Non-Wrangler Owners Ask the Dumbest Questions

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
I get asked by family and friends, who were expecting me to driving a Bronco by now, “Does the Jeep even have a removeable roof?”

🙄

Gotta give Ford one thing; they sure can’t build a vehicle right, but damn - they know how to market the hell out of it.
Sponsored

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
My own mother asked and said this a few days ago:
“why did you get such big tires? I don’t see any of the other Jeep’s with big tires like that. You aren’t going off-road with it, are you?”

🤦🏼🤣🤣

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
She did compliment me. Hey, what’s going on with your order?
If you mean my Wrangler, WTFK.

Original last day to drop was Monday, 9/06, Labor Day. Setup flight for Friday the 10th, then late last week they sent an email moving the date out another week.

I guess they like the sound of 13 weeks better.

Still hoping it drops Tuesday, but doubtful. Gonna cost me $200 to adjust the tickets. Gonna request reimbursement from FCA. Let's see how that plays out. 🤔🙄

Sponsored

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Someone asked me why the power window controls were on the center dash console.

I told them it was so I could still roll the windows down even when the doors are off.

There were a good 30 seconds where they couldn't figure out if I was serious or not. 😆

Dumb questions don't bother me. It's either an excuse to ramble enthusiastically about my Jeep or an opening for me to let loose with a truly terrible joke. Either way, win!

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Why would she even ask that?
Seems weird and random unless it was followed with a compliment about how great it looked.
They are forced to make small talk and engage the customers (more so if you become a regular). So they ask and talk about the most random things.

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
You can't really blame non-Wrangler owners for asking seemingly "dumb" questions...they don't own one, so it only makes sense. I don't own a Ferrari, so I'd probably ask equally stupid questions about that car too. What's far worse (and funnier), is when Wrangler owners ask dumb questions about vehicles they already own.

Case in point...I almost always drive my 2-door JL in safari mode, and I've had three other soft-top JL owners ask me what sort of "aftermarket top" I have. I always kindly and respectfully advise that they have the same tops and can configure them the same way, but it sure is fun to watch the dumbfounded surprise on their faces. No malice though...still glad to help them understand and enjoy their vehicles, but like really? After investing $40K-$60K in an awesome Jeep, isn't it important, necessary, and perhaps interesting to read the manual?!?!?

Last edited:

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
You can't really blame non-Wrangler owners for asking seemingly "dumb" questions...they don't own one, so it only makes sense. I don't own a Ferrari, so I'd probably ask equally stupid questions about that car too. What's far worse (and funnier), is when Wrangler owners ask dumb questions about vehicles they already own.

Case in point...I almost always drive my 2-door JL in safari mode, and I've had three other soft-top JL owners ask me what sort of "aftermarket top" I have. I always kindly and respectfully advise that they have the same tops and can configure them the same way, but it sure is fun to watch the dumbfounded surprise on their faces. No malice though...still glad to help them understand and enjoy their vehicles, but like really? After investing $40K-$60K in an awesome Jeep, isn't it important, necessary, and perhaps interesting to read the manual?!?!?
What? Read the manual? Only as a last resort after f....ing around, screwing things up,trying stupid stuff and scratching my head because I can’t figure it out!

Sponsored

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
I like for people to ask questions. It shows they are interested.

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I owned my last truck for 14 years and had been wanting a jeep for a while. When I finally got one, my wife’s friend asked her if I was going through a midlife crisis😵‍.
I was actually asked/told the same thing by my grown kids. In a joking way though.
Sponsored