Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
@swimman
Sorry didn't mean to leave you out of the post above :)
Any and all are welcome on any of these trips... the more the merrier!!!
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
@UNC Rubicon @chevymitchell @Sean L @ThirtyOne @Tar Heel Wrangler

Looks like I'm good for Father's Day at Uwharie. The Mrs. wanted to know if this is a guy only trip or if any other women will be going? She's down for some off roading but doesn't want to intrude on guy time.
I plan on running Dicky Bell and badge it out going down. The way to the rock garden is in good condition as of a few weeks ago and I can see the line that us non-Rubicons need to take and while it looks challenging, it's doable and I'm cool with spotting if you are :)
Of course if Shawn is with I'd like to spot with him to continue to hone my skill. Don't know how I feel about Dutch John and Daniel is a definite no without someone way more experienced than me.
My wife is working so she won't be with me. However my daughter might come. I'll let you know.

I'd like to get down a little early and leave by 3pm. I'm cool with doing Dickey Bell again. I will take a different line this time. It's the only trail I've done at Uwharrie so I'm open to other trails as well.

I know a couple of other guys I can ask as well.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
My wife is working so she won't be with me. However my daughter might come. I'll let you know.

I'd like to get down a little early and leave by 3pm. I'm cool with doing Dickey Bell again. I will take a different line this time. It's the only trail I've done at Uwharrie so I'm open to other trails as well.

Cool keep me posted. Not sure what time, usually we are there by 1PM but I'd like to get there earlier this time. There are some good trails like Rocky Mount and Slab Pile we can hit as well.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Project "Get the Jeep ready for Moab" is under way. Completed the shelf and tailgate shelf for the Jeep. Pics are below, the wood has been stained black and is drying right now, will take final pics after it's dry.
The tailgate shelf was the cheapest one on amazon. It is built well, it is not aluminum like stated in title. If you are not handy with tools and able to figure mechanics and mounting out on your own DO NOT buy this version. The "Chinglish" instructions SUCK and are pretty much useless. I had to hacksaw spacers to fit and basically figure it out on my own. It was like "here is a bag of parts, figure out how to use them." I also bought a piece of plexiglass to use as a cutting board. Overall I'm pleased with the way it turned out.
The board closest to the tailgate wouldn't fit and I could not come up with a way to make it work. My youngest son said why don't you cut it and hinge it. Voila, brilliant, works like a charm. The support prop then supports the hinged piece as well as keep the two inner edges that are unsupported because they have to go around the roll bar, from flipping downward. Overall it's really solid and will be great for stacking bins on it.
Shelving cost me around $50.
Tailgate shelf $70 - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L7JJ7CR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Plexiglass $20 - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ILLNZC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Next will be changing the fluids in both diffs and the transfer case as well as an oil change and tire rotation and it'll be set to go!! Less than 3 weeks!

upload_2019-6-9_15-58-9.png

upload_2019-6-9_15-58-25.png

upload_2019-6-9_15-58-41.png

upload_2019-6-9_15-58-55.png

upload_2019-6-9_15-59-9.png

upload_2019-6-9_15-59-26.png

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

M<y wife just told me that on the face book pages (or whatever they're called) there was a lot of winching and bypassing today at Uwharie from all of the rains. Supposed to rain off and on all week so next weekend should be interesting :)

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
M<y wife just told me that on the face book pages (or whatever they're called) there was a lot of winching and bypassing today at Uwharie from all of the rains. Supposed to rain off and on all week so next weekend should be interesting :)
Bleh... @chevymitchell and I ran (or attempted to run) Dutch John after it rained for like a month straight. I’d just assume to never see that kind of shit ever again...

9A9BC5B1-A112-4057-BA0E-AB13B688CFA4.jpeg

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Honestly if it raining next Sunday I will probably bail. Not my idea of a good time.

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport, JT Mojave, Sold JLU Sport S
Occupation
Cigar & IPA Snob
Interested, but with my kids' graduation on Th, out of town family might be hanging around. With all this rain and more coming, not sure I'd want to try it.

Sponsored

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport, JT Mojave, Sold JLU Sport S
Occupation
Cigar & IPA Snob
My parents live in Albemarle where I grew up so a nice father's day surprise visit in the afternoon would be nice.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly if it raining next Sunday I will probably bail. Not my idea of a good time.
Ditto. It's supposed to rain all week and frankly it's no fun on some of those trails when they are muddy. It sucks when you are putting your Jeep on a certain line that would be fine if it were dry but because it is wet the trail puts you somewhere else. Not a good feeling.

harleypap57

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara JL
Occupation
Flight Communications for Medical Helicopter
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone here going to Smoky Mtn Jeep Invasion in Aug. We're going up Thursday and will be there for the weekend.

Also looking at doing Hurricane Creek or Peter's Mill Run next weekend. June 21st, 22nd or 23rd.

Last edited:

harleypap57

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara JL
Occupation
Flight Communications for Medical Helicopter
Vehicle Showcase
Peters Mill Run was a piece of cake. I could have run the entire thing in 2wd but I wanted to have the sway bar disco’d to smooth out the ride some.

I met 7 other Jeepers at the gas station where I picked up my permit. They passed me while I was airing down and then I caught up to them while they were doing the same.

Five of the seven Jeepers had never been off-road. I helped several them air down - and one air up after she let too much air out of her tires.

They welcomed me into their group ride as if I’d known them for years. The Jeep community never fails to amaze me.

The kids and I had a blast - I’ve earned badges from much harder trails, but this one will always be a little special because it’s the first one I earned with my girls.

64EA2E25-8A36-4173-9349-A57BD9A90945.jpeg

2EA4200C-6ABB-486A-A951-EC8C6C84D933.jpeg

F8A7AF48-DA1F-4E5B-ABF2-B3B4774F1047.jpeg

93F0FAD6-8928-4ACA-935A-84D0AC5AFC59.jpeg

8C557D03-A3EE-4AE4-91E7-2FA924151028.jpeg

F4117525-CAEF-4C61-A9A5-DF536D33ECB9.jpeg

7F2E2A1C-A18F-4C9D-AF1A-C4BD73840A81.jpeg

E51069B2-8661-4C35-BE32-EB00B4F2B047.jpeg

B836ECC4-B0C4-466D-A19B-8DAFCF8731C2.jpeg
Great looking ride, where is this located? We're looking for more trails and less rock crawling. Had fun at Windrock but some trails are a lot harder than the driver has experience.