First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Well well well I see Dick Tracey is on the case and spotted something. You get the gold star for today... lol. I decided having two tail lights just wasn't cool anymore so one of the rock on the trail was more than happy to make that mod for me. Currently it is duct taped to the Jeep for legal reasons and will get repaired this week.
@chevymitchell: He’s waiting on you to come out there and fix it for him, haha.
Sponsored

TurqJeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hello everybody,

My name is Nick, and my Wife and I are headed to the Triangle area from Denver CO. Although we have loved Denver, we want to be closer to family and we are moving to Cary. I look forward to all that NC has to offer, and meeting some of you all!

The Jeep is a sarge green JLU sport with rubicon takeoff suspension and wheels/tires. Also a recently purchased soft top for all the rapidly changing NC weather! We like doing anything outdoors and like moderate level offroading.

1617932638373.png
1617932746387.png
Welcome, Nick! I'm Dan, just over in Durham. I recently got a 2019 JLUR and definitely looking for some ways to use it here in NC. From what I've seen on Where2Wheel, Uwharrie is the best place - coincidentally that's where I'm from. And it seems like there are some fun beach places in OBX, and then maybe further up in the Appalachians. If you run across any fun offroad places on the easier side around the triangle area, I'd love to try them out one day. I'll keep you in the loop if I find anything as well.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
We are pulling together a group to go out on Sunday at UWharrie. PM me if anyone is interested and I will add you to the text group.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
We are pulling together a group to go out on Sunday at UWharrie. PM me if anyone is interested and I will add you to the text group.
Sorry, I'm going to be out of town.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Only Jeeps with 2 taillights are invited.
Wow never pegged you for a discriminator but I see your true colors now. BTW, it's temporarily duct taped on :P

Jeepneck

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepnecks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2005 Wrangler Unlimited (LJ)
Occupation
Real Estate Professional
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know of any good trails near the Triad? I want to build up experience with my Jeep before going to Uwharrie.
Trails in the Triad? Please do tell if anyone knows of any besides Uwharrie. I've taken mine a few places out in the country where I knew no one was watching lol but that's about it.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Trails in the Triad? Please do tell if anyone knows of any besides Uwharrie. I've taken mine a few places out in the country where I knew no one was watching lol but that's about it.
none.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Beat me to it... :punch:

Unfortunately anywhere I found is State land and you can get a fine if you wheel there. Uwharrie is the best place to go. You won't be disappointed.

Another location is Patriot Mountain Offroad park near Boone. I was there on Monday and I was the only Jeep on the property for most of the time I was there.

Sponsored

Jeepneck

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepnecks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2005 Wrangler Unlimited (LJ)
Occupation
Real Estate Professional
Vehicle Showcase
Beat me to it... :punch:

Unfortunately anywhere I found is State land and you can get a fine if you wheel there. Uwharrie is the best place to go. You won't be disappointed.

Another location is Patriot Mountain Offroad park near Boone. I was there on Monday and I was the only Jeep on the property for most of the time I was there.
Is Patriot Mountain public? I thought the only thing near Boone was on private land.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Is Patriot Mountain public? I thought the only thing near Boone was on private land.
It is a small offroad park. You pay for a pass.

setaonaes

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Manufacturing Manager
Hello all - I need some advice...Let me preface this question, with I’m not very mechanically inclined. I can change brakes and oil…that’s about it. I have had my JLUR a little over a year and had the Mopar lift and 35s put on at about 500 miles. I am at about 25,000 miles now. In the last week or so, I have noticed that anytime I have a passenger in the car and I back up out of the driveway, hit a bump or divot in the road it feels like the passenger side is bottoming out in the front. What should I check first? I drove it up on a curb to see if the bump stop was touching, but it wasn’t. Thanks in advance!!

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all - I need some advice...Let me preface this question, with I’m not very mechanically inclined. I can change brakes and oil…that’s about it. I have had my JLUR a little over a year and had the Mopar lift and 35s put on at about 500 miles. I am at about 25,000 miles now. In the last week or so, I have noticed that anytime I have a passenger in the car and I back up out of the driveway, hit a bump or divot in the road it feels like the passenger side is bottoming out in the front. What should I check first? I drove it up on a curb to see if the bump stop was touching, but it wasn’t. Thanks in advance!!
Sounds like a bad shock absorber. Is it only when you have a passenger?

setaonaes

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Manufacturing Manager
Sounds like a bad shock absorber. Is it only when you have a passenger?
It is way more prevalent when I have a passenger, it doesn't feel like it's bottoming out without one...unless I hit a pretty big dip in the road by myself.
Sponsored