Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
If it's an auto, you most likely have the 3.6 eTorque so no aux battery
Oh man, now I look like an idiot! Haha
Yeah, it’s the 3.6 etorque.

So, if the flashing and wiper reaction at start seems like a definite aux battery problem for many people. Then, is my problem just the regular ol’ battery?
Sponsored

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door

So, if the flashing and wiper reaction at start seems like a definite aux battery problem for many people. Then, is my problem just the regular ol’ battery?
If the battery tested low then that's your issue. I dont think the dash lighting up is necessarily limited to just the aux battery failing. Normally the first sign of a weak aux battery is start/stop not avail msg, many owners hate start/stop so they dont address it not realizing that the failing aux will eventually take the main battery with it. Then you end up with what you had.

VKSheridan

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2 Dr Rubicon JL Hardtop
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Heavy Equipment
Vehicle Showcase

It is common for when the Aux fails, it sucks down the main which is why a lot of folk instantly default to the Aux taking the blame. As I previously mentioned, when my main croaked (Mine has an Aux), my symptoms were identical to yours.

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
My symptoms were identical to yours. It turns out the main AC Fan switch shorted out...causing the batteries to drain. I am still trying to wrap my head around that since these things are supposed to be able to be submerged in water? Regardless part 6BE14DX9AC seems to be on back order. Two months and waiting.

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Ok...after two months they seem to have isolated the issue and returned my Jeep. Items replaced:
  • Main battery
  • Aux battery
  • HVAC Module
  • HVAC switch / Center Stack control (rear window defogger shorted)
  • Radio 8.4"
Seems okay now....we will see. Stay tuned.

Sponsored

VKSheridan

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2 Dr Rubicon JL Hardtop
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Heavy Equipment
Vehicle Showcase
Damn. I’m surprised they didn’t replace your fuel cap and blame that. Fingers crossed for ya…..

19JLRuby

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
System Engineer
I am having these same issues with my battery draining and all heat, AC going out. My local Jeep dealer said it was just a bad battery so all they did was replace the battery and ordered a new radio. This will be my 3rd radio. I'm going to bring these issues up to them when I go back to get the new radio installed and make sure they check the HVAC Switch.

SmokieBurns

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
First, it's best to just post a problem in one place and allow time for people to reply, instead of having multiple posts with the same question.

The sparking when connecting the negative cable is normal, mine does it every time. The freaking out is due to a low battery charge or bad battery.

Hey guys I'm new here I've spent a few days reading through all the forums about this exact issue. My buddy brought his 21' 3.0 wrangler sport into my shop. He had been jumping his tractor of his batteries and blew the N3 in the fuse array. Then over the next week his auxiliary battery died.

New auxiliary battery, new main battery, new fuse array. I'm ready 12.6 between my two negatives. I'm struggling to belive this is the way its supposed to be. But I didn't have any jeep experience. I just want to help my buddy the best I can.

I know there's some real knowledge in here. Thankful for any info I get.
Jeep Wrangler JL No start, dash and wiper freak out, battery disconnect sparking on reconnect 20230815_140416
Jeep Wrangler JL No start, dash and wiper freak out, battery disconnect sparking on reconnect 20230815_140427
Jeep Wrangler JL No start, dash and wiper freak out, battery disconnect sparking on reconnect 20230815_141241
Jeep Wrangler JL No start, dash and wiper freak out, battery disconnect sparking on reconnect 20230815_143103
Jeep Wrangler JL No start, dash and wiper freak out, battery disconnect sparking on reconnect 20230815_143108
Sponsored