No sunrider for hardtop Until spring 2019

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X / Zynith / 3.6 Auto / SOT / XR
For you guys that have owned this before, how was it for keeping water at bay (i.e. - out of the cabin)?
Sponsored

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
8040A6FD-E836-4508-BBE6-F850F6BD5B59.png
Just contacted Bestop wanting to purchase a Sunrider for hardtop for my new Sahara JLU.
It would be used a lot here in SW Florida where in a few months we have downpours at any time during rainy season.
Will not be available until spring 2019. This seems like an awful long time to manufacture.
You would think they would have been able to get a new JLU months ago to start on it.
That’s so freaking cool! You’re right, would be perfect for our area!

Direwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
It was DEFINETLY a huge plus on the JK where you had two knobs you had to turn about 398 times each to remove the Freedom Panels. Now that they are so much easier to remove and lighter probably less people will go for the Sunrider. Maybe it will be cheaper because of that fact. I'm still getting one, two latches at a stop light and nothing to remove/store is money.
Just an FYI... The JK knobs only had to be inserted when you ran the freedom panels without the rear portion of the hardtop installed. I believe it's because the rear of the panels had nothing to latch to in that case. I just left those knobs permanently in the rear storage compartment, since I never went freedom panel only.

Jeepnick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma pro
Just an FYI... The JK knobs only had to be inserted when you ran the freedom panels without the rear portion of the hardtop installed. I believe it's because the rear of the panels had nothing to latch to in that case. I just left those knobs permanently in the rear storage compartment, since I never went freedom panel only.
Yes you are correct
I did the same
I ran the freedom panels once solo before I got a soft top

Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey there,

This information is not correct. You should start seeing aftermarket tops from us this year :) *cassieAtBestop

8040A6FD-E836-4508-BBE6-F850F6BD5B59.png
Just contacted Bestop wanting to purchase a Sunrider for hardtop for my new Sahara JLU.
It would be used a lot here in SW Florida where in a few months we have downpours at any time during rainy season.
Will not be available until spring 2019. This seems like an awful long time to manufacture.
You would think they would have been able to get a new JLU months ago to start on it.

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X / Zynith / 3.6 Auto / SOT / XR
Hey there,

This information is not correct. You should start seeing aftermarket tops from us this year :) *cassieAtBestop
That's great news! The biggest question, then, is when this year?

Jeepcity

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jl rubicon tj rubicon yj cj 8 cj 7 cherokee
Great question! I don't have a specific ETA yet. as soon as i have something i will share it with you all! *CassieAtBestop
Is bestop the reason that the 2 door jl"s are delayed ?

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
No, Jeep did a staggered launch - Just like the 4-door hardtops came out before the 4-door soft tops. It was Their choice on how it rolled out. With how many they are building I am not surprised it is delayed, even the smallest thing can hold up a manufacturing line. We can attest to that and their builds are WAYYYYYY more involved then our products :) *CassieAtBestop

Is bestop the reason that the 2 door jl"s are delayed ?

Sponsored

My#8andlast

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
All of mine leaked with a decent rain unless I had them in. Guess it doesn't matter now.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I look at this top and accessories like it for the Wrangler and realize that my daughter's (when younger) American Girl Doll, and the accessories that you can buy for it, have nothing on the Wrangler aftermarket.

I think the people who sell the American Girl Doll took their "play" from the Wrangler aftermarket.

Price notwithstanding, that accessory, I must admit, is sweet.

OP
OP
FloridaCowboy

FloridaCowboy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Charger 2015 Dodge Challenger 2017 MX 5 RF
Occupation
Retired
Just posting what I was told by Crystal.
FDEA0E3B-6E84-4E8D-A497-639644AFB9C1.jpeg
Hey there,

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I would actually like the opposite of this. Keep the freedom panels up front but have soft top and removable windows covering the back. Especially now with the redesigned soft top and the safari option I think it would be a cool combination.