Last Mango

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Howdy NC brothers and sisters!

I have an itch that I have to scratch and am selling my current tire/wheel setup. Hit me up if interested.

Local pick-up in High Point, NC. These complete tires/wheels come with TPMS and have less than 5,000 miles on them. Bought custom wheels and upgrading to KM3's this coming weekend. Never offroad or wheeled. These are not the original 33 inch tire, they are just under 35 inches and fit a stock Rubicon perfectly. My loss...your gain. Asking $1250 for all 5. Will throw in locking lug nuts for each wheel. PM me for pics but these tires are in super shape! Available Sunday, February 3rd.

Kent

z5.jpg

z6.jpg
If you were in the Orlando area, I'd buy those.
Sponsored

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp, 2014 X5 35d, 2020 JLR 6sp
Iā€™ve already been bugging @chevymitchell ā€¦and will no doubt continue to look for his input. Iā€™m lining up my options to one dayā€¦hopefully sooner than laterā€¦put some larger tires and a lift on the Jeep.

Below is where Iā€™m at now and if you have thoughts/opinions, please let me know. Most of you have much more experience with Jeepā€™s than I do and I value your input.

To get started, I think I need to bite the bullet and get the tires. I like RWL which limits options. 315ā€™s STT Pros have great reviews and what Iā€™ll most likely go with, but Iā€™m a little leery of the E rating impact on the ride. Any thoughts there? Iā€™m waiting a bit to see what sales may come up and Cooper normally runs some type of rebate late winter/early spring. Yes, 37's call to me but I'm not sure my wallet can answer.

For now, Iā€™ll be keeping the stock rims, which I like. I havenā€™t found any options Iā€™m totally sold on that donā€™t weight a lotā€¦i.e. the Borahā€™s. Those are pushing 40lbs!

Dynatrac 2ā€ lift w/ the Fox shocks is the one Iā€™m eyeing. Teraflex & RK kept popping up on my radar and even the Rancho w/9000ā€™s for a bit, but with the Dynatracā€™s small lifts apparent ride quality and not giving the roller skate look is what Iā€™m finding most appealing right now.

As Shawn confirmed, Iā€™m gonna want LCAā€™s. Iā€™m thinking about the Teraflex Alpineā€™s; thoughts?

Let me know if Iā€™m smoknā€™ the crack pipe on any of thisā€¦

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m running 31570/17 BFG KO2s on my JLUR. I intend to wear these out and then go up to 37s. Iā€™ve been leaning towards Metalcloak. Much like you, my wallet couldnā€™t handle a lift and 37s out of the gate. If youā€™re not planning on 37s right away, thereā€™s really no need for a lift. You could always save your money and do everything at once.

Shawn just started running 37x12.50 STT Pros. I donā€™t want to speak too much for him but heā€™s said the Coopers are harsher and louder than the KO2s - all to be expected. The question is, how much will it bother you?

Heā€™s a huge Teraflex fan and Iā€™m interested to see how their kits perform. Iā€™ll let him be the guinea pig and then Iā€™ll decide what I want to do.

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m running 31570/17 BFG KO2s on my JLUR. I intend to wear these out and then go up to 37s. Iā€™ve been leaning towards Metalcloak. Much like you, my wallet couldnā€™t handle a lift and 37s out of the gate. If youā€™re not planning on 37s right away, thereā€™s really no need for a lift. You could always save your money and do everything at once.

Shawn just started running 37x12.50 STT Pros. I donā€™t want to speak too much for him but heā€™s said the Coopers are harsher and louder than the KO2s - all to be expected. The question is, how much will it bother you?

Heā€™s a huge Teraflex fan and Iā€™m interested to see how their kits perform. Iā€™ll let him be the guinea pig and then Iā€™ll decide what I want to do.
LOL, let him be the Guinea pigā€¦thatā€™s awesome! And smart!

Youā€™ve given some really sage advice for sure. Will it bother me/what I can live with is the real question ā€“ I know that stock, the JLUR is more than enough. Iā€™ve only done like 5 trail trips since I picked it up in late Aug. and there is zero doubt Iā€™m the limiting factor. Iā€™ve yet to run a trail that wasnā€™t wet and muddy and the KO2ā€™s have done great. You and Shawn (and Sean) have run more trails and muddier trailsā€¦have you had any issues with the KO2ā€™s in that environment?

Metalcloak is really impressive, pricey, but impressive. Most likely out of my league. Teraflex also has an excellent reputation and Iā€™m pretty sure heā€™ll be extremely pleased. The only down side Iā€™ve seen are a bunch of folks noting that the progressive/dual/triple rate springs are much firmer. That may or may not be a bad thing.

What holds me back on 37ā€™s is the two big ticket items that come with that size: rear tire carrier or a new bumper/carrier (Expedition One Trails Series 2 looks awesome, but is ~$1,600ā€¦even basic tailgate jobs youā€™ve got $700+) and the cost to re-gear. Effectively doubling the cost of going with 35ā€™s. Well, that and $400 or so more for 37ā€™s. Milestarā€™s would cut that down, but Iā€™m not sold on those yet.

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
We were looking to go to Patriot Mtn. over Thanksgiving, but I think theyā€™re only open on weekends and the plans didnā€™t play out. From the little bit I could find, it looks like a fun place.

I know you know about Brown Mtn. right around there, but thereā€™s really only the one trail (I think itā€™s about 8 miles). For a $5 pass, we were going to check it out, but it was pouring rain with a little snow/sleet that day so I bailed. Yeah, I knowā€¦weak..

Please take some pics and/or video to share
Do they have green and blue trails similar to Uwharrie? I like to wheel but don't want to damage my stock Rubicon. I have no upgrade plans for lift, wheels or tire size.

Sponsored

OP
OP
chevymitchell

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Do they have green and blue trails similar to Uwharrie? I like to wheel but don't want to damage my stock Rubicon. I have no upgrade plans for lift, wheels or tire size.
Iā€™m not really sure. Iā€™ve never been to this park, but your stock Rubi will be good to go. I took mine stock through some sh*t and it did great. Itā€™s be a good opportunity to get her dirty. :)

OP
OP
chevymitchell

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Iā€™m not really sure. Iā€™ve never been to this park, but your stock Rubi will be good to go. I took mine stock through some sh*t and it did great. Itā€™s be a good opportunity to get her dirty. :)
I hate mud, by the way, but still a little is ok. Lol

MojitoSahara

First Name
Dustyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara, 2012 Acura TL, 2016 F150 SCREW, 2016 JKU Rubi
Occupation
CNC Machinist -> Curtiss-Wright
FE1C455E-1C88-467F-966D-89FF95DA5595.jpeg
F9199E8F-2A90-4FD1-9497-7EFB93978964.jpeg
CD0DF361-6DD0-47A9-8ADF-E438A81D60DF.jpeg

First image is the day we got our mojito Sahara from the Gastonia Jeep dealer a few months back. Just put on the RC 2.5 lift until we regear and get something more off road worthy. Still a good budget friendly lift for anyone looking for added height, rides pretty decent. 35ā€ fuel MT grippers (weā€™ll see how they hold up), and 20ā€ fuel assault rims, really wanted some rubi take offs but the wife wanted flashy. Overall really happy with it so far. 3.45ā€™s are OK with the bigger tires, 6 speed, so 1-4 are pretty much it. Upper Cleveland County Jeeper here.

MojitoSahara

First Name
Dustyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Iā€™ve already been bugging @chevymitchell ā€¦and will no doubt continue to look for his input. Iā€™m lining up my options to one dayā€¦hopefully sooner than laterā€¦put some larger tires and a lift on the Jeep.

Below is where Iā€™m at now and if you have thoughts/opinions, please let me know. Most of you have much more experience with Jeepā€™s than I do and I value your input.

To get started, I think I need to bite the bullet and get the tires. I like RWL which limits options. 315ā€™s STT Pros have great reviews and what Iā€™ll most likely go with, but Iā€™m a little leery of the E rating impact on the ride. Any thoughts there? Iā€™m waiting a bit to see what sales may come up and Cooper normally runs some type of rebate late winter/early spring. Yes, 37's call to me but I'm not sure my wallet can answer.

For now, Iā€™ll be keeping the stock rims, which I like. I havenā€™t found any options Iā€™m totally sold on that donā€™t weight a lotā€¦i.e. the Borahā€™s. Those are pushing 40lbs!

Dynatrac 2ā€ lift w/ the Fox shocks is the one Iā€™m eyeing. Teraflex & RK kept popping up on my radar and even the Rancho w/9000ā€™s for a bit, but with the Dynatracā€™s small lifts apparent ride quality and not giving the roller skate look is what Iā€™m finding most appealing right now.

As Shawn confirmed, Iā€™m gonna want LCAā€™s. Iā€™m thinking about the Teraflex Alpineā€™s; thoughts?

Let me know if Iā€™m smoknā€™ the crack pipe on any of thisā€¦
The Cooperā€™s are really a great riding tire to be honest. Even E load range you probably wonā€™t feel much a difference. Just my opinion though.

MojitoSahara

First Name
Dustyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The Cooperā€™s are really a great riding tire to be honest. Even E load range you probably wonā€™t feel much a difference. Just my opinion though.
From D load range tires I mean.

Sponsored

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FE1C455E-1C88-467F-966D-89FF95DA5595.jpeg
F9199E8F-2A90-4FD1-9497-7EFB93978964.jpeg
CD0DF361-6DD0-47A9-8ADF-E438A81D60DF.jpeg

First image is the day we got our mojito Sahara from the Gastonia Jeep dealer a few months back. Just put on the RC 2.5 lift until we regear and get something more off road worthy. Still a good budget friendly lift for anyone looking for added height, rides pretty decent. 35ā€ fuel MT grippers (weā€™ll see how they hold up), and 20ā€ fuel assault rims, really wanted some rubi take offs but the wife wanted flashy. Overall really happy with it so far. 3.45ā€™s are OK with the bigger tires, 6 speed, so 1-4 are pretty much it. Upper Cleveland County Jeeper here.
So let me get this straight. First your wife tells you not to do any more mods to your JK, but instead pushes you to get a JL. Then she says, nope, if you're going to get new rims and wheels, go for a better than stock upgrade....you need to hold on to her and thank the Lord everyday!

Of course, thanking the Lord each day is a good move regardless... :)

MojitoSahara

First Name
Dustyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So let me get this straight. First your wife tells you not to do any more mods to your JK, but instead pushes you to get a JL. Then she says, nope, if you're going to get new rims and wheels, go for a better than stock upgrade....you need to hold on to her and thank the Lord everyday!

Of course, thanking the Lord each day is a good move regardless... :)
Haha exactly!!

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've not been there yet, but the little I found on it, it looks like a blast and the folks that run it seem like good people. Here is a video I came across:

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I've not been there yet, but the little I found on it, it looks like a blast and the folks that run it seem like good people. Here is a video I came across:
From the videos and pictures, it looks pretty tame. Only a couple places with rocks. I think itā€™s going to be a little sloppy this weekend from the snow melt.

I talked to the owner yesterday and he said the only place I may have an issue is on one steep hill climb (since Iā€™m on KO2s).
Sponsored