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call H Tire off
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call H clean tailgate
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call H Bumper off

Only downside of the bumper is all the cutouts make wire management/hiding a little tricker, but they provided great access areas. Overall, I’m really impressed with the quality and great designs (down to how they secure the back up sensors).
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_4159

While at it, we did a tire delete to clean up the rear even more. Yes, I get to keep a spare on mine so she has a backup…

The Artec setup is top notch. Crazy light, but very sturdy. Save for the time it took to pull off the Tera Flex HD Carrier and Mopar reinforcement, the Artec was an incredibly easy install.

Thanks to @4xnaz who I cribbed the Rigid light look from his sweat rig and Lawrence for giving the heads up on the look into it! BTW, get with @ThirtyOne on rockn’ shirts, hoodies and sweaters at Jeepdoodles.com

BTW, these lights pulled too much juice and I ended up having to tie into both taillights (I’m not an electrician). So, apparently the wiring is different between driver & passenger. The live wire on the driver side is the white with brown stripe and on the passenger side it is the white with purple stripe. Hopefully that helps someone…it took me a while to figure it out...I should have looked up a wire diagram...

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call H Bumper on

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call Honu Iki

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call Honu Rocks

Sponsored

4xnaz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Far from @chevymitchell replacing engines, gear changes or the Pain Train, we upgraded our rear bumpers! Chevy did both our gears and axle shafts…he’s The Guy when you need work done on your Jeep.

We ordered The Motobilt Crusher from River City Offroad (@River City Offroad always has excellent customer service and pricing) which was bare steal. Clean, sand, clean, tack, prime, paint…good to go! I used Rustoleum primer and then the Truck Bed Spray. The Motobilt welds and overall fit & finish are outstanding.

Taking off the rear OEM is pretty straightforward, pulling out all the sensors and cleaning up the wire isn’t bad either; just a little tedious.

Only downside of the bumper is all the cutouts make wire management/hiding a little tricker, but they provided great access areas. Overall, I’m really impressed with the quality and great designs (down to how they secure the back up sensors).

While at it, we did a tire delete to clean up the rear even more. Yes, I get to keep a spare on mine so she has a backup…

The Artec setup is top notch. Crazy light, but very sturdy. Save for the time it took to pull off the Tera Flex HD Carrier and Mopar reinforcement, the Artec was an incredibly easy install.

Thanks to @4xnaz who I cribbed the Rigid light look from his sweat rig and Lawrence for giving the heads up on the look into it! BTW, get with @ThirtyOne on rockn’ shirts, hoodies and sweaters at Jeepdoodles.com

BTW, these lights pulled too much juice and I ended up having to tie into both taillights (I’m not an electrician). So, apparently the wiring is different between driver & passenger. The live wire on the driver side is the white with brown stripe and on the passenger side it is the white with purple stripe. Hopefully that helps someone…it took me a while to figure it out...I should have looked up a wire diagram...

Looks great!!! Thanks for the mention!!!

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Copy cat :P

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp, 2014 X5 35d, 2020 JLR 6sp
We upgraded my rear bumper as well!

We ordered from @NextDan and went with the Next Venture Rimrocker. This one came with fantastic powder coating and I ordered the Baja lights from them as well. Great pricing, very easy to work with and Casey at NV was very helpful with the order & follow up.

Unplug one connector, a couple of Christmas tree fasteners, spin off the bolts and old bumper removed! I should have taken off the rear tire to start…I did eventually, but was being lazy.

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_4169

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_4170
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_4173

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_4174

Same procedure of removing sensors as last time, but I did need the plastic holders for the NV bumper, which worked really well. Loaded everything into the NV bumper (I did clean up the wire more before installing) and onto the Jeep!
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_4178

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_4210

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_4211

Overall fit and finish were very good with nice welds & powder coating. Not surprising though, I’ve run their rear differential skid for a couple years and it has been great at taking hits…I really need to work on picking better lines…
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_3672

The tolerances are nice and tight on this bumper and the installation was straightforward. Potentially, I can lower the tire down one level on the TeraFlex carrier. The whole jam nuts on the studs a little bit of a pain, so that may have to wait until my next rotation.

I used the Artec license relocation bracket. As with their delete, very easy to install and great quality. The only thing I don’t like is the silver bolts…I may address that in the future. The brake/license plate light is from Max-Bilt, there were some other options, but this worked and they have a fun video review of this item…it’s the main reason I picked it.

BTW, we have two rear OEM Steel Bumpers sitting in the garage…let me know if anyone’s interested.

Edit...Best of all it's not like Mike!...take that @mgroeger!

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_2162

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Technically, @Sentinel was rocking the Motobilt look before you were, @mgroeger ! My bumper is sitting in my garage waiting for the tire carrier from @CavFab_mfg to ship (got notification today :rock:) so I can have them all powder coated. Shoutout to Marcus @River City Offroad for giving me the hook up and @GhostDivers for the recommendation!

@chevymitchell has already been put on standby to fix anything I screw up :LOL:.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Technically, @Sentinel was rocking the Motobilt look before you were, @mgroeger ! My bumper is sitting in my garage waiting for the tire carrier from @CavFab_mfg to ship (got notification today :rock:) so I can have them all powder coated. Shoutout to Marcus @River City Offroad for giving me the hook up and @GhostDivers for the recommendation!

@chevymitchell has already been put on standby to fix anything I screw up :LOL:.
It was the Motobilt and Artec combo... mind YODB ;)

Sponsored

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
It was the Motobilt and Artec combo... mind YODB ;)
Says the guy in UT still hanging out on the NC roll call ;). I still need to install your skid plate and find that longer U bolt/clamp thingy.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Says the guy in UT still hanging out on the NC roll call ;). I still need to install your skid plate and find that longer U bolt/clamp thingy.
TROLL!!!! :) Call me if you need help on what I did.