No sound from the soundbar...???

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
So, all of the sudden I am not getting any sound from my soundbar. This is with the factory Alpine system. I have adjusted the fade, and when i go full back there is not sound. Centered, it is just from the fronts. Is this a HU issue, or maybe the factory amp? I had turned the fade to the front several days ago since my kids were in the back watching their tablets, and I am wondering if it just isn't adjusting them after that? Does anyone have any ideas for where to start troubleshooting?

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Crusifix

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also of note, I have tried all of the steps to do a hard and soft reset, but none of them seem to reset the radio...also odd..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crusifix

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another update. There is sound coming out of the bar speakers, but even at max volume, it is very low.... Anyone??

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

There is sound coming out of the bar speakers, but even at max volume, it is very low.... Anyone??
Sounds like an amp issue. I don't recall 100%, but it is my understanding that when adjusting the volume with the Alpine system the radio tells the amp how much output should come from the speakers (in simple terms).

OP
OP
Crusifix

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like an amp issue. I don't recall 100%, but it is my understanding that when adjusting the volume with the Alpine system the radio tells the amp how much output should come from the speakers (in simple terms).

That is what I am thinking as well, but I don't know if it just an issue that can be fixed with a reboot, or if the amp is toast. If it is toast, then I guess a 4 channel amp to control the sound bar speakers is going to have to be ordered soon.

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

That is what I am thinking as well, but I don't know if it just an issue that can be fixed with a reboot, or if the amp is toast. If it is toast, then I guess a 4 channel amp to control the sound bar speakers is going to have to be ordered soon.
You can try pulling the fuse for the radio and seeing what happens. I don't have the Alpine system, so I don't know if there is a separate fuse for the amp. If you pull the fuse box cover under the hood, there's a full layout of all the fuses. The fuses are also listed in the owner manual.

Lastly, your profile shows you have a 2019. Why not bring it in to the dealer and have them fix the amp under warranty? You are 100% covered.

OP
OP
Crusifix

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can try pulling the fuse for the radio and seeing what happens. I don't have the Alpine system, so I don't know if there is a separate fuse for the amp. If you pull the fuse box cover under the hood, there's a full layout of all the fuses. The fuses are also listed in the owner manual.

Lastly, your profile shows you have a 2019. Why not bring it in to the dealer and have them fix the amp under warranty? You are 100% covered.

I have upgraded all of the speakers and added a JL sub and amp to the rear. It may be frowned upon..LOL

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
I have upgraded all of the speakers and added a JL sub and amp to the rear. It may be frowned upon..LOL
I’m dealing with the same thing and can’t figure it out. Have JL C5 650s in the sound bar ran by a JL MX 280x4.
zero sound out of overheadspeakers, but amp has power, and all connections are good.

OP
OP
Crusifix

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm pulling the soundbar apart tomorrow and checking voltages.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Since it is the alpine premium system, I bet the issue is what others were discussing on another post that I can’t recall.
The jist of it is that the alpine system senses the resistance of the speakers and if they are any different from healthy factory speakers, it shuts down that channel to “protect itself.”

I have also heard that the impedance of the stock alpine system is 2ohms, though I haven’t been able to confirm that myself. If it is indeed 2ohms and your aftermarket speakers are 4ohms, it is not only effectively halving the power but can also be the possible cause of the issue.

The only thing I know is to replace the speakers with the factory ones and see if the audio comes back at all. That will tell you if you are experiencing this issue or a whole different one altogether.
Perhaps someone will know a better diagnostic method.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Crusifix

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I think I found the culprit...I pulled the Metra adapters off and hardwired everything....Abracadabra! It now works. There must be a short in the adapters. The sound coming out is great. It just seems weird that it all went wrong at the same time. That has me scratching my head. The soundbar had worked great for about a month, then all of the sudden, nothing. The only thing I can think of is that one of the adapters is bad, and it caused the whole rear channel to maybe go into some sort of fault protection? It's working for now. If they drop off again, I will try some different speakers, or just throw a low power amp inline and control everything that way.

Thanks!

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Are the doors off? There is a bug. Search my username in the forum on this with doors off.

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
Good deal. Went all through mine, and can't find a thing wrong. Speakers are just not getting signal. Gonna have to take it into the shop that did the install that I told I'd never do business again regarding another issue I had with them.
What part of WV are you in?

OP
OP
Crusifix

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good deal. Went all through mine, and can't find a thing wrong. Speakers are just not getting signal. Gonna have to take it into the shop that did the install that I told I'd never do business again regarding another issue I had with them.
What part of WV are you in?
I'm in Teays Valley, between Huntington and Charleston.
Sponsored