Sponsored

North Carolina Roll Call

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Getting the alignment done Tuesday afternoon at CDT. Would love to see what type of flex I get and confirm how many bump stops are needed for the Metal Cloak lift.

Great pics!
Sponsored

setaonaes

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Manufacturing Manager
Hello all. Joined the forum after purchasing my 2020 JLUR. Was reading about side steps and rock sliders on another thread and ran across this thread. Wanted to introduce myself. I am in Burlington and this is the first Jeep I have ever owned and looking to learn a bunch about them. This is me day one, had to take it through some mud. :) 2nd picture is after I had it lifted with new shoes. Now to take some time and read through these 187 pages?!?!
138.jpg

137.jpg

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all. Joined the forum after purchasing my 2020 JLUR. Was reading about side steps and rock sliders on another thread and ran across this thread. Wanted to introduce myself. I am in Burlington and this is the first Jeep I have ever owned and looking to learn a bunch about them. This is me day one, had to take it through some mud. :) 2nd picture is after I had it lifted with new shoes. Now to take some time and read through these 187 pages?!?!
138.jpg

137.jpg
Welcome aboard!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
138.jpg

137.jpg
Welcome. Lots of great guys here in NC. Some of us were planning to meet up when Uwharrie opened up but I’m thinking it’s not gonna happen now

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome. Lots of great guys here in NC. Some of us were planning to meet up when Uwharrie opened up but I’m thinking it’s not gonna happen now
If Uwharie will be open and we are not in a lock down we will be there.

Sponsored

mic.rempel

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2018 Grand Cherokee
138.jpg

137.jpg
Congrats and welcome to the thread! Lots of great people here.

Nice Jeep, get ready for an experience unlike any other!

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The Mrs. birthday is today, she calls me and says there is a package on the front porch from UPS.
Me -Don't look at it.
Her - It's big and it's kind of hard not to it's right in front of the window.
Me -Do you know what it is?
Her -It says 'Hooker' on the box.
Me - Well I didn't get you a hooker.
Her -Well the only thing hooker we talked about lately is a muffler.
Me -Just leave it alone.
Well I guess the cat is out of the bag now.
Not only is my wife into Jeeps, she let's me have hookers on our front porch.

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp, 2014 X5 35d, 2020 JLR 6sp
@mgroeger , the pics at Lake Jordan really show off two awesome rigs! All your wrenching on your wife's is paying off big time...maybe you and @chevymitchell need to open a garage soon!

BTW, nice ingenuity on the sleeping arrangement...you're kind of like MacGyver! Well, sort of a less famous brother version ;)

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp, 2014 X5 35d, 2020 JLR 6sp
@GhostDivers has a wife and kid he always drags along and they are tolerated pretty well out on the trails ;)

Bring them at least once, let them see if they love it or it bores them and then use that as to whether you become a soloist or a family man.

What's the Sapphire area? Never heard of it. There aren't many places around, I mean there are the power lines in Morrisville and some trails off of Page Rd. out near Durham. Windrock is 6 hours away over in TN and there is Hurricane Creek over in Waynesville 4.5 hours away. Big Creek which is private land near Uwharie is open I think but they are under new ownership and will be renaming soon.
I HIGHLY recommend a winch if you are going to get into off roading seriously and also building yourself a good off road kit.

Walkie Talkies - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B019RIOZVK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Tow strap
Tools
Gloves
Small air compressor for airing back up
Stuff like this so when you do get in a pinch you can get yourself out.

Totally agree! One or both of my girls have been on almost every adventure! Spending time with your family is the best way to spend time...doing so in a Jeep...only makes it better!

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
@mgroeger , the pics at Lake Jordan really show off two awesome rigs! All your wrenching on your wife's is paying off big time...maybe you and @chevymitchell need to open a garage soon!

BTW, nice ingenuity on the sleeping arrangement...you're kind of like MacGyver! Well, sort of a less famous brother version ;)
Thanks! It's been a great learning experience too. You couldn't pay me to own another small business... lol.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Last night I did a butt tuck on the Mrs. Jeep. Wow is it a much cleaner look and massive clearance gains for the rear. We nailed the muffler a few times wheeling so this is a win win for her Jeep. Also installed the rear Road Armor fenders last weekend. Trimmed and kept the factory liners for now, not too bad, just a small gap at the top since the liners don't truly follow the arch of the wheel well.

IMG_3315.jpg
IMG_3314.jpg
IMG_3313.jpg
IMG_3312.jpg
IMG_3311.jpg
IMG_3310.jpg
IMG_3309.jpg

Last edited:

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah...that's because you've moved on to hookers!

This scene soo much reminds me of you!

OK, for the most part... lol. I don't go around asking to see women's breasts. However I have been known to annoy the Mrs. with that request.

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
From: https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/nfsnc/news-events/?cid=FSEPRD716360

National Forests in North Carolina temporarily shuts down OHV trail systems

Asheville, NC, March 26, 2020 - The National Forests in North Carolina Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) trail systems will be temporarily shut down until May 15, at which time the situation will be reevaluated. This applies to the following OHV areas:

• Croatan National Forest - Black Swamp OHV Area
  • Uwharrie National Forest - Badin Lake OHV Area
  • Pisgah National Forest - Brown Mountain OHV Area
  • Nantahala National Forest - Wayehutta OHV Area
These actions are consistent with federal and state health and safety direction to help reduce the impact on emergency responders and limit the spread of COVID-19. Use of the OHV trails strains emergency resources, especially search and rescue crews, at a time when the resources are already limited within the local communities.

As we work through an unpredictable and rapidly changing situation, health and safety is our number one priority. We are committed to continuing to support our communities and fulfill our mission as we all work together to minimize the impacts and spread of COVID-19.

For an updated list of forest closures please visit our Alerts and Notices website at https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/nfsnc/news-events/?cid=FSEPRD715959.
Sponsored