Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
If people want to know what a stock Rubicon can do - with the right driver - they need to read this:

Jeepin' the Dream
Best comment on Shawn's video is when he is getting ready to go up Hell's Gate and he said "Lockers locked, sway bar disconnected, shit myself, let's go."
Sponsored

stormymk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Firecracker Red
Vehicle Showcase
You’ll be fine. Your Jeep is more capable than mine. Message me if you are interested.
What time are you going, and how long do you plan on being there? I just got a message that I have family coming into town the following morning.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
What time are you going, and how long do you plan on being there? I just got a message that I have family coming into town the following morning.
Guys are coming in at different times. I'd say between 10am-2pm. I'll probably be there around 2pm. Would guess most will leave between 5pm-8pm.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The nice thing about Uwharie is you can peel off the trails onto the entry road at multiple points. So if you decide you are done you're only ever like 20 mins from being able to get off the trail.

Sponsored

cschlosser01

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Automotive Technician
I also went to Uwharrie last Saturday. I went on the wolf den and falls dam trail and spent a lot of time bottoming out on the "speed bumps". So I am thinking I will need a lift before I go back. I am looking at the Rough Country 2.5 lift. just wondering if it would be better to go with the spacer lift or the spring lift and why?

Resized_20200613_111022.jpeg

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I also went to Uwharrie last Saturday. I went on the wolf den and falls dam trail and spent a lot of time bottoming out on the "speed bumps". So I am thinking I will need a lift before I go back. I am looking at the Rough Country 2.5 lift. just wondering if it would be better to go with the spacer lift or the spring lift and why?
I used to have that lift and all I can say is always go for a full spring lift over a spacer lift if you can afford it. Feel free to PM and I'll give you my cell and you can call. Too much to type out and I've typed it out more than enough already... lol.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call Resized_20200613_111022
A Rubicon takeoff is just about perfect for Uwharrie. Most of the humps won't be a problem after that, but you'll still rub the top of a few of them.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone want to venture a guess where this "vast off-roading park in North Carolina" is?

https://www.caranddriver.com/review...eep-wrangler-rubicon-vs-2020-toyota-rav4-trd/
Ummm... I think he might be embellishing a bit... lol...

And where we're going—a vast off-roading park in North Carolina—anything can get stuck. There's thick mud that'll pull the boots off your feet, whooped-up Mint 400 high-speed sections, steep climbs, and sharp break-overs. Ever see a silodrome, one of those circular stunt tracks on vertical walls? Imagine one made out of sand. Back off the throttle and it's like tossing your crossover to the sarlacc from Return of the Jedi.
Sponsored

Last edited: