Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
This weekend's adventure...
The pics with the snow are from Thanksgiving day where we went up to Dixie Forest. The pics of the desert are from today over at Sand Hollow where we did a 25 Jeep trail ride on Wayne's World and then did a very fun and challenging trail called Double Sammy with two other Jeeps.
These two locations are literally 1hr 20mins apart. Sand Hollow is 15 mins from our house, The beginning of Dixie forest is an hour from our house and has a peak elevation of 9,900' and there is snow up there now.
We are heading back to Dixie Forest tomorrow, with our $10 permit in hand, to go cut down our Christmas tree :)

Sadly Fat Ninja sat in the garage because Adam's Driveshafts sent me a bad/wrong t-case yoke for my new front driveshaft :(

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_5986
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_5990
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_6005
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_6007
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_6018
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_6020
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_6045
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_6038
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_6030
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_6028
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_6026
Sponsored

OP
OP
chevymitchell

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
This weekend's adventure...
The pics with the snow are from Thanksgiving day where we went up to Dixie Forest. The pics of the desert are from today over at Sand Hollow where we did a 25 Jeep trail ride on Wayne's World and then did a very fun and challenging trail called Double Sammy with two other Jeeps.
These two locations are literally 1hr 20mins apart. Sand Hollow is 15 mins from our house, The beginning of Dixie forest is an hour from our house and has a peak elevation of 9,900' and there is snow up there now.
We are heading back to Dixie Forest tomorrow, with our $10 permit in hand, to go cut down our Christmas tree :)

Sadly Fat Ninja sat in the garage because Adam's Driveshafts sent me a bad/wrong t-case yoke for my new front driveshaft :(

That's so awesome, man. That's where the real wheelin' is at. Wish I could move out there. It'll have to be yearly trips for the time being.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
That's so awesome, man. That's where the real wheelin' is at. Wish I could move out there. It'll have to be yearly trips for the time being.
You would have had a blast on Double Sammy. It is literally one big rock crawl from start to finish. I'd say that 95% of the trail is on the rocks. We will run it when you get out here next year :)
One of the guys we were with was running a 2013 JK with about a 3.5" lift, 37s and OPEN DIFFS... well a very poorly function LSD in the rear. He nailed it, I was impressed, he even ran up The Chute which is like a steeper, shorter and easier to damage yourself Hell's Gate.

OP
OP
chevymitchell

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Avi Engineer
You would have had a blast on Double Sammy. It is literally one big rock crawl from start to finish. I'd say that 95% of the trail is on the rocks. We will run it when you get out here next year :)
One of the guys we were with was running a 2013 JK with about a 3.5" lift, 37s and OPEN DIFFS... well a very poorly function LSD in the rear. He nailed it, I was impressed, he even ran up The Chute which is like a steeper, shorter and easier to damage yourself Hell's Gate.
Bring it on! Mama didn't raise no B**ch. Lol!

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up a 2004 Escape last week to have for when the kids visit, guests visit or a Jeep is down. Just got this sticker made for it...

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call 1607011757924

Sponsored

OP
OP
chevymitchell

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Picked up a 2004 Escape last week to have for when the kids visit, guests visit or a Jeep is down. Just got this sticker made for it...

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call 1607011757924
Haha... yes. Same reason why I have the C300 here.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
OK OK OK, I'll put more pics up of us wheeling at Sand Hollow. Geesh, you guys are so impatient. You need to give me time to do this stuff. I mean first I need to go into my garage and air down the tires, then I need to disconnect the discos, then I need to throw my tool bag in the back. Then I need to get in the Jeep and drive all the way over (aprox. 10 miles) to Sand Hollow and make my way back to the trail. Man, I'll tell you it can be rough sometimes but I do it for you guys, not me, not my wife... for you guys.
Anyways... here are the pics you've been pestering me for.

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_6115
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_6108
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_6133
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_6136
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_6139
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_6146
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_6147
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_6149
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_6152
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_6154
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_6158

OP
OP
chevymitchell

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Avi Engineer
OK OK OK, I'll put more pics up of us wheeling at Sand Hollow. Geesh, you guys are so impatient. You need to give me time to do this stuff. I mean first I need to go into my garage and air down the tires, then I need to disconnect the discos, then I need to throw my tool bag in the back. Then I need to get in the Jeep and drive all the way over (aprox. 10 miles) to Sand Hollow and make my way back to the trail. Man, I'll tell you it can be rough sometimes but I do it for you guys, not me, not my wife... for you guys.
Anyways... here are the pics you've been pestering me for.

I'm so happy Fat Ninja's abuse has continued. Lol. It's a good testament to how a Jeep will continue to perform if taken care of well. You've gotta be pushing 40K miles or so on it by now.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'm so happy Fat Ninja's abuse has continued. Lol. It's a good testament to how a Jeep will continue to perform if taken care of well. You've gotta be pushing 40K miles or so on it by now.
I see the secret camera you installed somewhere in there is working... lol, just rolled over 40K on it.
The new Adam's driveshaft up front is working well, the factory one was toast. Now that I have a smart phone I can listen to Spotify while I wheel... LOL. Kimberly is getting ready to roll 70k on her Jeep!!!!

Next up will be some rock lights for both of the Jeeps because the wheeling out here in the summer is predominantly night wheeling when it is STILL 100 degrees at 9PM. We've started to build friendships was some pretty cool Jeepers out here. Not as cool as the NC crew but close ;)

The trail in the pics is West Rim and it's a great trail, one of those where you can make it as easy or challenging as you want. Plenty of little "playground" areas where you can go around to different obstacles and play.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
FINE! Get off my back guys! Here are the videos! Geesh. Quote of the day "Where are you?!" from the first video.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Well, managed to get Fat Ninja in quite a jam at the end of John's Trail in Sand Hollow today. What's hard to tell from the pic is that going back down would be dicey and it would be easy to go off the side as well. The solution was to bring Kimberly's Jeep around and tether myself to it, get straight and then winch/drag me up and leave really cool scrape marks on the rocks. Thankfully no damage was incurred. There was a great video of me getting stuck here but my son deleted it from his phone... kids.

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_6239

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_20201213_1648213
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_20201213_1648071
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_6241
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_6234
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_6203
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_6195

HoboJeep

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Gray
Well, managed to get Fat Ninja in quite a jam at the end of John's Trail in Sand Hollow today. What's hard to tell from the pic is that going back down would be dicey and it would be easy to go off the side as well. The solution was to bring Kimberly's Jeep around and tether myself to it, get straight and then winch/drag me up and leave really cool scrape marks on the rocks. Thankfully no damage was incurred. There was a great video of me getting stuck here but my son deleted it from his phone... kids.

So Kimberly got a call about a Jeep stuck on the rocks at Sand Hollow...

She might start taking some of Matt's business. :LOL:

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty awesome, Mike. If your son has an iPhone, look in the recently deleted folder in the Photos app. It should be there unless he deleted the contents of that folder too.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty awesome, Mike. If your son has an iPhone, look in the recently deleted folder in the Photos app. It should be there unless he deleted the contents of that folder too.
Yeah we had that conversation and he said that since his icloud is all full, when he deletes on his phone it gets permanently deleted. Don't worry though... all of the selfies of him and his sister and the pictures of the rocks and landscapes are all safe... smh.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah we had that conversation and he said that since his icloud is all full, when he deletes on his phone it gets permanently deleted. Don't worry though... all of the selfies of him and his sister and the pictures of the rocks and landscapes are all safe... smh.
Sounds like it’s time to trade in your son.
Sponsored