Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
From: https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/nfsnc/news-events/?cid=FSEPRD716360

National Forests in North Carolina temporarily shuts down OHV trail systems

Asheville, NC, March 26, 2020 - The National Forests in North Carolina Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) trail systems will be temporarily shut down until May 15, at which time the situation will be reevaluated. This applies to the following OHV areas:

• Croatan National Forest - Black Swamp OHV Area
  • Uwharrie National Forest - Badin Lake OHV Area
  • Pisgah National Forest - Brown Mountain OHV Area
  • Nantahala National Forest - Wayehutta OHV Area
These actions are consistent with federal and state health and safety direction to help reduce the impact on emergency responders and limit the spread of COVID-19. Use of the OHV trails strains emergency resources, especially search and rescue crews, at a time when the resources are already limited within the local communities.

As we work through an unpredictable and rapidly changing situation, health and safety is our number one priority. We are committed to continuing to support our communities and fulfill our mission as we all work together to minimize the impacts and spread of COVID-19.

For an updated list of forest closures please visit our Alerts and Notices website at https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/nfsnc/news-events/?cid=FSEPRD715959.
Alec I'll take "Noooooooooooo!!!!!" for $1200 please.
Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I got the Mrs. Jeep (Mud Muffin) and Fat Ninja naked this AM for a ride. Her build is finally "complete" with the install of a Besttop Trek top last night.
IMG_3336.jpg
IMG_3335.jpg

Last edited:

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Just got back from a Jeep run with 50 Jeeps in Holy Springs and Fuquay-Varina. We drove by some nursing homes and senior living apartments flying flags and waving to cheer them up. Never did a run before, it was short but fun and then we had to disperse because of shut down but still worth it.
Here's a crappy pic from my dumbphone. I'm sure there are better ones on SM, I believe Infidel Jeepers organized it.

200328_0001.jpg

Sponsored

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp, 2014 X5 35d, 2020 JLR 6sp
Man, the Jeep ride you all did was a cool thing to do; I'm betting those folks will be talking about it for some time. From your 1983 flip phone terrible camera pic, there were some great looking rigs. If you get better shots form anyone, please post.

I know it was a ton of work (and money), but Mud Muffin really turn out spectacular! She has to be happy with her sweet ride! Super aggressive looking...it's Bad A$$!

Though...I think she should consider 38's....I'll mention that to her next time I see you all :like:

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Man, the Jeep ride you all did was a cool thing to do; I'm betting those folks will be talking about it for some time. From your 1983 flip phone terrible camera pic, there were some great looking rigs. If you get better shots form anyone, please post.

I know it was a ton of work (and money), but Mud Muffin really turn out spectacular! She has to be happy with her sweet ride! Super aggressive looking...it's Bad A$$!

Though...I think she should consider 38's....I'll mention that to her next time I see you all :like:
So help me if you stir the tire pot I'll punch you in the face. ;)

Thanks for the compliments on her rig. She is very happy with the outcome, the only thing she is kicking around is color. She is wanting to break up the black by painting the beadlocks, she mentioned hot pink which would look pretty cool but this is a new day and I'm sure that will change... lol.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp, 2014 X5 35d, 2020 JLR 6sp

stormymk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Firecracker Red
Vehicle Showcase
Just got back from a Jeep run with 50 Jeeps in Holy Springs and Fuquay-Varina. We drove by some nursing homes and senior living apartments flying flags and waving to cheer them up. Never did a run before, it was short but fun and then we had to disperse because of shut down but still worth it.
Here's a crappy pic from my dumbphone. I'm sure there are better ones on SM, I believe Infidel Jeepers organized it.

200328_0001.jpg
We were there too! If it were different times we would have been able to meet.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Went on another Jeep run for a good cause this past Saturday. Sadly only 9 Jeeps came out and even sadder is that the run is for a 9 year old boy, Jack, with terminal brain disease. He's in a state of decline but still able to function, talk, etc...
He was soooooo excited to see all of the Jeeps and thought the name "Fat Ninja" was the funniest thing in the world. He could barely say good bye to me and Fat Ninja without cracking up. So my brain got to working (it's rare but stand back when it does)... I'm going to get a hood sticker made for his little Jeep and it will say "Fat Ninja II". I'm going to contact Dan at @pixeldecals today regarding it. Shout out to pixeldecals since he makes some high quality stuff.
I also reached out to Wendell at Elevation Decals, the guys who make the Hell's Revenge, Ophir Pass and all of those other oval stickers we have. He is going to hook me up with some stickers he has that have Jeeps on them.

So I figured I'd ask everyone here... @mic.rempel @ThirtyOne @GhostDivers @melendez69 @chevymitchell @UNC Rubicon @ChattVol @Sean L @FRANTIC and ANYONE else...
If you guys have any cool stickers or Jeep bling or anything Jeep related that you would like to donate let me know. I'm going to put a care package together for Jack and send it to him when the stickers get here. PM or text me for my address if you have anything and feel free to share this with whoever.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
How are y'all liking the trektop?
She loves it and loves the look too. I like the sunrider position and the fact that it's a bikini top when stripped down but I'm not a huge fan of the fastback for my Jeep or the screwing around with a back plastic window. I prefer hard top and then just a simple bikini top if going topless.
BUT it's her Jeep and she loves it :)

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
She loves it and loves the look too. I like the sunrider position and the fact that it's a bikini top when stripped down but I'm not a huge fan of the fastback for my Jeep or the screwing around with a back plastic window. I prefer hard top and then just a simple bikini top if going topless.
BUT it's her Jeep and she loves it :)
Awesome. I couldn't wait to get it back on mine when it warmed up enough.
Sponsored