UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like Uwharrie opens tomorrow, June 1st. Anyone heard anything different?
I talked to a lady at the Outpost the other day and she confirmed Monday. There are several of us that are meeting at the Outpost around 2pm tomorrow, if you’re interested in coming.
Sponsored

JayInNC

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I talked to a lady at the Outpost the other day and she confirmed Monday. There are several of us that are meeting at the Outpost around 2pm tomorrow, if you’re interested in coming.
Cool! May see if I can break away and go for a bit...

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like Uwharrie opens tomorrow, June 1st. Anyone heard anything different?
Gonna have a lot of people there today! I'm at work though... :(

Jeepneck

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepnecks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2005 Wrangler Unlimited (LJ)
Occupation
Real Estate Professional
Vehicle Showcase
Have any of you been to Hurricane Creek Trail near the NC-TN border? You can access directly off I-40 West past the Rest Stop at Mile Marker 8. It sneaks up on you just past a sign and guard rails. There's a YouTube video with directions so pretty easy to find after watching. We went this weekend and it is an awesome trail. It took us about 3.5 hours to go from the I-40 access to Wesley Creek Road, which comes out at Max Patch Road. If you go, be sure to go to Max Patch as well for camping or the sunset. 360 degree views which are amazing. Pretty sure you can tent camp either off the trail or Max Patch for free.

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call JEEP_J-LOLA_Wesley-Creek-Rd

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call JEEP_J-LOLA_Hurricane Creek Tr

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call JEEP_J-LOLA_Hurricane Creek

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call Max Patch Sunset_05312020

Sponsored

stormymk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Firecracker Red
Vehicle Showcase
Really wanted to make it is Uwharrie but still have this stupid loaner. I just posted under the service issues pages and tagged JeepCares, maybe they can finally get a resolution. After two weeks they said still no sign of the part that was originally back-ordered until June 1st. Now there is no ETA at all.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
We got back from URE a little while ago. The trails were surprisingly empty. We ran into several folks on the backside of Daniel but that was it. For the most part, the trails were dry and in good shape.

It was perfect weather. Good times had by all.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Have any of you been to Hurricane Creek Trail near the NC-TN border? You can access directly off I-40 West past the Rest Stop at Mile Marker 8. It sneaks up on you just past a sign and guard rails. There's a YouTube video with directions so pretty easy to find after watching. We went this weekend and it is an awesome trail. It took us about 3.5 hours to go from the I-40 access to Wesley Creek Road, which comes out at Max Patch Road. If you go, be sure to go to Max Patch as well for camping or the sunset. 360 degree views which are amazing. Pretty sure you can tent camp either off the trail or Max Patch for free.

So glad to see that Hurricane Creek is open. I had heard that gates were installed at both ends of the trail. Is this the case and they were open? Or are the gates not there? How was the condition of the trail?

JayInNC

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
We got back from URE a little while ago. The trails were surprisingly empty. We ran into several folks on the backside of Daniel but that was it. For the most part, the trails were dry and in good shape.

It was perfect weather. Good times had by all.
Sorry I missed out. Maybe next time...

Sponsored

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Uwharrie today was awesome! Good time hanging out with @UNC Rubicon and whoever else was there that's also on here.

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call 20200601_173822
Didn’t know your were on the forum. I’ve been away from it for a while, so I’ve got some catching up to do.

@ThirtyOne led the way today. Not sure if Randy is on here or not.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

We went there this time last year and again over Labor Day. I really love that trail. Glad to hear it is open. Will definitely plan to make it out there again this year.

cschlosser01

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Automotive Technician

Is this a plausible day trip from the Charlotte area? And looking at the map on google maps it looks like there is a fork that goes south (Wesley Creek Rd) . Is that road ok to drive as well if you are not looking to go all the way up to Max Patch, so as to make a loop back toward I40?

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Is Hurricane Creek doable with a stock Rubi?
Sponsored