Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Cool trip. Glad I was with Shawn to watch/assist him getting up 73 because there was not much else that was interesting on the trails.

I'm not sure pictures do it justice. That was a gnarly trail! No way to get up it without winching.
You kind of have to look at the pictures while leaning over to get a sense of the incline...

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call 1612790246622
Sponsored

OP
OP
chevymitchell

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Cool trip. Glad I was with Shawn to watch/assist him getting up 73 because there was not much else that was interesting on the trails.

I'm not sure pictures do it justice. That was a gnarly trail! No way to get up it without winching.
I most certainly would not have made it without you and Dominic helping. The pics never do it justice. It was a pretty cool climb. Between that and the route we took out of Bearwallow back to I-77, I would say it was worth the drive.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
OK, time for a UT checkin since there's been WAY too much NC crap posted on this thread recently. We took Fat Ninja's hemorrhoid out for it's maiden voyage to Zion National Park and camped Saturday night. @UNC Rubicon it's OK to be jealous, I'd be if I were you. Yes, that was like a 6 point Buck that walked within 20' of me in the pic only to be followed by two more buck and then about 10 doe. Unreal out here, it's like a fairy tale in some of these places. OK, I'm done rubbing it in.
I do miss you guys even people like Bret that we never got to wheel with. Can't wait for this summer to wheel with some of you!!!!

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_6921

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_20210206_1314378

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_20210206_1655370

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The Spider-Man helmet is my favorite part of this picture.
OK, I'm going to say it since no one else is. Regarding the helmet... wait, what the heck is going on... some sort of filter is being applied to my brain right now and I can't type the funny all be it inappropriate thing I was going to just type. What the heck is going on around here!!!! Abort post, abort post...

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
OK, I'm going to say it since no one else is. Regarding the helmet... wait, what the heck is going on... some sort of filter is being applied to my brain right now and I can't type the funny all be it inappropriate thing I was going to just type. What the heck is going on around here!!!! Abort post, abort post...
Helmets are required at Bearwallow. Guess someone died and this is how they’ve managed to keep the trail system open.

Its hilarious that Dominic embraced the idea of wearing the helmet.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Helmets are required at Bearwallow. Guess someone died and this is how they’ve managed to keep the trail system open.

Exactly. He bought that kid’s Spider-Man helmet at Dicks the day before and wore it the whole time. It was pretty funny. I think he plans to return it.

it actually came in handy because we all slipped several times crawling around that trail.

OP
OP
chevymitchell

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
OK, time for a UT checkin since there's been WAY too much NC crap posted on this thread recently. We took Fat Ninja's hemorrhoid out for it's maiden voyage to Zion National Park and camped Saturday night. @UNC Rubicon it's OK to be jealous, I'd be if I were you. Yes, that was like a 6 point Buck that walked within 20' of me in the pic only to be followed by two more buck and then about 10 doe. Unreal out here, it's like a fairy tale in some of these places. OK, I'm done rubbing it in.
I do miss you guys even people like Bret that we never got to wheel with. Can't wait for this summer to wheel with some of you!!!!

Looks good man. Did you take the spare off to keep below Gross Weight? Lol.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Ah ha! I didn't know that.
Looks good man. Did you take the spare off to keep below Gross Weight? Lol.
Lol, sort of... even with a 4" drop hitch the tire made it difficult to to hook up the trailer because the tire would be just enough in the way to make you cuss. With the tire off I can literally back it right up to the ball dead on using the camera and then just crank it down. Then throw in the 120 lbs I'm saving and also the clearance I'm gaining for when we wheel and the beautiful view out of my rear window and I'm 99.999% committed to a spare tire delete. I like the Artec one personally. Funny thing is I love the look of the spare especially on Kimberly's.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Alright, alright, alright, alright!!!
Today was shopping day with some money I've been holding onto. Right now @Motobilt offers 10% off your order if you sign up for email list or you can wait until 2/19 when they will be running a 10% off promo. They are also doing free shipping and don't charge sales tax outside of Alabama.
Tomorrow is the last day for @Artec offering 15.55% discount on all orders.

Can't wait to get and install!!!!

Motobilt rear crusher in bare metal.
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call 1612897258293

Artec tire delete in bare aluminum.
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call 1612897349944

American adventure labs fender shave.
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call 1612897482071

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Alright, alright, alright, alright!!!
Today was shopping day with some money I've been holding onto. Right now @Motobilt offers 10% off your order if you sign up for email list or you can wait until 2/19 when they will be running a 10% off promo. They are also doing free shipping and don't charge sales tax outside of Alabama.
Tomorrow is the last day for @Artec offering 15.55% discount on all orders.

Can't wait to get and install!!!!

Motobilt rear crusher in bare metal.
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call 1612897482071
Let me know how you like it. I’ll be picking up that one later this year but not until Black Friday so my wallet can recover and hoping for 20% off like they did this past year.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Let me know how you like it. I’ll be picking up that one later this year but not until Black Friday so my wallet can recover and hoping for 20% off like they did this past year.
I was pleased with the cost... $404... $450 - 10%. I was able to get the one without the spare tire notch which is $50 cheaper than the one with.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Also starting 2/19 for 10 days they will be running 10% off.
Sponsored