non 4XE lift springs on 4XE Rubicon

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Thanks. To take the tire out of the equation could you measure shock eye to shock eye?
my stock measurements are 20-3/8” front and 22-5/8” rear.
Thanks!
Just saw this thread.

The front end of a 4xe is the weight of the diesel (400 lbs. heavier than gas). The rear is about 400 lbs. heavier than the diesel or gas.

MC Uses Diesel springs in front and rear spacers on the standard JLU lift springs to make up for the weight.

Shock extension determines the driveshaft requirement, not lift height. I'd use around 28" as rule of thumb, maybe a little less.

TF 1.5" Spacer on Stock Springs (2" front, 1.5" Rear): 22" Front Eye to eye, 24 1/4-5/8 rear (gas balance)
MC 3.5" Spring: 24 1/4-5/8" Front, 26 3/4 - 27 1/8" Rear.

Note, they may have settled a little, but not much, TF measurements are after ~3000 miles, MCs were fresh install.
Sponsored

KarlN

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited 4XE
Occupation
Retired
front 22-3/8 rear 23-4/8 which seems strange but I measured eye to eye a couple times perhaps the shock geometry doesn't give a true lift measurement. I can believe the front at 2" but not the rear giving under an inch.

OP
OP
Bowhunter23

Bowhunter23

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR-4xe, '85 CJ-7
That is interesting. I quoted my stock dims but currently i’m running a 1.5” spacer up front and 1” rear. But with my bumper and winch that sagged my front end by ~3/4”. So really I’m running a 3/4” front lift and 1” rear.
My current dims are 21-1/8” front and rear is right at 24”. But I’m also running rear air bags I keep at the recommended min of 10psi when empty and I think maybe that kicked my rear up a bit too.
I did the air bags in the rear for when towing my boat. Looking to find a spring that can handle the weight of the boat so I don’t need the airbags. Pretty sure I’m going Clayton. Like what I’m hearing on them. Hoping the 1.5” springs are going to work. Maybe throw a 1/2” spacer on top of those if needed. But tempted to just go 2.5”. Really don’t want to go higher than 2” though since I do tow a lot and have almost maxed out my drop hitch already and I put a kayak on the roof a lot and much higher is going to require a step stool to get it up there.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
That is interesting. I quoted my stock dims but currently i’m running a 1.5” spacer up front and 1” rear. But with my bumper and winch that sagged my front end by ~3/4”. So really I’m running a 3/4” front lift and 1” rear.
My current dims are 21-1/8” front and rear is right at 24”. But I’m also running rear air bags I keep at the recommended min of 10psi when empty and I think maybe that kicked my rear up a bit too.
I did the air bags in the rear for when towing my boat. Looking to find a spring that can handle the weight of the boat so I don’t need the airbags. Pretty sure I’m going Clayton. Like what I’m hearing on them. Hoping the 1.5” springs are going to work. Maybe throw a 1/2” spacer on top of those if needed. But tempted to just go 2.5”. Really don’t want to go higher than 2” though since I do tow a lot and have almost maxed out my drop hitch already and I put a kayak on the roof a lot and much higher is going to require a step stool to get it up there.
IIRC, Clayton shares their spring rates. You can get weighed at a Cat scale and calc the ride height if they are single rate.

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
That top is sick. Should of ordered it.

Picture of my 4XE Clayton 2.5 lift for non-4XE kit. Maybe 1/4 less lift in back, Drives and Wheels great

Jeep20211225_104919.jpeg

Jeep20220206_113308.jpg
Sponsored