Sponsored

Noise with braking w/ Adaptive Cruise Control?

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
Anybody else getting a weird sound when the Jeep brakes using Adaptive Cruise Control, when coming to a stop? I don't know how to describe it, it's an odd grating sound. Just trying to determine if it's normal before wasting time at a dealership.
Sponsored

opsfox21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2023 WL Overland
Anybody else getting a weird sound when the Jeep brakes using Adaptive Cruise Control, when coming to a stop? I don't know how to describe it, it's an odd grating sound. Just trying to determine if it's normal before wasting time at a dealership.
I don't have ACC but that reminds me a lot of the sound you get when ABS or Hill Decent Control is active. Could that be it? If so it's just the system working. I experience this sound sometimes in the winter or when using HDC on a steep hill with loose rocks, but in Texas you may not :)

OP
OP

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
I don't have ACC but that reminds me a lot of the sound you get when ABS or Hill Decent Control is active. Could that be it? If so it's just the system working. I experience this sound sometimes in the winter or when using HDC on a steep hill with loose rocks, but in Texas you may not :)
I haven't used HDC before, but maybe. I'll look up videos and see. Thanks for the tip!
Sponsored