Sponsored

NorCal 4xe Dealer Service Recommendation?

jahysea

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 TJ (sold), 08 JK Rubicon, 21 4xe Rubicon
Anyone had a good experience with a dealer service department related to the 4xe?

I took mine to the dealer in Napa right before Christmas and it was a disaster. Wanted the "High Voltage Cable Connector Seal" recall addressed and all the RRT's applied. The dealer service department had made the appointment for the wrong vehicle and they were completely unprepared for the recall. There was also an ABS error because I didn't correctly unmarry my Tazer JL and they couldn't apply the RRTs.

My fault for not taking enough advance prep time and making sure there were no software errors but the reaction it triggered was unbelievable.

The dealership informed me the vehicle needed to be "returned completely to stock" before they would work on it again. I said, "you mean the software right, not the wheels/tires/bumpers?" and they said no, EVERYTHING had to go back to stock and that was straight from the service manager. I pushed back and he called someone on the phone that he said was the service manager and that person recommended I try another dealership. I fail to see why larger tires and aftermarket bumpers affect applying software to the vehicle (assuming there are no error codes) but I don't need to be asked twice to seek a new dealer service department. I now see in online reviews that others have been told by the same dealership that recalls or updates could not be applied because of a lift or tires. Crazy.

I'm in search of a new dealer service department obviously, looking for recommendations.

And I'd recommend avoiding Hanlee's of Napa at all costs.
Sponsored

bossboy302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Yes, we've had good service from Autoworld in Petaluma. 2 Jeeps, incl. new 4xe. We bought there largely because of service.

jonboy

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR (stock), 2012 JKUR (one tons on 39s)
maybe a bit far for you, but I always take my JKUR to Normandin. it's on one tons and 40's. They do awesome work.

OP
OP
jahysea

jahysea

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 TJ (sold), 08 JK Rubicon, 21 4xe Rubicon
maybe a bit far for you, but I always take my JKUR to Normandin. it's on one tons and 40's. They do awesome work.
Thanks.. San Jose is a haul from Napa but not impossible.

jonboy

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR (stock), 2012 JKUR (one tons on 39s)
Thanks.. San Jose is a haul from Napa but not impossible.
If you go, try to get Jason Horwood as your tech (each jeep is assigned someone responsible for the work). I'm sure the others are good but he was always great to deal with.
Sponsored