Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
  • Banned
Neither a (hard top) headliner nor a Plasti Dip user, I was wondering about the idea of "spraying on your headliner."

First, I hear that Plasti Dip is relatively removable. I realize this may be a relative term, as in it's "easier to remove than paint," but "you'll be peeling if off if you don't like it for the next five years."

Second, I don't know how well, properly applied, Plasti Dip remains in place and doesn't make you *want* to take it off because it *may* look worn over time.

Third, as a rubber like compound, I don't know if it much would provide the acoustical benefits of a conventional headliner.

Fourth, I recognize this not a cheap nor easy process. First there's the cans of Plasti Dip aerosol, next there's the prep time and masking. Next there's the multiple coats and dry times between. I would imagine no less than 4 or 5 coats at bare minimum applying it sparingly the first few coats. I can't even imagine how many coats might be necessary to give the application some degree of thickness.

Fifth, I don't know how it would look, especially factoring in the cost of goods and your time, and if its relative impermanence is worth it over conventional headliners.

I welcome people thoughts on this.

Thank you.
Sponsored

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
Putting plasti dip on thick help it both for longevity and for removal. You can alsouse a pressure washer for removal. to get good results i used to use a can per 20 inch wheel on my challenger. The issue is that if anything ur carrying in the back shifts and scrapes it ...it will start peeling off.

OP
OP

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
  • Banned
Putting plasti dip on thick help it both for longevity and for removal. You can alsouse a pressure washer for removal. to get good results i used to use a can per 20 inch wheel on my challenger. The issue is that if anything ur carrying in the back shifts and scrapes it ...it will start peeling off.
I don't suppose its rubber like consistency might help with sound deadening too...or could I be that lucky?

I'd be cool if something could be applied professional, perhaps with some thickness to it, that can be removed. Thoughts?

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
It would probably help some if you put it on thick enough. When put on correctly you should have a thickness to that liquid latex people paint themselves with. ...at least at the removal stage.
Sponsored