Bluebeast

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport
Jeep Wrangler JL NorCal Wheeling, Camping, Recovery 20201110_112134

Did some exploring up by Eagle Lakes. Didn't make it all the way up though. It became a little more than I wanted to tackle alone. Still had tons of fun though.

20201110_114212.jpg
Sponsored

Bluebeast

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport
Lol not far. I was mainly running around to see if my lockers would keep working, since the dealer replaced my aux battery(stupid built in low voltage protection). I didn't even make it to the turn off to the lakes from Fordyce. I figured I didn't want to get up there if they didn't work. Turned around and cruising down Grouse Ridge till I ran into road work.

Sponsored

Bluebeast

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport
Yup it's Dennis. He's always a blast to hang out with. The tent is the new Smittybilt XL.

OP
OP
SunshneĂ—Whsky

SunshneĂ—Whsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Yeah Dennis is fun. Where did you take it? We have a little trailer we want to take snow camping but can't find an accessable spot

Sponsored

Bluebeast

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport
Just stayed on the well traveled fire roads by Boca and found a good place to get off the road. I doubt I will be able to make it back as far as we did for a while since the snow is really falling now though. Also I learned that you have to have chains even with 4WD if you're towing a trailer and they put up chain controls.

OP
OP
SunshneĂ—Whsky

SunshneĂ—Whsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Yeah I forgot about the chain controls. I heard you have to chain the trailer if the trailer has brakes. I was thinking of doing the same thing up by Bowman or near Washington, thinking the snow isn't too deep in that area

Bluebeast

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport
Yup for some reason I thought chains were only required if the trailer had brakes, but you have to chain up the tow vehicle either way and the trailer if it has brakes. I had a short conversation with the chain control guy to clear things up for me. Luckily I had chains to throw on the Jeep. I'm not sure where Washington is but I bet Bowman would work.