Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
what did the dyno say?
Here is a clip where the Diesel threw down a peak of 547 ft-lbs of torque..... in 6th gear... this was not the best of the day... it’s so sick happy as hell with this motor!!!

This is at the rear wheels too... on a Mustang dyno which notoriously read LOW and features about a 15-20% drivetrain loss vs crankshaft numbers. You do the math but this is a bonkers good reading... and no it’s not at some piece of shit place. It’s at World Motorsports in Torrence, CA renowned for having the best wind tunnel dynometer in all of California which is regularly rented out by factories such as Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, etc to do their high end Dyno testing on. So I’m pretty sure it’s a good Dyno.

Sponsored

Last edited:

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
Painted fenders and painted hardtop look way better to me but just order what you want like previous posters said. Don't settle, I wouldn't....

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
wait what?! Can you DM me the Dino sheet?

Here is a clip where the Diesel threw down a peak of 547 ft-lbs of torque..... in 6th gear... this was not the best of the day... it’s so sick happy as hell with this motor!!!

This is at the rear wheels too... on a Mustang dyno which notoriously read LOW and features about a 15-20% drivetrain loss vs crankshaft numbers. You do the math but this is a bonkers good reading... and no it’s not at some piece of shit place. It’s at World Motorsports in Torrence, CA renowned for having the best wind tunnel dynometer in all of California which is regularly rented out by factories such as Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, etc to do their high end Dyno testing on. So I’m pretty sure it’s a good Dyno.

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
wait what?! Can you DM me the Dino sheet?
Unfortunately no I can’t as I wasn’t recording for most of my runs, including this one.

Watch the video again and you’ll see that it says “test stopped” in yellow; that’s because I was using the Dyno to break in my motor so I had it in Live readout mode. I was doing pulls on there for almost 3 hours to break in this engine.

But as you can see if you watch the video in slow motion the peak torque comes in from 2100 to 3100 rpm and then quickly falls off.

me109stock

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 6-Speed Manual; 2008 Ford F450; 2003 Porsche Boxster S
Vehicle Showcase
I have been searching online and I can't find a dealer within 2 hours of me (Northwest Arkansas) that has a 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with a black hard top and black fenders. Even the Jeeps that show "In Transit" all have body color hard top and fenders. Is this something Jeep is forcing on dealers, or is this just what the dealers around me think everyone wants?
Keep looking and be patient. Consider used and let someone else pay the initial write-off. I flew from Sacramento, CA to Salt Lake City, UT to pick up my used JLUR - it was exactly what I would have ordered from the dealer if I was ordering and cost me $12,000 under MSRP with only 13k on the odometer. Love it!

Sponsored

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel Unlimited Rubicon
If the top, fenders and bumpers turn white/grey like the JK’s after a little time you may wish you would have gone body color. I ordered mine because I WANTED body color, everything on the lot was texture black.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Mine just came into Arapahoe Autonation Jeep In Denver. They had 100 coming in of all varieties. I picked a Billet Rubicon with black hard top, black fenders, 8.4, tow, cold weather, floor mats, and no safety crap. They had 7 or 8 just like mine coming in different colors and then many others with more options. You can search their site to see the 4 dealers they own at one time. I got a nice discount online and can help if anyone is out there trying to get a deal as I have purchased several vehicles from the dealership. Koons on the East Coast is great as well. Probably the best prices available anywhere and 1,000's of Jeeps!

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Ford F350

Seems odd, they don't typically run dyno tests in any gear other than the 1:1 drive gear. GLAD to see that diesel throwing down great numbers!!

Sponsored

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Ford F350
The 8HP75’s 6th gear is 1:1
:LOL: :LOL: The sad thing is I KNOW THAT, must be slipping! Thanks.... like I said - fantastic numbers.....

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Seems odd, they don't typically run dyno tests in any gear other than the 1:1 drive gear. GLAD to see that diesel throwing down great numbers!!
Exactly, which 6th is 1:1 in this transmission
Sponsored