First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Ye3ah she was looking something that would be easy to pop the rear windows out but with the lift it makes it cumbersome. She loved the sunrider part of it and used that often. Personally I like the look of the hard top but as soon as it's nice out I'm top and doors off even in the heat.
Think I’m more open to it now that there’s COVID and all I do is drive to the store and to play tennis (sweaty already). It wasn’t pleasant showing you to an office in business casual sweating your ass off, haha.
Sponsored

stormymk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Firecracker Red
Vehicle Showcase
Even with my last built up JKU, I had visions of grandeur riding around topless with cargo nets and my dogs in the Jeep. This lasts a few weeks in a year because it’s hot as hell and I sweat like a whore in church so I wind up keeping the top on with the AC on blast. That being said, I’m going the opposite of your wife and finding myself more and more wanting a soft top again, haha :facepalm:. Just need to find out how to get the top off without chipping it and storing it... #1stworldproblems
Ok since you brought up A/C, since this is my first Wrangler, is the A/C supposed to run pretty cold? Mine is cool but not cold by any means and I wasn't sure if this is just the way it is or if I need to bring it in.

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Ok since you brought up A/C, since this is my first Wrangler, is the A/C supposed to run pretty cold? Mine is cool but not cold by any means and I wasn't sure if this is just the way it is or if I need to bring it in.
Are you using Auto mode or setting the temp and fan manually? Auto mode sucks IMO. If I turn the temp to Lo and the fan to full blast, mine will freeze me out.

stormymk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Firecracker Red
Vehicle Showcase
Are you using Auto mode or setting the temp and fan manually? Auto mode sucks IMO. If I turn the temp to Lo and the fan to full blast, mine will freeze me out.
Yeah I tried both. It's set to low, ac, max fan.
Also tried auto.

I just wanted to know before I go through the run around at the dealer with them saying well it was probably parked in the sun or something.

We have kept the top on for the last month because it's been so hot, only sometimes at night I'll put it down for a nice drive but AC sounds like I need to bring it in.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Also tried auto.

I just wanted to know before I go through the run around at the dealer with them saying well it was probably parked in the sun or something.

We have kept the top on for the last month because it's been so hot, only sometimes at night I'll put it down for a nice drive but AC sounds like I need to bring it in.
I never use auto, manually manage mine all the time. It gets pretty cold but I have noticed how effective it is is highly variable based on how fast you’re going (i.e. one temp may not be enough when cruising at lower speeds, then you hit the highway cruising and I have to turn it warmer because it’s freezing my ass off). Naturally, the ESS sucks.

Sponsored

foxswimmer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '04 Mazda3, '13 Sienna (because kids)
I am tossing around the idea of taking a trip to Uwharrie this weekend. This would be my first time going. I've done simple trails elsewhere, but mostly rutted out fire roads ... nothing very technical or difficult.

Is anyone else planning a trip and wouldn't mind an extra rig joining?

I have a JLUR all stock except for 315/70R17 Mickey Thompson Baja ATZP3 tires on Quadratec Hardrock wheels. I have basic recovery gear minus a winch.

I wanted to use this trip to help determine if a lift would be needed given the upgrade in tires.

Right now it looks like some rain possible for Saturday, but Sunday looks dry.
Well, discovered that I am having some issues staying in 4L (posted about it here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jlur-will-not-stay-in-4-low.55301/post-1199430). Won't have time to fix it myself before tomorrow.

Was planning to head out to Uwharrie tomorrow with a group that will run the "easy" stuff in the morning, before breaking for lunch and then hitting the more challenging trails (Falls Damn, Dickey Bell and the Backside of Daniel).

Maybe a stupid/noob question, but will I fine with only 4H in a JLUR for the "easy" stuff? It will likely be a bit wet from all the rain, if that makes a difference.

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Well, discovered that I am having some issues staying in 4L (posted about it here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jlur-will-not-stay-in-4-low.55301/post-1199430). Won't have time to fix it myself before tomorrow.

Was planning to head out to Uwharrie tomorrow with a group that will run the "easy" stuff in the morning, before breaking for lunch and then hitting the more challenging trails (Falls Damn, Dickey Bell and the Backside of Daniel).

Maybe a stupid/noob question, but will I fine with only 4H in a JLUR for the "easy" stuff? It will likely be a bit wet from all the rain, if that makes a difference.
I've never used 4lo on any of the easy or moderate Uwharrie trails. You'll should be fine although if it's wet, there may be some slipping and sliding!

I'm planning to hit Uwharrie on Sunday with my son if anyone is interested.

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
@ThirtyOne @jdubya421 @melendez69 @GhostDivers @UNC Rubicon @Tar Heel Wrangler @Sean L and anyone else...

OK guys it's time to start a pool to see how long @chevymitchell will be keeping this vehicle. Now, it's a Jeep Wrangler, so we can expect this on to last a bit longer than the Police Interceptor or the Trackhawk or the second Trackhawk or the KTM Touring Bike or the GMC truck that have come and gone in the last 9 months... :giggle:

I'm in for $20 and my date is 8/14/22
He has a three year plan Mike!

(I also like to think I helped in making the decision to get the Recon and I am proud of that)

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
My auto mode usually keeps me a little too cold honestly and I like it cold. I end up putting it at 74 and I stay cool for the most part. I find that my 19 and my 20 both could get what seemed like way too hot or too cold for a human to enjoy.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Also tried auto.

In my wife's Sahara it's ice cold, freezing really. In my Rubi it's pretty cold but slightly less than hers. I took it to the dealer and they did a re-calibration on it. Apparently there is an issue on some of them where the damper door doesn't swing all the way or something like that.

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Heading back to Uwharrie on 8/1 and may give Dickey Bell a try depending on how wet it is.

Which direction is the easier way to go for a first time run?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Heading back to Uwharrie on 8/1 and may give Dickey Bell a try depending on how wet it is.

I think it is easier going down.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

What time are you thinking about getting there? I might be able to swing it.