First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
I've done 9 or 10 JJ's. A friend of mine comes out to run the Uwharrie one each year from Jeep. Going to the JJ at Uwharrie isn't worth it. Spend the money to go to more technical parks or places with them. You'll really get a sense of what they're for. I do the JJ for the community networking. Having guides there is a bonus, for sure. Out of all the ones I've been to, I would not do the JJ again at Uwharrie or Ouray, CO. Both of those places are more enjoyable with just a few Jeeps working at your own pace. My favorites so far have been the Rubicon and SMORR. If you base your JJ experience on Uwharrie, you'll be disappointed and it won't be the JJ's fault. Uwharrie just doesn't have much to offer for Jeepers, in general, other than being a great local bang around spot to test new parts and escape for a day or two.
Sponsored

OP
OP
chevymitchell

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
I've done 9 or 10 JJ's. A friend of mine comes out to run the Uwharrie one each year from Jeep. Going to the JJ at Uwharrie isn't worth it. Spend the money to go to more technical parks or places with them. You'll really get a sense of what they're for. I do the JJ for the community networking. Having guides there is a bonus, for sure. Out of all the ones I've been to, I would not do the JJ again at Uwharrie or Ouray, CO. Both of those places are more enjoyable with just a few Jeeps working at your own pace. My favorites so far have been the Rubicon and SMORR. If you base your JJ experience on Uwharrie, you'll be disappointed and it won't be the JJ's fault. Uwharrie just doesn't have much to offer for Jeepers, in general, other than being a great local bang around spot to test new parts and escape for a day or two.
I'd like to follow this up with the following: If you haven't been to one and can afford the cost of it, by all means go to the Uwharrie Jamboree. The community the JJ attracts is exactly what we all love about this sport. They will guide you through the trails you may be leery of attempting by yourself or even as a small group of friends. Access to The Farm side of the trails (private area) is fun, but there is really one or two real technical obstacles over there. As true with all of Eastern wheeling, rain and mud make the difficulty twice as hard if not impossible. If it's a dry Jamboree, then anyone will be OK.

Everything at Uwharrie can be accomplished in a stock Rubicon. With that said, the limitation is almost always the driver. To up your driver confidence and skillset, the JJ is great for that. It will allow you to push through any walls or limitations you think you might have behind the wheel.

The camping and food is usually alright down there. They use the field opposite the Outpost for this.

I say it's not worth it from my perspective and general opinion, but there is a ton of value in going. I felt like my initial post would cause people to think twice about going, so I wanted to also share that I feel there's value in the JJ's and the networking is worth going by itself.

They are getting increasingly more expensive and that's where most people get hung up. I do agree they are pricey, but that price is objectively justified based on your experience, Jeep build, and location of the JJ. Do it once, but don't let Uwharrie be your main metric for an opinion. Try 3-4 JJ's at different locations first.

link3721

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon 4xe High Velocity
Hey all, I'm Tom. Live in Winston Salem, just got my first Wrangler back in September and was able to take it down to Uwharrie last November before it closed for the season and immediately did Dickey Bell. So much fun! Would definitely be up for a meet-up there once it reopens.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all, I'm Tom. Live in Winston Salem, just got my first Wrangler back in September and was able to take it down to Uwharrie last November before it closed for the season and immediately did Dickey Bell. So much fun! Would definitely be up for a meet-up there once it reopens.
I'm in Winston too, right on the edge of town a stones throw away from Kernersville. There are a few in here right in Kernersville as well.

Will love to have a meetup in URE soon!

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
Got mine the weekend before Uwharrie closed and headed right out as well lol. Looking forward to it opening back up and getting a group together!

Sponsored

NChap89

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Looking forward to Uwharrie opening in a couple months. Happy to exchange contact info & set up a Uwharrie “group chat” to plan outings.

TheAmericanB

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR XR
Looking forward to Uwharrie opening in a couple months. Happy to exchange contact info & set up a Uwharrie “group chat” to plan outings.
Building on this, would love to connect with folks that would be interested in some small group outings to Uwharrie or anywhere else around (I’m in Charlotte). Have had a few Jeeps in the past but I just got my current rig in September and it’s my first in NC so I haven’t had much of a chance to get out and explore locally. Would love to meet some friends and explore some spots!

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Anyone else doing EJS this year?

Ran4

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Building on this, would love to connect with folks that would be interested in some small group outings to Uwharrie or anywhere else around (I’m in Charlotte). Have had a few Jeeps in the past but I just got my current rig in September and it’s my first in NC so I haven’t had much of a chance to get out and explore locally. Would love to meet some friends and explore some spots!
I'm in Charlotte too, and I know a few other Jeepers from our area. I don't do Uwharrie much (maybe 2 or 3 times per year), but we do occasionally plan outings to places in TN, GA, SC, etc.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Also in Charlotte.

Needed a break from the trailer build today, ran up to Hurricane Creek, gonna crash at the Asheville KOA and probably hit Brown Mountain tomorrow on the way home if it’s open.

E0051828-07AA-489C-9819-7CB3CF21C545.jpeg

9A96677A-B130-40C1-9087-0A95533411EB.jpeg

823F1584-A3AE-4E7F-92A9-CB3B36C37D8B.jpeg

3CB6531E-B3AC-4E86-9639-AB10B0227252.jpeg

Sponsored

TheAmericanB

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR XR
I'm in Charlotte too, and I know a few other Jeepers from our area. I don't do Uwharrie much (maybe 2 or 3 times per year), but we do occasionally plan outings to places in TN, GA, SC, etc.
That’s awesome, I’ll wheel anywhere, just trying to get out there more and explore the surrounding area better.

MerPinXEss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 4xe JLU
Did hurricane 2 weeks ago, then went across 40 at the next exit and up to buzzards roost. There look like a few places you can get off the dirt road for obstacles, but really we just went up to tower rd then back down to the hydro dam at nc-tn line, road less traveled, all dirt no obstacles.
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call 75681AAE-4F8A-439E-B6B3-56A611CFB2A1

We’re at coast this weekend then back to Windrock early next month. Always looking for some good people to wheel with. We are now booked through end of may, pm here or connect Facebook for groups were headed out with.

Last edited: