First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe; 2013 vw gli; 2022 Maverick Hybrid
Occupation
engineer
new jeep (4xe) 1300 miles now. got in and standard 'step on brake pedal' which I did and pushed start, like I have done many times over the month I owned it. ANNND nothing, no response. push button and just nothing happens. Key bob works, unlocks and locks, brake pedal depresses, car seems fully functional except does not indicate Im there at all. Got out and locked the doors, tried a Uconnnect start, got a request refused error. Tried a keyfob remote start, and lights cycled indicating order recieved but didnt start. Was just about ready to give up and was just moving everything like shifter to make sure everything in correct place. Then pushed start button two times within a second and the second push started everything up. Going to call the dealer tomorrow but wondering if anyone has had this very strange event. RIght now Im leaning toward the 'start button' issue. HELP!
Sponsored

joliett

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Same exact thing happened to me....My guess...POWER BRAKE BOOSTER and/or MASTER CYLINDER.

OP
OP

stickling9

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe; 2013 vw gli; 2022 Maverick Hybrid
Occupation
engineer
Same exact thing happened to me....My guess...POWER BRAKE BOOSTER and/or MASTER CYLINDER.
Was there a repair, or only showed up once like for me - still not repeat issue

joliett

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
It's normal, the power Booster fills with air by inadvertently pumping the brake pedal with the engine off. Problem is, jeep should TELL ITS CUSTOMERS in the owner's manual that this can happen.

I ran out of gas recently, and while trying to get the engine to start, after repeatedly pressing the brake pedal while cranking the engine, the brake pedal got HARD AS A ROCK. I had to press the pedal with two feet, really hard, for the car to start.
Sponsored