No XR with 2022 6-speed manual?

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe (wife's)
33s on 4.88s don't make a whole lot of sense. The 6spd with 4.88s aren't currently available with the XR package, but it has to just be matter of time. How much time is anyone's guess though.

In the MT link below check the 2nd paragraph in the "Better, Best Crawl Ratio" section. Looks like it's pretty clear XR will be available with 6spd and 4.88s. Most other publications reported the same thing when Jeep first announced the XR package last June.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022-jeep-wrangler-xtreme-recon-package-first-look-review/
Sponsored

OP
OP
hockeynut258

hockeynut258

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
33s on 4.88s don't make a whole lot of sense. The 6spd with 4.88s aren't currently available with the XR package, but it has to just be matter of time. How much time is anyone's guess though.

In the MT link below check the 2nd paragraph in the "Better, Best Crawl Ratio" section. Looks like it's pretty clear XR will be available with 6spd and 4.88s. Most other publications reported the same thing when Jeep first announced the XR package last June.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022-jeep-wrangler-xtreme-recon-package-first-look-review/
“A 4.88:1 axle ratio. This even shorter (numerically higher) axle option is available with or without the Xtreme Recon package and with the 392.”

Hopefully true but the 4.88 is available now but not with the XR or 392 (4.88 is a manual only option). I’ve seen a few publications make those claims, maybe Jeep told them
Something additional from their press release, or speculation?

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
“A 4.88:1 axle ratio. This even shorter (numerically higher) axle option is available with or without the Xtreme Recon package and with the 392.”

Hopefully true but the 4.88 is available now but not with the XR or 392 (4.88 is a manual only option). I’ve seen a few publications make those claims, maybe Jeep told them
Something additional from their press release, or speculation?

Sorry, I know the 4.88s are available but only as stand alone option. What I was saying is it doesn't make a whole lot of sense as a pure stand alone option if all you can get from the factory with them is 33 inch tires. 4.88s and the 6spd make much more sense with the XR package.

About the article, every publication I read said pretty much the same thing with very similar wording about the XR being available with a 6spd MT and 4.88s and all mentioning the 100:1 crawl ratio. For them all to be written so similarly they had to just be rewording what Jeep told them.

OP
OP
hockeynut258

hockeynut258

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Sorry, I know the 4.88s are available but only as stand alone option. What I was saying is it doesn't make a whole lot of sense as a pure stand alone option if all you can get from the factory with them is 33 inch tires. 4.88s and the 6spd make much more sense with the XR package.

About the article, every publication I read said pretty much the same thing with very similar wording about the XR being available with a 6spd MT and 4.88s and all mentioning the 100:1 crawl ratio. For them all to be written so similarly they had to just be rewording what Jeep told them.
I completely agree with your previous post. Yes, stock 33s and 4.88’s will rev out quick!
Pointing out some of the comments In the article conflicts with present offerings.

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I completely agree with your previous post. Yes, stock 33s and 4.88’s will rev out quick!
Pointing out some of the comments In the article conflicts with present offerings.
Sorry, yes, like I acknowledged in a previous post, I know 4.88s aren't currently available to order with the XR package. I was only pointing to the articles to say that eventually they should be available together. It's really just a matter of time, how much time is anyone's guess.

Sponsored

keeperman13

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda CRV, Ordered JLUR
Occupation
Mortar Manufacture
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody got anything new? Info, hints, speculation?

JeepFiend

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door, 2011 Ford F-150 STX
Occupation
System Administrator
Not available on the configurator...can't do a 2-door either. 😕

Jmos4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Challenger Scat Pack M6/2007 Ram 2500 G56
Hi,

I have a JLUR 6mt on order with the 4.88's would have been neat to get a XR package but fine with the gear ratio as 35's can get put on at a later date

I had heard rumors that the manual transmission XR might be a late year offering but again only a rumor.

Regards,
Jim

mul1gan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep JKUR
bummer, wish I knew 4.88 was available for the 6sp. Not going to be cheap to re-gear later

keeperman13

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mortar Manufacture
Vehicle Showcase
I just checked the December guide and no joy on the XR with the manual or the better gearing. Have to wait some more...

Sponsored

OffRocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
I just checked the December guide and no joy on the XR with the manual or the better gearing. Have to wait some more...
With the money saved by not going XR, could you just get manual with 4.88 gearing from Jeep, and then lift and 35" aftermarket?

keeperman13

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mortar Manufacture
Vehicle Showcase
With the money saved by not going XR, could you just get manual with 4.88 gearing from Jeep, and then lift and 35" aftermarket?
I am not entirely sure truthfully. The XR comes with what,
Tires
Wheels
Slightly different axle
Brakes
Hinge gate reinforcement
Lift?

I gotta be honest, this is my very first foray into the Jeep world and as much as I like to think I could do that at a similar cost, being able to wrap it up into one monthly means I have a better chance of all of that happening. You make a solid case though for sure.

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
The Manual XR Willy’s Sport has to be coming soon. Jeep advertised the Willy’s XR PACKAGE at starting price right at 40K which can only be a manual Willys sport you will just have to wait each month I guess to see when it gets added to the order guide!

keeperman13

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mortar Manufacture
Vehicle Showcase
Bad news everyone, I called Jeep customer service on Friday last week. I was told there is no current date or even plan to integrate the manual with the XR. This is not great news. Looks like it is time to just order the manual ruby with the gears and do our own upgrade.

keeperman13

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mortar Manufacture
Vehicle Showcase
Went ahead and ordered. Got a manual on the way in a couple months with the 4.88 gears. Best of luck to yall.
Sponsored