Noob who needs Tire/Wheel Help!

bowzer.jl

First Name
Camille
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport
Hey so this is my first jeep(JLU Sport S 2018) that I'm able to modify, and make it more my own. I've decided on which lift kit, wheel, and tire, BUT I have no clue what sizes will work. I'm going to eventually soon get the Rock Krawler 3.5 lift, but I will have my wheel and tire first. I did some research, and 35s will fit on a stock jeep which is perfect for now. I want to get Nexen Roadian MTX tires with D569 Vapor 1PC wheel by Fuel. I would love to start buying them soon, but it always comes down to the wheel size and me not knowing what size fits what! It would be great if the wheel size that I get fits the 35s and eventually 37s, if not that's cool. Go easy on me now haha
Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Make sure you buy the tires with 4.5 of backspacing or 4.75.. I ordered my wheels with 3.5 of backspacing and while they look cool because the tires stick out of the fenders, It also mean that my Jeep is next to impossible to keep clean. If the road is even a little wet, it will throw road grime all over the Jeep. Yup on the hood, and windshield and all down the side. I think I have spent more money and time washing this Jeep in the first six months than I did most of my cars in four years.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Make sure you buy the tires with 4.5 of backspacing or 4.75.. I ordered my wheels with 3.5 of backspacing and while they look cool because the tires stick out of the fenders, It also mean that my Jeep is next to impossible to keep clean. If the road is even a little wet, it will throw road grime all over the Jeep. Yup on the hood, and windshield and all down the side. I think I have spent more money and time washing this Jeep in the first six months than I did most of my cars in four years.
Good advice, but @bowzer.jl has a Sport and you have a Rubicon. Rubicons have longer axles so the exact amount of backspace needed on a Sport may be just a little different.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Good advice, but @bowzer.jl has a Sport and you have a Rubicon. Rubicons have longer axles so the exact amount of backspace needed on a Sport may be just a little different.
True, He should do his research and get what is right for his Jeep. He just needs to ensure that he has the right backspacing for his model.

sjappers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, tacoma
True, He should do his research and get what is right for his Jeep. He just needs to ensure that he has the right backspacing for his model.
so more noob questions. I have a JLUR and want to get some icon alloy rims with 4.5 backspacing and -6mm offset? eventually will run a 35-37 inch ko2. will these stick out the side of fenders? if so how much?

rlaracue

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Hey so this is my first jeep(JLU Sport S 2018) that I'm able to modify, and make it more my own. I've decided on which lift kit, wheel, and tire, BUT I have no clue what sizes will work. I'm going to eventually soon get the Rock Krawler 3.5 lift, but I will have my wheel and tire first. I did some research, and 35s will fit on a stock jeep which is perfect for now. I want to get Nexen Roadian MTX tires with D569 Vapor 1PC wheel by Fuel. I would love to start buying them soon, but it always comes down to the wheel size and me not knowing what size fits what! It would be great if the wheel size that I get fits the 35s and eventually 37s, if not that's cool. Go easy on me now haha

Did you ever get the Nexen Roadians MTX? If so how do you like them.
Sponsored