North Carolina Roll Call

David P.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Anyone have recommendations on places to stay near Carova? Thinking of planning a trip in the fall.
Sponsored

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Probably just a house or hotel/motel so we could drive out to the beach each day. Family of three, so something small would work.
There are no hotels/motels in Carova - just houses. Most houses are rented through individuals, VRBO, or individual rental companies.

If you stay south of Carova in Carolla, there are hotels, houses, and condos. I would recommend staying in either of those areas. Any further south and you will have to deal with the traffic in and out of Duck and it’s horrible - especially on the weekends.

Edit to add: if you have Facebook, check out the OBX Home Rentals by Owners group. You can typically find what you’re looking forward there and avoid the VRBO fees.

Last edited:

JocoRubicon

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Anyone have recommendations on places to stay near Carova? Thinking of planning a trip in the fall.
There's a Hampton Inn up that way. Not a ton of places to eat up there so having a rental house where you can cook is a good option. This place was nice last time I was down there but it's been 2yrs for me since I stayed at this place.

Hampton Inn & Suites Outer Banks/ Corolla
333 Audubon Drive, Corolla, North Carolina, 27927, USA

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
OK, any of you guys want my Jeep all weather mats for free? No, I'm not shipping them... local pickup only or the next time we wheel together.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
OK, any of you guys want my Jeep all weather mats for free? No, I'm not shipping them... local pickup only or the next time we wheel together.
I'll take em

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'll take em
You got it. Since it's been almost 2 years and I haven't wheeled with you yet we need to get creative... lol. I know I will eventually be going to Shawn's to do a t-case swap in the future, if we can't meet up before then I can meet you at Shawn's.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
You got it. Since it's been almost 2 years and I haven't wheeled with you yet we need to get creative... lol. I know I will eventually be going to Shawn's to do a t-case swap in the future, if we can't meet up before then I can meet you at Shawn's.
we can definitely do that. A Uwharrie trip is a good Idea too.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
we can definitely do that. A Uwharrie trip is a good Idea too.
It will be awhile for us since we are headed to UT for 14 days next Friday but I'll keep you posted any time we go.

Sponsored

JocoRubicon

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
heading to Uwharrie in the morning, pretty much last minute trip organized through a local Facebook group. As a completely off chance, is anyone heading out there in the morning? We are planning to be at the Eldorado Outpost by 10am, perhaps earlier depending on stops.

foxswimmer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '04 Mazda3, '13 Sienna (because kids)
Made it out yesterday, no issues even with the stock Sport. Line was loooooong getting in but once in, there is so much room once you are through the gate that it never felt packed. Normal non-4WD access beaches were packed. Parking lots were overfilled and people were parking along the streets. So glad didn't have to deal with any of that, plus the added benefit of packing and unpacking right next to your spot on the beach.

Also, the Park started handing out hard passes yesterday for the season, they had my name already from when I purchased my online season pass. My wife stood in the short line to pickup the pass and code while I aired down and I had only one tire done by the time she came back, so they are quick. I would still bring your receipt just in case if you head out in the next week.
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call 2E0B8287-C5C7-40AB-BA42-72753DEC79D2
Thinking of hitting Fort Fisher sometime in the next month for a day trip to the beach. It'll be our first time driving on the sand.

Perhaps a silly question about the restroom situation. I'll be with my wife and three young kids (10, 10, and 8). I assume that if ... um ... a solid emergency arises that requires restroom facilities, you just jump back in the Jeep and drive to the main beach access entrance and use the facilities there?

I want to drive far enough down the beach to have some space to ourselves, but also don't want to have too many inconvenient runs back to the restrooms.

How has everyone else handled being on the beach (potentially) all day with young kids.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Thinking of hitting Fort Fisher sometime in the next month for a day trip to the beach. It'll be our first time driving on the sand.

Perhaps a silly question about the restroom situation. I'll be with my wife and three young kids (10, 10, and 8). I assume that if ... um ... a solid emergency arises that requires restroom facilities, you just jump back in the Jeep and drive to the main beach access entrance and use the facilities there?

I want to drive far enough down the beach to have some space to ourselves, but also don't want to have too many inconvenient runs back to the restrooms.

How has everyone else handled being on the beach (potentially) all day with young kids.
Well, you could go out in the water and “relieve” yourself that way. Granted not sure that’ll work if you have to do the old number 2. :CWL:
Sponsored