Sponsored

No Vent On The JL's Hood

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Came across this on Autoblog today: http://www.autoblog.com/2017/07/25/2018-jeep-wrangler-hood-spy-shots/#slide-6820992

"One of our spy photographers caught some FCA employees poking around under the hood of a 2018 Jeep Wrangler prototype. They had the hood open wide, and because of that, we can catch a couple little details that tell us a bit more about the exterior styling of the Wrangler. Mainly that some of the Wrangler's signature hood details will remain for the new generation.

The first details we caught were the bolt holes in the hood at the base near the hinges. These show that, as with the previous model of Wrangler, the 2018 model will feature chunky, rugged-looking external hood hinges. We can also infer that if these hinges remain, the doors will likely have matching ones, and those will hopefully still be removable.

The second details we spotted were a bit more subtle. On the sides of the hood towards the leading edge, there are some indentations. Based on the positioning, and their small size, we believe these are the indentations for external tie-down latches for the hood, just like the old model. Actually, just like pretty much every Wrangler-style Jeep back to the military models used in World War II.

Based on a report last week from JL Wrangler Forums, we are expecting to see the fully revealed 2018 Jeep Wrangler and its classic hood details at this year's LA auto show. It is then expected to arrive at dealers in December with both V6 and four-cylinder engine offerings."

wranglerhood-g02-kgp-ed-1.jpg
wranglerhood-g04-kgp-ed-1.jpg
s-1 (2).jpg
s-1 (1).jpg
s-1.jpg
wranglerhood-g03-kgp-ed-1.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Also this could be a sport so it might be why there are no vents.

Alvin R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
It's going to be real hard to buy a sport considering almost everything will be improved on higher end models

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
It's going to be real hard to buy a sport considering almost everything will be improved on higher end models
I'm not even gonna kid myself. Rubicon diesel or bust.

Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase

myfirstjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
empty
Uh, no.

Edit:

On further review, NO.

Edit 2:

Still, NO.

;):giggle::facepalm:
Out of curiosity, if FCA succeeded in making a full electric JL with sufficient range (ie. 230+ miles), would you still be against it?

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Out of curiosity, if FCA succeeded in making a full electric JL with sufficient range (ie. 230+ miles), would you still be against it?
Let me think about it(YES). :ontheloo:

Hybrid maybe. Hydrogen fuel cell anyone?

:jk:

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
I'm not even gonna kid myself. Rubicon diesel or bust.
lol me too! Recon (or whatever the equivalent) 2-door, auto, diesel for me.

Overall I think the JK sport ratio vs other trims will follow into the JL.. Many people don't want/need to buy a Rubicon.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Vents and raised areas on the hood are most likely appearance package options, just like they currently are with the JK via the Hard Rock, Recon, 75th, Moab, COD versions, etc.

Sponsored

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
It wouldn't surprise me if the sport JL has some type of hood design instead of the traditional flat hood. Higher trim models will probably have a different hood with functional vents.

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
Let me think about it(YES). :ontheloo:

Hybrid maybe. Hydrogen fuel cell anyone?

:jk:
I have wondered since the Mid-00's why hydrogen fuel cell has not taken off yet ? Any common sense engineering-inclined mind could see that among all alternative energy sources for vehicles, hydrogen fuel cell was the best by far.
Sponsored