No where for gas cap to hang

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 JLUR 392 Anvil ordered 5-10-23
To each his own, but it looks like it could easily be bumped off there inserting and removing the nozzle. Seems like a creative solution for a non-problem though.
Gorilla 30lb doubled sided should hold VERY firm. And, it’s all about what you like or don’t like. Me, I don’t like the gas cap leaving gas residue on my paint which will affect it overtime. So, quick and easy fix. Cheers and happy holidays!
Sponsored

linux_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 6-speed manual, 2011 Compass 5-speed manual
Mine hangs off of my key:

Screenshot_2021-12-28_11-25-25.png

Trk3263

First Name
T2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I hang mine over the door like one of the first posts. No issues at all, out of the way, and if gas drips it is on plastic not paint (I have read this as a concern).

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Gorilla 30lb doubled sided should hold VERY firm. And, it’s all about what you like or don’t like. Me, I don’t like the gas cap leaving gas residue on my paint which will affect it overtime. So, quick and easy fix. Cheers and happy holidays!
He meant your gas cap, not your "fix".

I would like to see how maybe the slightest bit of gas, that evaporates almost instantly, affects the one spot that it may get on. In saying that, out of all the damage mine will see on the trail, this would be the least of my concerns if it even was an issue.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Must be the higher trims that have a gas cap door, I don't have one on my Sport S.

Jeep Wrangler JL No where for gas cap to hang Screenshot_2021-12-28_11-25-25
My 2021 Sport didn't have a fuel door from the factory. I installed this one. It fits reasonably well and looks correct.

Sponsored

OP
OP
21Sahara_AltitudeHydro

21Sahara_AltitudeHydro

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara Altitude, 2004 SRT4 Neon
I hang mine over the door like one of the first posts. No issues at all, out of the way, and if gas drips it is on plastic not paint (I have read this as a concern).
Would be paint if you have painted fenders like mine does.