Jcarrig3

Jcarrig3

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
anyone know if the dealer needs to add a code to the vin during the reflash?
I know they need to be reflashed, but I don't know if a code needs to be added. (I used the Tazer to flash mine)
Sponsored

HuckleMonster

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392, 2023 TRX
I got a set of the same OEM takeoffs to replace my factory halogens. The guy I bought them from gave me both fenders as well with the pigtails attached. They do plug directly in to where your halogens do. However, you’ll have to get your software flashed or get a tazer. If you don’t have the factory LED package, it will screw up both front and rear blinkers. I had the dealer flash. It cost about $150 at the dealer I went to.
Did these plug right in and work fine after the reflash?

DawnJl

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Has anyone I installed the LED fenders and they go off and on when putting the turn signal

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

Has anyone I installed the LED fenders and they go off and on when putting the turn signal
I had the dealer install the Mopar fenders with the LED lights already in them. It was plug and play. Even though they came in a Mopar accessory kit, Jeep would not give Mopar the code to enable the lights to work properly. I was able to use a Tazer JL to set the Fender LED to "Y"... they work fine now. I have read reports that some dealers are using a code, but my dealer swears up and down it is not authorized by FCA.

On a Sport S, the computer has to be updated with a setting to make the LED fenders work. A Tazer JL will do the job just fine.

Sponsored

bval001

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport s
I had the dealer install the Mopar fenders with the LED lights already in them. It was plug and play. Even though they came in a Mopar accessory kit, Jeep would not give Mopar the code to enable the lights to work properly. I was able to use a Tazer JL to set the Fender LED to "Y"... they work fine now. I have read reports that some dealers are using a code, but my dealer swears up and down it is not authorized by FCA.

On a Sport S, the computer has to be updated with a setting to make the LED fenders work. A Tazer JL will do the job just fine.
do the day time running lights work as well? I've heard different things on that.. also any pics? dying to do this for my sport

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Yes the DRL's will work if you set them with a Tazer or the JSCAN app. Here is a picture of my Sport with Rubi Flares and Led's.
upload_2020-2-4_12-37-17.jpg

Gregj

bval001

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport s
Yes the DRL's will work if you set them with a Tazer or the JSCAN app. Here is a picture of my Sport with Rubi Flares and Led's.
upload_2020-2-4_12-37-17.jpg

Gregj
music to my ears! I will 100% get them now. I've heard conflicting info on this so I appreciate the info. great looking jeep!

Teghogh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jl sport
How about this..

connecting the amber side marks on the led fenders to the turn signal so they can function as such and connecting the original side mark wiring to the DRL. I dont think you will get a dash error this way

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How about this..

connecting the amber side marks on the led fenders to the turn signal so they can function as such and connecting the original side mark wiring to the DRL. I dont think you will get a dash error this way
I don’t know. The side marker is an led on all of them so I don’t think they would add enough draw to stop the bulb out warning and who knows what else that would cause. And cutting and splicing the harness isn’t a good idea.

The JScan app is $16 for a license, the cable is about $20 and the OBD dongle is $30ish, so for less than $100 you can do all kinds of updates. Seems like a bargain to me.
Gregj

Sponsored

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
I don’t know. The side marker is an led on all of them so I don’t think they would add enough draw to stop the bulb out warning and who knows what else that would cause. And cutting and splicing the harness isn’t a good idea.

The JScan app is $16 for a license, the cable is about $20 and the OBD dongle is $30ish, so for less than $100 you can do all kinds of updates. Seems like a bargain to me.
Gregj
Did you actually use the JSCAN to enable yours?

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you actually use the JSCAN to enable yours?
Yes I did. I also changed the TPMS set point. I used a Tazer to change the light settings on my wife's Jeep and have to say it is a little easier to use and does have the capability to revert the changes if you mess it up (just un-marry the Tazer) that the Jscan does not have, but it works.

Gregj

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
Yes I did. I also changed the TPMS set point. I used a Tazer to change the light settings on my wife's Jeep and have to say it is a little easier to use and does have the capability to revert the changes if you mess it up (just un-marry the Tazer) that the Jscan does not have, but it works.

Gregj
Awesome thanks. I'm converting all my front end lights to LED and thinking of going the JSCAN route since it's so much cheaper. Have you run into any light settings you don't think it would handle relative to the Tazer?

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome thanks. I'm converting all my front end lights to LED and thinking of going the JSCAN route since it's so much cheaper. Have you run into any light settings you don't think it would handle relative to the Tazer?
For the front end everything is pretty straight forward. For the rear lights it can be a little confusing as the app is European (maybe South African, the YouTube video has a guy with an accent i cant figure out) and the taillights are configured a little different over there (stop/turn are separate).

It would be advisable to get screen shots of each setting before changing so you have a reference to revert to stock.

Gregj

JWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

Gregj
where did you purchase the cable and OBD dongle?
Sponsored