First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
I wanna thank everyone for the advice given. My trip was very nice.

Special thanks to the gentleman at Haywood 209 Cafe with the Red JL that told me about Goat Trail. Super fun!
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
What time are you thinking of going and would you be opposed to wheeling with a Uwharrie noob?
We're pulling a camper there tonight and staying in Uwharrie. We're not really early risers, but probably get going on the trails around 9ish.

This will be our first Uwharrie trip, so you'd be in good newb company.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Well it's been 2 years of owning Fat Ninja and they have been a blast but the time has come to part ways. Within the next week I will be selling him to a dealer who made an offer I can't refuse and moving on to our next Jeep. The biggest reason is the obstacles we are now doing are becoming ever more challenging and difficult and the manual transmission adds an unnecessary level of complexity. Stalling out on a small obstacle is no big deal but stalling on these massive rocks where you are off camber or near a cliff edge can quickly put you in a position of serious damage occurring under the right circumstances. That coupled with we are currently a one Jeep family and the Mrs. can't drive stick really well points us to the sale of the Ninj.

Goodbye my friend, I will miss you.

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call IMG_9465

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call 655B498E-E0A6-43B9-876B-2803E17C781B.JPG

Hello new Jeep...

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call 1637344756167

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call 1637344799400

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
Don't lie, you just wanted to complain again about those milestar tires :CWL:

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Don't lie, you just wanted to complain again about those milestar tires :CWL:
Oh they will be going bye bye almost immediately... lol. Current owner is sponsored by them but I ain't.

• Haha
Reactions: eck

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Well it's been 2 years of owning Fat Ninja and they have been a blast but the time has come to part ways. Within the next week I will be selling him to a dealer who made an offer I can't refuse and moving on to our next Jeep.
Do you surrender your pets to the pound too?

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Do you surrender your pets to the pound too?
I do. Unlike SOME people who I suspect would just simply drive 45 mins away and let them loose in the woods. You know the kind of people... the ones that take nice, well built Jeeps and run them through stop signs. Those people... the same ones that drop their pets off in the woods and drown kittens in garbage bags.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I do. Unlike SOME people who I suspect would just simply drive 45 mins away and let them loose in the woods. You know the kind of people... the ones that take nice, well built Jeeps and run them through stop signs. Those people... the same ones that drop there pets off in the woods and drown kittens in garbage bags.
I literally LOLd at this.

OP
OP
chevymitchell

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Well it's been 2 years of owning Fat Ninja and they have been a blast but the time has come to part ways. Within the next week I will be selling him to a dealer who made an offer I can't refuse and moving on to our next Jeep. The biggest reason is the obstacles we are now doing are becoming ever more challenging and difficult and the manual transmission adds an unnecessary level of complexity. Stalling out on a small obstacle is no big deal but stalling on these massive rocks where you are off camber or near a cliff edge can quickly put you in a position of serious damage occurring under the right circumstances. That coupled with we are currently a one Jeep family and the Mrs. can't drive stick really well points us to the sale of the Ninj.

Goodbye my friend, I will miss you.

Hello new Jeep...

It was just time to move on. Fat Ninja will die alone and forgotten. It's ok. I don't blame you. Lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
chevymitchell

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
I do. Unlike SOME people who I suspect would just simply drive 45 mins away and let them loose in the woods. You know the kind of people... the ones that take nice, well built Jeeps and run them through stop signs. Those people... the same ones that drop their pets off in the woods and drown kittens in garbage bags.
I have some logistical questions regarding the cats, trash bags, and drowning...

I would assume you fill the bag up with water before adding the cat and sealing closed OR you put the cat in the bag and throw it into water with the bag open assuming it dies whilst still in the bag OR does it suffocate in a closed bag whilst floating in water...?

Edit: I assume said cat is declawed or do you double bag for puncture resistance?

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I have some logistical questions regarding the cats, trash bags, and drowning...

I would assume you fill the bag up with water before adding the cat and sealing closed OR you put the cat in the bag and throw it into water with the bag open assuming it dies whilst still in the bag OR does it suffocate in a closed bag whilst floating in water...?

Edit: I assume said cat is declawed or do you double bag for puncture resistance?
Well from what I have HEARD (no personal experience in the matter but I believe @UNC Rubicon does) you put the cat in an empty bag and then weigh it down before tossing it in the water. The pressure from the water on the bag compresses it around the cat making a perfect seal against the cat and ultimately causing it's suffocation and death. Claws are a non issue since this happens so quickly they don't have time to cut their way out of said bag.

My suspicion is a certain person was documenting this say... via text... while they blew through a certain stop sign resulting in the birth of Pain Train, but I can't be sure.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It was just time to move on. Fat Ninja will die alone and forgotten. It's ok. I don't blame you. Lol
LOL, yeah I've been meaning to call you. Running Prichett resulted in an in depth conversation of where we want our wheeling to head and the decision was made.