Sponsored

North Carolina Roll Call

foxswimmer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '04 Mazda3, '13 Sienna (because kids)
Well, you could go out in the water and “relieve” yourself that way. Granted not sure that’ll work if you have to do the old number 2. :CWL:
For sure ... I'm all about relieving oneself in the ocean in the number one situation. No shame there.
Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Just sharing the pic below to rub it in, err I mean to share the love...hehehe :) Just a short trail down the street from the house we are staying in. Those mountains are the view from our back patio.
It's hot as heck out here, average around 102 during the day and even at 6PM it's 99 degrees out but NO humidity so it's near as bad as back in NC. It gets dark around 9:30 and from what we are told Sand Hollow comes alive then. We plan on checking out Cedar City tomorrow during the day and then hit Sand Hollow with one of the guys from Dixie 4 Wheel around 7PM, can't wait.
Went to Dixie's shop today and man was it cool, like a kid in a candy store... lol. They build some seriously sick stuff.

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call 200706_0000

stormymk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Firecracker Red
Vehicle Showcase
Thinking of hitting Fort Fisher sometime in the next month for a day trip to the beach. It'll be our first time driving on the sand.

Perhaps a silly question about the restroom situation. I'll be with my wife and three young kids (10, 10, and 8). I assume that if ... um ... a solid emergency arises that requires restroom facilities, you just jump back in the Jeep and drive to the main beach access entrance and use the facilities there?

I want to drive far enough down the beach to have some space to ourselves, but also don't want to have too many inconvenient runs back to the restrooms.

How has everyone else handled being on the beach (potentially) all day with young kids.
I'll be back there Thursday-Saturday. I have a 6 year old and it never was a problem but yeah, you would need to drive to the entrance for restrooms. A lot of people make quick trips out and leave others behind until they return so if you had to take care of business, it really isn't that big of a deal outside of maybe trying to get the piles of sand off before jumping in the Jeep.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Just sharing the pic below to rub it in, err I mean to share the love...hehehe :) Just a short trail down the street from the house we are staying in. Those mountains are the view from our back patio.
It's hot as heck out here, average around 102 during the day and even at 6PM it's 99 degrees out but NO humidity so it's near as bad as back in NC. It gets dark around 9:30 and from what we are told Sand Hollow comes alive then. We plan on checking out Cedar City tomorrow during the day and then hit Sand Hollow with one of the guys from Dixie 4 Wheel around 7PM, can't wait.
Went to Dixie's shop today and man was it cool, like a kid in a candy store... lol. They build some seriously sick stuff.

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call 200706_0000
Looks good Mike! My main regret in life is not owning a Jeep when I lived out in the socal Desert.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It's H O T in the Sand Hollow area. Temps are around 102 during the day and even at 6PM it's still 100 but the sun is not as intense. We are going to run West Rim trail today and also meet up with some other Jeepers over the weekend to run The Maze and also Toquerville Falls which looks amazing.
We ran up to Cedar City yesterday and wondered back into Dixie Forest... wow, we thought we were in CO because of how much it looked like San Juan. We discovered this gem of a lake called Navajo Lake up in the middle of BFE in the mountains... lol. There are also some cool lava flow remnants up in the mountains VERY diverse landscapes up here in Dixie Forest.
We ran up to Sand Hollow the other night to orient ourselves as well.

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_4194
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call 62FF2BFC-2667-40D5-AAEE-C15C12C32C3A.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_4196
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_4254.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_4257
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_4260
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_4262

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
congrats! What kind of deal did you get?
The brain trust here will have to evaluate but it was good to me: $3K more on my trade (no negative equity to leave my Grand Cherokee V8 High Altitude léase eight months early) than Leith and $6K off sticker!

David P.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
The brain trust here will have to evaluate but it was good to me: $3K more on my trade (no negative equity to leave my Grand Cherokee V8 High Altitude léase eight months early) than Leith and $6K off sticker!
congrats!!! Looks awesome!!

Sponsored

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
congrats!!! Looks awesome!!
Thanks! Glad to be back and happy to have a vehicle that will age well and not high maintenance (i.e. I don’t have to keep clean ).

EagleJL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Sarge Green Willys
Occupation
UPS
Looks fantastic!
It's H O T in the Sand Hollow area. Temps are around 102 during the day and even at 6PM it's still 100 but the sun is not as intense. We are going to run West Rim trail today and also meet up with some other Jeepers over the weekend to run The Maze and also Toquerville Falls which looks amazing.
We ran up to Cedar City yesterday and wondered back into Dixie Forest... wow, we thought we were in CO because of how much it looked like San Juan. We discovered this gem of a lake called Navajo Lake up in the middle of BFE in the mountains... lol. There are also some cool lava flow remnants up in the mountains VERY diverse landscapes up here in Dixie Forest.
We ran up to Sand Hollow the other night to orient ourselves as well.

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call 8C884442-C1DF-4C1B-93EB-EF46110ABAD0
Do you drive out there or have your Jeep hauled out there?

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Looks fantastic!

Do you drive out there or have your Jeep hauled out there?
Drive! It's part of the fun. I do get it... we are wheeling our sole means of transportation, that means we do need to be smart about it and understand the risks.

EagleJL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Sarge Green Willys
Occupation
UPS
I'm really thinking about going to colorado in a year or two. Having my Jeep hauled out there would give us more time to do more trails and see more. To have it hauled out there and back would be over $3000. Not sure that is worth it. Probably just have to drive.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm really thinking about going to colorado in a year or two. Having my Jeep hauled out there would give us more time to do more trails and see more. To have it hauled out there and back would be over $3000. Not sure that is worth it. Probably just have to drive.
Several local guys are going in August this year. And I’m in the early planning stages for next August with @chevymitchell.
Sponsored