No sound from speakers

Mark Elliott

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Holy crap. It was the change to AM that did it for me. Thanks for this tip.
Thanks so much for this tip! I got in the Jeep today and no sound, any source. Searched this on here and first thread, (this one), tried the AM and all is well. Question is why did it happen? I’ve had it for 2 years and never had it happen before.
Sponsored

sost1sg

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2015 SRT Grand Cherokee
Thanks so much for this tip! I got in the Jeep today and no sound, any source. Searched this on here and first thread, (this one), tried the AM and all is well. Question is why did it happen? I’ve had it for 2 years and never had it happen before.
doesn’t the answer “it’s a Jeep thing” apply to all sentences that start with “why?”:LOL:

I know... not helpful but I had to- lol! I had the same problem and similar situation as you. Early JLUR. First time I ever experienced it too. Been mostly trouble free so I just move on!!

Mark Elliott

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
doesn’t the answer “it’s a Jeep thing” apply to all sentences that start with “why?”:LOL:

I know... not helpful but I had to- lol! I had the same problem and similar situation as you. Early JLUR. First time I ever experienced it too. Been mostly trouble free so I just move on!!
I feel the same way, haven’t had any other issues and if it only happens every 2 years I can hit the AM button and move on. It’s funny because I tried everything BUT the AM button lol!

ekohn00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I am convinced it will happen again, and there will be no permanent fix.

ekohn00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
If you decide to visit the dealer so we can have this documented and provide you with additional assistance while your dealer works on a diagnosis.

Alison
JeepCares
Hi This is you jeep cares bot.....please spend even more time answering these messages so we can spend more time not fixing a problem........

this crap really pisses me off. I've been reading about this known "feature" for 18 months. mr. bot, please just change a request for info to just saying "it's a jeep thing...." so you don't waste my time.

Sponsored

Kevman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara Granite Crystal, Audi A5
Wow, the AM thing worked. This is why I love the Jeep community. I had literally just dealt with days of Verizon wireless issues and not having a phone and elderly parent having router issues. You guys rock!

sandygar4

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
My radio stopped making sound, everything else seems to work nav, display, etc. I tried all the "fixes," AM, disconnect batteries and alas nothing helped. I took to the dealer and they said the radio was bad and they ordered a replacement. The original date it was supposed to be here has come and gone, Jeep parts said the reason was the replacement had to be updated and it would be here in "a couple of days." Checked yesterday and parts central said they couldn't provide a delivery time. My dealer has been great and have called parts distribution every time to follow up and have requested priority delivery but who knows. I'm tired of my own singing even in the shower its awful

terrytnt

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB and BMW
Own a 2020 Rubicon with the upgraded Alpine Stereo 8.4 (1200 miles). Started having the same problem over the last several weeks, some days it works then I come back and the sound is off.. Jeep Service indicated it was a software issue and that a patch would 'magically' appear sometime. Well, again the program - no sound in any speakers occurred today. Frustrated I decided to search the forum and apparently I'm not alone. However, I tried the AM action (mentioned on the forum) and it worked. Now I fully understand this is temporary, so someone please explain to me why Chrysler Jeep has NOT ADDRESSED THIS ISSUE especially knowing this issue has impacted many folks?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Own a 2020 Rubicon with the upgraded Alpine Stereo 8.4 (1200 miles). Started having the same problem over the last several weeks, some days it works then I come back and the sound is off.. Jeep Service indicated it was a software issue and that a patch would 'magically' appear sometime. Well, again the program - no sound in any speakers occurred today. Frustrated I decided to search the forum and apparently I'm not alone. However, I tried the AM action (mentioned on the forum) and it worked. Now I fully understand this is temporary, so someone please explain to me why Chrysler Jeep has NOT ADDRESSED THIS ISSUE especially knowing this issue has impacted many folks?
Feel lucky if that little issue is all you have or have experienced in regard to UConnect.

Reality is what ...... that, very rarely you have to push Am ....

I have had my JL with Alpine Stereo 8.4, for 2 years and 3 months, over 36,000 miles.... and listening to the Alpine always... I can not remember when the last time was that I had to hit AM. Yes, rarely...

Suggest you learn to deal with it...

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Wow, the AM thing worked. This is why I love the Jeep community. I had literally just dealt with days of Verizon wireless issues and not having a phone and elderly parent having router issues. You guys rock!
My radio stopped making sound, everything else seems to work nav, display, etc. I tried all the "fixes," AM, disconnect batteries and alas nothing helped. I took to the dealer and they said the radio was bad and they ordered a replacement. The original date it was supposed to be here has come and gone, Jeep parts said the reason was the replacement had to be updated and it would be here in "a couple of days." Checked yesterday and parts central said they couldn't provide a delivery time. My dealer has been great and have called parts distribution every time to follow up and have requested priority delivery but who knows. I'm tired of my own singing even in the shower its awful
Hello,
Are any of you still experiencing this concern? If so, please send us a private message with your VIN so we can have this forwarded to the appropriate teams for further investigation.

Thank you,
Lydia
JeepCares

Sponsored

ekohn00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I think your bigger problem is the know it all jeep service guy who told you a patch would appear.

ekohn00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Hello,
Are any of you still experiencing this concern? If so, please send us a private message with your VIN so we can have this forwarded to the appropriate teams for further investigation.

Thank you,
Lydia
JeepCares

Hello BOT Lydia from Jeep Cares.... going on 2 years with my Jeep and the "am" problem. A bot that says jeep cares is not caring........

UK-Limey

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Great forum !
AM switch worked for me as well.
Thanks to all posting here, such a fantastic source of information.

armybiker

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited MOAB
Occupation
IT Project Management
Great forum !
AM switch worked for me as well.
Thanks to all posting here, such a fantastic source of information.
If you call your dealership they just change out your radio. I’m on my second news radio. May seem like a pain but until more people complain I’m not sure we will get this fixed.

becma27

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Had this happen to me this week on '28 JLUR with 8.4 premium sound. tried all the tips here, nothing worked. Finally saw the amp has a different fuse than the radio (F12 vs. F97 for radio), pulled that for 30 sec, and it's back now! Hopefully it's a rare occurance, we'll see. Anyway, wanted to share because hadn't seen that fuse mentioned here.
Sponsored