First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
Taking the family to the Hatteras Island (Cape Hatteras National Seashore) part of the Outer Banks in North Carolina. Will be doing some off-roading on the beaches. Just wondering If anyone else is going to be out there or been there lately. I typically go to ORV ramps between Salvo and Avon and do some surf fishing, swimming , etc... Not usually many people out there so I can really enjoy the beach. Looks like some ORV ramps are closed to vehicular traffic for wildlife preservation right now, but still plenty of room to play. Might have to go down to Ocracoke Island to see what ramps are open down there too.
Sponsored

Jeeper4xe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
Taking the family to the Hatteras Island (Cape Hatteras National Seashore) part of the Outer Banks in North Carolina. Will be doing some off-roading on the beaches. Just wondering If anyone else is going to be out there or been there lately. I typically go to ORV ramps between Salvo and Avon and do some surf fishing, swimming , etc... Not usually many people out there so I can really enjoy the beach. Looks like some ORV ramps are closed to vehicular traffic for wildlife preservation right now, but still plenty of room to play. Might have to go down to Ocracoke Island to see what ramps are open down there too.
I’ll be in OBX next Thursday - Sunday. Planning to check out Corolla in the Jeep!

OP
OP
Carolina Jeeper

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I’ll be in OBX next Thursday - Sunday. Planning to check out Corolla in the Jeep!
Will be in Salvo from Saturday through Saturday. I'll definitely go up to Corolla too so we can see the wild horses. It's kind of a tradition for the past 25 years. Not sure which day yet since I don't usually plan my days ahead of time. Will hit the Wright brothers first flight museum, Jockeys Ridge, Bodie Island Lighthouse, Hatteras Island Lighthouse, Ocracoke and Ocracoke lighthouse. Might be more venturous and ride the ferry from Ocracoke to Cedar Island to hit some ORV ramps I haven't tried before.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

frankorego

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR Hard Rock (sold) 2021 JLUR 392
Occupation
Manager
Will be in Salvo from Saturday through Saturday. I'll definitely go up to Corolla too so we can see the wild horses. It's kind of a tradition for the past 25 years. Not sure which day yet since I don't usually plan my days ahead of time. Will hit the Wright brothers first flight museum, Jockeys Ridge, Bodie Island Lighthouse, Hatteras Island Lighthouse, Ocracoke and Ocracoke lighthouse. Might be more venturous and ride the ferry from Ocracoke to Cedar Island to hit some ORV ramps I haven't tried before.
Pics from our last trip to OBX. We have family in Hampton Roads, VA.
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Outer Banks Trip Coming Up 20180520_104107
Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Outer Banks Trip Coming Up 20180520_105815

Sponsored

OP
OP
Carolina Jeeper

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pics from our last trip to OBX. We have family in Hampton Roads, VA.
Nice pics of the wild horses. I really enjoy just driving around on the nearby roads to see them too.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
We stayed in Carova last year. Saw horses every day. You can drive the 11 miles of beach without a permit. However, if you plan to park, you’ll need one.

Jeeper4xe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
Nice pics of the wild horses. I really enjoy just driving around on the nearby roads to see them too.
Very cool. Hope to see wild horses!

OP
OP
Carolina Jeeper

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nice views! I didn't know they allowed campers on the outer banks beaches. I am planning to explore further south this trip and take the ferry from Ocracoke to Cedar Island and maybe Cape Lookout. Not sure how to get onto Cape Lookout though. I'll have to look up the ferry routes and schedules.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Nice views! I didn't know they allowed campers on the outer banks beaches. I am planning to explore further south this trip and take the ferry from Ocracoke to Cedar Island and maybe Cape Lookout. Not sure how to get onto Cape Lookout though. I'll have to look up the ferry routes and schedules.
The ferry to Cape Lookout is by reservation only. I had to book in February to go in May.

OP
OP
Carolina Jeeper

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The ferry to Cape Lookout is by reservation only. I had to book in February to go in May.
Oh really!? I never would have thought it was like that. Guess I won't be going there lol.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Oh really!? I never would have thought it was like that. Guess I won't be going there lol.
I didn't either. There is a ferry in Michigan for Drummond Island. You get in line wait your turn and get on the ferry. Not so down there. We cancelled a trip last year because just a week prior to leaving for Cape Lookout, I called the Ferry Service with a question and they told me that all ferry rides were done by reservation and that they had been booked for four months and the earliest reservation was three months out from when I called them.

So to go out to Cape Lookout, it takes some planning.

OP
OP
Carolina Jeeper

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I didn't either. There is a ferry in Michigan for Drummond Island. You get in line wait your turn and get on the ferry. Not so down there. We cancelled a trip last year because just a week prior to leaving for Cape Lookout, I called the Ferry Service with a question and they told me that all ferry rides were done by reservation and that they had been booked for four months and the earliest reservation was three months out from when I called them.

So to go out to Cape Lookout, it takes some planning.
This is just disappointing.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
This is just disappointing.
If you want to go to Cape Lookout, you live in NC, call them and see when they have an opening and schedule it. I enjoyed my chill four day weekend out there. It is very desolate so the chances of being around and idiot is pretty slim.
Sponsored