NorCal Wheeling, Camping, Recovery

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
Rick,

yes.

i placed an order for a reprinted plate (my Ham Radio Call tags) in early April because the old one is so shagged.
i actually got a pleasant human on the phone at the DMV Field Office who told me someone would call me back in a day, but to call back in a week if i hadn't heard anything.
of course i had to call back in a week (be prepared for an hour on Hold each call) and got someone who told me they are so far behind they can't even research it until a plate is a full 6 months late.

the very next day the first guy actually called me back to check up! i told him what i had been told and he claimed that wasn't necessarily so and promised to look into it, claiming he'd put in a Rush Order and would overnight them to whatever address i wanted when they showed up.

try the Field Office phone number (if you haven't already); maybe you'll get lucky and reach a human with a brain engaged. it actually happens sometimes!
(916) 657-8035

just FYI; plates for my 1090 took 3 tries to get them right, and nobody knows where the plates i ordered for another vehicle 1.5 mos ago are yet.
consider this an exercise in patience.

Anyone else waiting on custom plates still? I placed my order back 5/5/21 and still am waiting :(

Sponsored

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2017 Miata Club RF
That looks like a great time! Did you camp in your Jeep or a tent?
Jeep Wrangler JL NorCal Wheeling, Camping, Recovery PXL_20211022_201514176

home sweet home!

I really need to find a bag that fits on top of the rear roll bar though. There's a large void up there that can store a lot.

mikem20

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Jeep Wrangler JL NorCal Wheeling, Camping, Recovery PXL_20211022_201514176

home sweet home!

I really need to find a bag that fits on top of the rear roll bar though. There's a large void up there that can store a lot.
That’s how I camped in Moab and Tahoe. Actually wasn’t too shabby in there.
OP,
I have the XG cargo bags on the roll bar that work real well for storage.

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2017 Miata Club RF
That’s how I camped in Moab and Tahoe. Actually wasn’t too shabby in there.
OP,
I have the XG cargo bags on the roll bar that work real well for storage.
Yeah the XG bags are definitely on my list, but I was more talking about the top side of the C pillar. I think this will go nicely up there: ARB roll bar bag

Also looking at these for the "other side" of the XG bag mount points: Roll bar bag from amazon

Hoping I can get the XGC bags (confirmed fitment with my Maximus-3 roof rack) and the GOTIDY bags to fit well together. I was planning on getting some rear window MOLLE panels, but as my intent was just to mount stuff to the interior side of it (never taking rear roof off), these GOTIDY bags seem to be a better bet, especially for the price.

Let me know what you think :)

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon
Yeah the XG bags are definitely on my list, but I was more talking about the top side of the C pillar. I think this will go nicely up there: ARB roll bar bag

Also looking at these for the "other side" of the XG bag mount points: Roll bar bag from amazon

Hoping I can get the XGC bags (confirmed fitment with my Maximus-3 roof rack) and the GOTIDY bags to fit well together. I was planning on getting some rear window MOLLE panels, but as my intent was just to mount stuff to the interior side of it (never taking rear roof off), these GOTIDY bags seem to be a better bet, especially for the price.

Let me know what you think :)

I can confirm the XG bags fit with the Maximus-3 mounts. Hope this helps.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/xg-cargo-gamma-bags.23351/page-2

Sponsored

Alex01

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Wrangler, 2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Did some snowploring! Had a blast, only one lane so for passing I got to SEND IT into the snow... Also got to use my winch a fair amount also!

Jeep Wrangler JL NorCal Wheeling, Camping, Recovery 20211026_153015

Looks like fun. I can't wait for a snow run this year. Later in winter maybe the norcal members should do a run to Uncle Tom's cabin.
Sponsored