noise on passenger side sounds like a rattle when i hit a bump or pot hole

henryb

First Name
henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler sport limited
i replaced my batteries with a dual gennies 3 dual battery system about 3 months ago i have a jl 2021 unlimited sport. just recently a noise appeared . thought it was the window in the passenger side. i pulled both batteries and place two large rubber grommets large o ring type reinstalled and now the noise is gone .the old tray which held only one battery was made of plastic ,so if you go this route put something under the new metal tray , i had even sprayed the tray with flex seal before the install to try and keep down corrosion from the battery
:jk:
Sponsored

Natrodomus

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Yeah I got an odd rattle coming from the rear of the trunk area. I am pretty sure its those pesky shocks on the rear window. Lot of play in them.

OP
OP

henryb

First Name
henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler sport limited
forgot to reply .mine was the new metal battery tray . i loosened tray and raised it up and placed two large rubber gromets under tray and the jeep metal that it rests on. and retightened all the bolts. noise is now gone

Natrodomus

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I took of the spare tire, and looked the aftermarket tire carrier. Looks to be the culprit, previous owner put an additional piece of circular plastic that doesn't jive up. Paired with a metal bracket gives it some slight play. But it's enough for me to rip off the thing.
Sponsored