Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I should actually start planning at some point. I think a hotel would be the best bet. Don’t get me wrong, I like to camp but I’m not sure I can do multiple nights of sub freezing weather in a tent.
Having lived 45 mins from Rausch Creek I can tell you that you don't want to be camping during that time of the year. Well, I don't know about @chevymitchell since he seems to like it cold but the "normal" people won't.
Sponsored

TOOBSOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUS
Sounds good - So who is up for this weekend?
What day are you thinking for this weekend? I will be in that general area on Friday night to pick-up some take-off rock sliders from a dood. Was gonna camp out overnight and then hit Uwharrie Saturday since I am gonna be out there already. I don't care which trails we hit, just be good to get out there and the weather is looking great.

TOOBSOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUS
Sorry, man. Mine isn't ready yet and I'm booked up for about every weekend for 2 months. It'll be a little bit. I think the next trip I'll be available for is Rausch Creek in December.

@UNC Rubicon is putting that one together.
I'd potentially like to join that Rausch trip if it's open for others to join. What dates are you thinking?

I have tried tent camping at Rausch in December before and ended up in the Jeep both times. The Comfort Inn in Pine Grove gives a discount for those going to Rausch, so I will end up there.

mic.rempel

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2018 Grand Cherokee
Sounds good - So who is up for this weekend?
My wife and I are camping at Arrowhead on Friday night and will be hitting trails on Saturday. Thus far, I've only hit the easy trails but now the lift and tires are in I'm looking to do some of the more difficult sections.

Happy to meet up to run some stuff together!

stormymk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Firecracker Red
Vehicle Showcase
My wife and I are camping at Arrowhead on Friday night and will be hitting trails on Saturday. Thus far, I've only hit the easy trails but now the lift and tires are in I'm looking to do some of the more difficult sections.

Right now it looks like I am looking at Sunday. Since it was looking like no one was around, my wife started making some other plans for Saturday. If you are still there, I am game to meet up.

Sponsored

stormymk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What day are you thinking for this weekend? I will be in that general area on Friday night to pick-up some take-off rock sliders from a dood. Was gonna camp out overnight and then hit Uwharrie Saturday since I am gonna be out there already. I don't care which trails we hit, just be good to get out there and the weather is looking great.
Sunday is what it is looking like right now, however if there are a few that can do Saturday only, I may leave the wife at home and just go down myself.

TOOBSOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUS
Sunday is what it is looking like right now, however if there are a few that can do Saturday only, I may leave the wife at home and just go down myself.
Understood. I have in-laws coming down on Sunday so I am only able to go on Saturday. I’ll be flying solo since my crew will be at home prepping for company.

TOOBSOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUS

I’d be happy to join you if you want on Saturday and am down for whatever trails you want to run.

stormymk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Understood. I have in-laws coming down on Sunday so I am only able to go on Saturday. I’ll be flying solo since my crew will be at home prepping for company.
I’d be happy to join you if you want on Saturday and am down for whatever trails you want to run.
What time would you guys be at the trails? I need to see if I can make it happen Saturday. If not I can always go solo and stick to the basic stuff.

TOOBSOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUS
What time would you guys be at the trails? I need to see if I can make it happen Saturday. If not I can always go solo and stick to the basic stuff.
I'm gonna find a dispersed campsite on the trail Friday night. We can meet at Eldorado outpost or link up on the trails? I will probably hit the trails around 8:30-9ish and head home at 3 or 4.

Sponsored

stormymk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm gonna find a dispersed campsite on the trail Friday night. We can meet at Eldorado outpost or link up on the trails? I will probably hit the trails around 8:30-9ish and head home at 3 or 4.
Yeah most likely not going to happen for me, but I will catch-up another time. I may also shoot over next weekend as well if the weather is looking decent on Saturday.

TOOBSOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUS
Yeah most likely not going to happen for me, but I will catch-up another time. I may also shoot over next weekend as well if the weather is looking decent on Saturday.
No worries man. My wife is due next week so this weekend will probably be the last time she‘ll let me escape from the house for a little while haha. Catch you another time.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Well... the deposits are in... :whew: I’m still panicking from the bill though, haha.

Few weeks and my 2020 JLUR will be on a 2.5” RK lift on 37” KO2s!

I’ll be looking to re-home a set of stock JLUR tires, rims (with TPMS) with probably around 5K miles (only highway driving) if you know of anyone looking.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Well... the deposits are in... :whew: I’m still panicking from the bill though, haha.

Few weeks and my 2020 JLUR will be on a 2.5” RK lift on 37” KO2s!

I’ll be looking to re-home a set of stock JLUR tires, rims (with TPMS) with probably around 5K miles (only highway driving) if you know of anyone looking.
That’s awesome man! What wheels did you go with?

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
That’s awesome man! What wheels did you go with?
Picking up a like new set of Fuel Beasts. Got them for a great deal and with everything else on backorder, got too impatient, haha.
Sponsored