Sponsored

North Carolina Roll Call

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Thanks for the info! I'm not surprised at all, these suckers are round. Def not like Cooper and Nittos. I'll post back after a week or so with my thoughts.
Sounds good...the pricepoint on them is obviously good and the softer compound should grip well. I think they largely ride smoother/quieter on road(compared to stt pros/mud grapplers) due to the middle tread being spaced close together more like an AT and that is the main part making contact with the road because the tread is rounded. My main question is how long until that middle tread wears down and how will that affect the performance on road and off road long term?
Sponsored

Reactions: eck

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase

stormymk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Firecracker Red
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah and I'm hoping not for the worse with my back lol. I've already had one surgery and these things are heavy!
Just wondering what made you go with the 37 vs 38, I have been looking at the same tires just can't decide on the size.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Just wondering what made you go with the 37 vs 38, I have been looking at the same tires just can't decide on the size.
She wanted the 38s but I, being more conservative, said to get the 37s. They are a large 37 and by that I mean they are visibly larger than my 37 Cooper SST tires and they are also a very round tread tire. The Coopers are very flat and even at 24 psi the Pats outer edges don't touch the road.
I do know that the 38s actually go DOWN to a C rating (vs. the D rating on the 37s). People have commented that it is a noticeably smoother ride with those.

We just got done with a 300 mile drive to Virginia Beach to pick up a Rubi steel bumper tomorrow and it was pretty windy out. The Jeep handled well even in the high winds and we felt planted. At the end of the day you are aware you are driving a 37" mud tire though... lol.
The Falcon 3.1 shocks are the bomb diggity. I will be putting the Steer Smarts tie rod and drag link on Sunday as well as a Falcon 2.1 stabilizer and the front will really feel tight then and the reality is it feels pretty good with the factory stuff but I did note the factory track bar toast after 48k miles. I put a Teraflex one on now.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Been out of the loop for a while here. Mike those tires are huge, lol.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Been out of the loop for a while here. Mike those tires are huge, lol.
LOL, thanks. Hey, I'm selling a bull bar that bolts on to the stock steel Rubicon bumper if you are anyone you know is interested.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
LOL, thanks. Hey, I'm selling a bull bar that bolts on to the stock steel Rubicon bumper if you are anyone you know is interested.
I'm holding out for a winch for now, but thanks.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Tempting but have been eyeing the Warn one. What did you switch to?
Switched to... nothing. She wanted a tight clean look for the front of her Jeep so we bought a Rubi steel bumper and left the ends caps off. We both really like the look of the stock Rubi steel bumper.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

stormymk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Will $150 tempt you even more? ;)
Ha, well I like the way it appears to attach and seems a little beefier but think I'm still going with the Warn one eventually. Final decision was when my wife gave me the "I am not crazy about the way that one looks."

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Ha, well I like the way it appears to attach and seems a little beefier but think I'm still going with the Warn one eventually. Final decision was when my wife gave me the "I am not crazy about the way that one looks."
Women...

stormymk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
On another note, how did the new tires do in the rain? I keep debating on those but leaning towards the 38s. The problem is everything I read about moving past 37s seems to point towards a lot of other requirements and probably a 3.5" lift vs the 2.5". Originally I was going to stick to 37s and I have no desire to go to 40s, it is more for that C rating on the Pats at 38 vs 37. I guess I could go to another tire, just hear such great things about them
Sponsored