Sponsored

No sound from speakers

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
It happened to me yesterday and I was pretty irritated as I tried everything that I could think of--except switching to the AM band (I did try FM, USB, and Bluetooth--none of which made any difference). I then tried a master reset which did not solve it either and while fumbling around, I hit the AM button and viola! I found this thread shortly afterwards, so I wanted to post my experience. I have the Alpine 8.4" unit.

Very strange stuff @JeepCares !!

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Mine does it about once a month and switching to AM fixes it. The real annoying problem is when the volume drops. It impacts, radio, nav and phone. That usually clears after a restart or 2.

sandygar4

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Has there been any solution to these problems? No fixes from Jeep? I know intermittent problems are hard to find but there has to be a fix.

RSK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler 2015 Renegade 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Senior Director of Engineering & Facilities
I have the 8.4 Alpine in my JT Gladiator and glad to find the workarounds listed here on the JL forum. The ā€œno soundā€ issue has happened twice to me now and getting pretty frustrating. I plan to take mine into the dealership today just to log a record of the issue even though I got it working again with the button push sequence. Canā€™t believe this issue has been going on for this long with no bug fix. This thread is 1.5 years old and still actively happening.

Last edited:

Sponsored

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I have the 8.4 Alpine in my JT Gladiator and glad to find the workarounds listed here on the JL forum. The ā€œno soundā€ issue has happened twice to me now and getting pretty frustrating. I plan to take mine into the dealership today just to log a record of the issue even though I got it working again with the button push sequence. Canā€™t believe this issue has been going on for this long with no bug fix. This thread is 1.5 years old and still actively happening.
My dealer updated my Uconnect today. The update was supposed to fix both volume issues as well a a GPS Time that I have not experienced. Don't know if the audio is fixed since is what not a frequent issue, but now my ORP is gone when I start my vehicle and returns after about a minute of operation and the Guidance volume resets to 15 with every restart. 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

RSK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
My dealer updated my Uconnect today. The update was supposed to fix both volume issues as well a a GPS Time that I have not experienced. Don't know if the audio is fixed since is what not a frequent issue, but now my ORP is gone when I start my vehicle and returns after about a minute of operation and the Guidance volume resets to 15 with every restart. 2 steps forward, 1 step back.
I took mine in today to get on record there was a problem and the dealership showed me a technical service bulletin stating the ā€œno soundā€ software fix was supposed to be ready with updates in December of 2019, but they have no updated software from FCA yet. I actually read the TSB and FCA is activity working on a big fix. They will contact me as soon as they receive the update. So as of today, no fix continues.

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I took mine in today to get on record there was a problem and the dealership showed me a technical service bulletin stating the ā€œno soundā€ software fix was supposed to be ready with updates in December of 2019, but they have no updated software from FCA yet. I actually read the TSB and FCA is activity working on a big fix. They will contact me as soon as they receive the update. So as of today, no fix continues.
Interesting. I wonder if my dealer happened to get it already or was blowing smoke.

Delozied

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon, 2019 Grand Cherokee Limited
this intermittent problem is too much like the reverse camera lines disappearing to no be related.

since it was mentioned there is supposedly a recently released software fix for this it may be worth posting the like to where we can search and download these without going to the dealer:

https://rsur.extra.chrysler.com/rsur/Uconnect.do
Or
https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html

looking today the latest version released shows (not a match for December 2019):
Update 1:
UCONNECT_8.4_IR21.10_MY18JL_VP4R_USA
SERVICE BULLETIN ID: 08-001-19
RELEASE DATE: 2019-05-15

Sponsored

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
It happened to me yesterday and I was pretty irritated as I tried everything that I could think of--except switching to the AM band (I did try FM, USB, and Bluetooth--none of which made any difference). I then tried a master reset which did not solve it either and while fumbling around, I hit the AM button and viola! I found this thread shortly afterwards, so I wanted to post my experience. I have the Alpine 8.4" unit.

Very strange stuff @JeepCares !!
This happend to me today 1st time in 2 years of own the JL. I was like ā€œwhat the ?ā€ Tried everything no luck.. found this thread hit the AM button ( the only bottom I did not try) and that fixed it.

Strange...even stranger was that it happend within 24 hours of being at the dealership for an oil change.... Last time they put 6 quarts in..when I told them 5 upfront..manager even told me the manual was printed wrong and not 5 but 6... well I just found it easier to drain the extra quart at home.....Good news is they got it right this time.

RSK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
This happend to me today 1st time in 2 years of own the JL. I was like ā€œwhat the ?ā€ Tried everything no luck.. found this thread hit the AM button ( the only bottom I did not try) and that fixed it.

Strange...even stranger was that it happend within 24 hours of being at the dealership for an oil change.... Last time they put 6 quarts in..when I told them 5 upfront..manager even told me the manual was printed wrong and not 5 but 6... well I just found it easier to drain the extra quart at home.....Good news is they got it right this time.
Wow, the first time it happened to me was the next morning after an oil change.
Weird Coincidence?

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

Hi cmcclintock,
We are sorry to hear that you've been having these troubles. If you decide to have this looked at by your dealer, please send us a private message. We would be happy to assist you throughout your service.

Kathryn
JeepCares

bthomp

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon, 2010 Wrangler X, 2014 Mustang GT
Occupation
IT Ops / BizOps
Clubs

AWESOME TIP! I have had this problem several times over the past year and switching to AM fixes it on mine every times.... ugh that such a stupid problem hasnā€™t been fixed, but good to have a workaround finally.

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I know I'm late to the party here, but my Alpine systems audio stopped today. Nothing, NADA, from any source. But, after going through some of the threads I tried the "Pull Fuse 97" method first. Success, audio had returned. Thanks to all that has come here before me, and for all of the suggestions. Now, I'm just hoping I don't have to pull that dang fuse too often. :)
Sponsored