NorCal Wheeling, Camping, Recovery

Bluebeast

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport
Anyone in the Sacramento area know a good glass place for a windshield? A bike fell of an SUV a few cars in front of me this morning and one of them hit it and turned it into a flying debris field.
Sponsored

Alex01

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Wrangler, 2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Anyone in the Sacramento area know a good glass place for a windshield? A bike fell of an SUV a few cars in front of me this morning and one of them hit it and turned it into a flying debris field.
Safelite has always been good to me and they come to you. They take insurance also.

OP
OP
Sunshne×Whsky

Sunshne×Whsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
We went through our insurance. $100 deductible for OE replacement. Had to do it twice. Safelite came to my wife's shop and did the replacements. 10/10

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2017 Miata Club RF
Anyone interested/able to assist me in installing the front and rear LCA skids? I'm hesitant to do them myself in case the suspension shifts. It would be a lot easier with another person, especially if you have done this before. Happy to supply beer + pizza + whatever.

Alex01

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Wrangler, 2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Anyone interested/able to assist me in installing the front and rear LCA skids? I'm hesitant to do them myself in case the suspension shifts. It would be a lot easier with another person, especially if you have done this before. Happy to supply beer + pizza + whatever.
With the help of a floor jack, ratchet strap, and or a pry bar the suspension shouldn't move enough to make any difference. Just make sure you only remove one control arm at a time (only need to remove 1 bolt in this case) and toss a stand under the frame so you're safe. I have a 1, 3, and 13 year old at home so getting to SR would be a bit difficult. If you're really worried about it though you're welcome to drive over to Martinez and I'd be happy to lend a helping hand or at least be around if any issues were to occur. Honestly, though I think you're overthinking it and it will be a fairly painless process.

Sponsored

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm almost certain I'm overthinking it. The wording of "make sure your axle doesn't rotate or aligning the front LCA holes will be difficult" is what's scaring me.

mikem20

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Like mentioned above. A floor jack and a little pressure likely would be enough to rotate it back into position.

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like a garage job for myself then :)
I'll make sure to send up a flare in the thread if I'm stuck for some reason. Sounds like I'll be ok :)

Got to use my winch for the first time this weekend which was cool. Got on the new bumper, oil/engine skid, rear diff skid, and a few other small bits and headed over near Cache Creek near Rumsey. It was a great time. Have you guys ever been to Buck Island Campground?

mikem20

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Yeah. If you’ve installed all those other parts, the skids shouldn’t be too difficult. 👍🏻

Cache creek is in my area. I’ve been up that way near rumsey but it was many years ago. So I don’t remember too much what’s up there.
I have gone down the creek by esparto probably once or twice a year. It’s pretty popular area for dirt bikes and utv’s

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah. If you’ve installed all those other parts, the skids shouldn’t be too difficult. 👍🏻

Cache creek is in my area. I’ve been up that way near rumsey but it was many years ago. So I don’t remember too much what’s up there.
I have gone down the creek by esparto probably once or twice a year. It’s pretty popular area for dirt bikes and utv’s
Unfortunately that side has a the gate that is only wide enough for motorcycles. I've taken my bike that way. The only way to get in via 4x4 is heading east from Lower Lake on Morgan Valley Road. Once you get to the entrance, it's about 15 miles or so to the campground. It's always really quiet there, right on the water too. I love it.

They recently graded the road and it's super easy now. My gf and I went out earlier this year and encountered rocks, mud, fallen trees, etc. That was fun. Now pretty much any vehicle can get there, but it's still worth the squeeze.

Sponsored

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got back from a few days in Humboldt again. Did a big portion of the Six Rivers BDT again, but in the other direction. It was really amazing. Only saw 1 other person out there the entire day. Got to work the skid plate a bit for the first time haha. I really wish I lived up near Willits, right where everything starts to get fun.

Have any of you done any of the other BDTs? Modoc is on my radar now, as is Lassen.

xtremejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Just got back from a few days in Humboldt again. Did a big portion of the Six Rivers BDT again, but in the other direction. It was really amazing. Only saw 1 other person out there the entire day. Got to work the skid plate a bit for the first time haha. I really wish I lived up near Willits, right where everything starts to get fun.

Have any of you done any of the other BDTs? Modoc is on my radar now, as is Lassen.
not doing trails other than to dispersed camping, but at Lassen nat park now and it’s awesome if you like hiking. A quieter version of Yosemite

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

EDH_JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lassen BDT connects to Plumas BDT and close to the Tahoe BDT, so you can take it from I80 near Tahoe all the way to Lassen if you are so inclined
Yep. My gf and I are already planning out a trip for 2022 to hit Shasta Trinity > Modoc > Lassen > Tahoe. Hard to figure out what time of the year to plan it for.
Sponsored