Sponsored

No volume from Alpine radio

sna77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Hi all--
I got into my 19 JLU Rubicon this am--there is no volume output from the radio at all. Mute is not on. Regardless of the source, I don't get any sound. Have tried with FM/AM, Sirius, Bluetooth phone, USB media drive, disconnecting Bluetooth/ everything... Turned the car off for 15 min and tried again... No luck.

Any quick fixes on this, or am I scheduling a dealer appointment?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
Hi all--
I got into my 19 JLU Rubicon this am--there is no volume output from the radio at all. Mute is not on. Regardless of the source, I don't get any sound. Have tried with FM/AM, Sirius, Bluetooth phone, USB media drive, disconnecting Bluetooth/ everything... Turned the car off for 15 min and tried again... No luck.

Thanks!
This has happened to me 3 times. Switching to AM and then back is the only thing that has worked.

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Turn off and back on or switch to radio and then go back.

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
Go under your hood in your fuse box and pull the fuse for the radio, that's the equivalent of a hard reset and that should fix your issue.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi all--

Thanks!
Hi sna77,
I am so sorry to read about this! Were you able to get everything working again? Feel free to send us a message if you'd like to discuss further.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

Weedwacker

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley
Alpine system has three fuses. Double check all three and make sure they are seated properly and/or not burned out.

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
This has happened to me 3 times. Switching to AM and then back is the only thing that has worked.
I've had this same thing happen, and also switching to AM worked to "reset" something. And then audio works on FM, CarPlay, etc

OP
OP
sna77

sna77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Came back to the car after lunch today, and the radio magically works. Groan. Can't wait till the next time this happens... Is there a software fix coming out at any point for this car system?

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Came back to the car after lunch today, and the radio magically works. Groan. Can't wait till the next time this happens... Is there a software fix coming out at any point for this car system?
We can't speculate on when one is coming out, but if you have another concern with the radio please feel free to send us a message so we can look into an update or anything else that may help.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was told there is a firmware update that also includes "static" issues.
Waiting for next oil change, no biggie.
Purchased Jan 19th

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I've had this same thing happen, and also switching to AM worked to "reset" something. And then audio works on FM, CarPlay, etc
Same here, started after the firmware update to fix the USB connection issue; which is still there just not as often.

You can tell this stuff is all really FIAT and not Jeep as fix-it-again-tony is a common theme.

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I think the issue is more likely Chrysler, as the head unit is common across Chrysler. Not sure if the OS is designed in house or outsourced to a vendor. I have the same unit in my RAM.

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the issue is more likely Chrysler, as the head unit is common across Chrysler. Not sure if the OS is designed in house or outsourced to a vendor. I have the same unit in my RAM.
Heard a rumor it was Panasonic but I'm lit :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
Sponsored