Non standard uses for AUX switches

pablo_max3045

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Since I drive a Jeep, I tend to be light on the right foot and as a result, I am a bit slower than some others.
Around these parts, drivers can be rather aggressive and are quick to tail-gate.
This got me thinking. I need a James Bond style oil slick. This of course would be a illegal, but what about something else, like cola?

I have since ordered a generic window washer retrofit kit. I plan to run the hose out the back, near the rear camera and attach a spray nozzle on it. I will then fire cola or other annoying, but non-damaging liquid at the cars who love to get right on the rear bumper.

The other idea / plan I had was to dedicate one switch to powering a RCA splitter. These normally always run to port A until a voltage is applied and then take input B. This would be an easy / cheap way to get front camera AND still have it in HD.

Anyone else have "strange" or interesting uses for their AUX buttons?

Advertisement

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I like your rear sprayer idea, but I’d use it differently. I’d use it on the trail where I make it up a tough obstacle, and then I use the rear sprayer to spray something slippery on the obstacle to make it tougher on my buddies

364pipeguy

First Name
Paul
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon / 1971 CJ-6
Occupation
retired Steamfitter
I've always wanted to make a 6' ram come out the back and go through the engine block to slow the tail gaiters

GtX

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D, 2009 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
I have my Voswitch ignition wire triggered with Aux4. Makes it easy to trigger multiple lights at once and control whether the Voswitch is ignition or battery thru the UConnect.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
I think the sprayer idea is a good one but I’d leave it at just that. If said tailgater had a dash cam and you sprayed cola and then because the driver was now distracted by that brown spray and he/she wrecks... I’d say that’s probably not a situation you would want to find yourself in.
Probably unlikely, but still.

So much easier to move over to let them pass.

Last edited:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
A guy that I've known since I was a kid, whose about 70 now, has had a tailgate sprayer for years now. He loves old GM cars, which are slow by today's standards, so his sprayer must see a lot of use. Whenever I happen upon him around town, I pull over for a couple minutes to avoid getting some overspray. His liquid of choice is used brake fluid.

KSwilly

First Name
Karl
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys in Hellayella
Vehicle Showcase
I had a really stupid idea the other morning in the shower - get a set of 4 air horns, tuned so I could play the opening riff to “Smoke on the Water” by Deep Purple whenever I felt like it.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Since I drive a Jeep, I tend to be light on the right foot and as a result, I am a bit slower than some others.
Around these parts, drivers can be rather aggressive and are quick to tail-gate.
This got me thinking. I need a James Bond style oil slick. This of course would be a illegal, but what about something else, like cola?

I have since ordered a generic window washer retrofit kit. I plan to run the hose out the back, near the rear camera and attach a spray nozzle on it. I will then fire cola or other annoying, but non-damaging liquid at the cars who love to get right on the rear bumper.

The other idea / plan I had was to dedicate one switch to powering a RCA splitter. These normally always run to port A until a voltage is applied and then take input B. This would be an easy / cheap way to get front camera AND still have it in HD.

Anyone else have "strange" or interesting uses for their AUX buttons?
I don’t know how non-standard it is, but I haven’t heard of anyone doing it, but I’ve got my #3 and #4 aux switches wired to my lockers. I also have tazer mini which allows you to use lockers whenever you want, but it’s a little slower, as it’s still dealing with the computer, the aux switches are nanny free....;)

Jeepney18

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Corolla S, 2018 JL Sport S Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I had a really stupid idea the other morning in the shower - get a set of 4 air horns, tuned so I could play the opening riff to “Smoke on the Water” by Deep Purple whenever I felt like it.
They're not air horns but I hooked up a little soundboard.

Advertisement

Chrysler Factory Warranty

Advertisement