Sponsored

no Rubicon with black hard top and fenders

BadWolf

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Sarge Green)
I have been searching online and I can't find a dealer within 2 hours of me (Northwest Arkansas) that has a 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with a black hard top and black fenders. Even the Jeeps that show "In Transit" all have body color hard top and fenders. Is this something Jeep is forcing on dealers, or is this just what the dealers around me think everyone wants?
Sponsored

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Autonation in Denver has a few coming in. I got a Billet one coming set up the way you are describing.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I have been searching online and I can't find a dealer within 2 hours of me (Northwest Arkansas) that has a 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with a black hard top and black fenders. Even the Jeeps that show "In Transit" all have body color hard top and fenders. Is this something Jeep is forcing on dealers, or is this just what the dealers around me think everyone wants?
The vehicles that are coming into your local dealers represent what the dealer thinks will both sell well and what he believes that he can make the most money on. FCA/Jeep Linley has nothing to do with it.

i have never ordered a vehicle. I always buy off the lot. I like to kick the tires and look and think and test drive and think and kick the tires on something that I am looking at, in the metal, and can touch And see in the sunlight. Does that mean that I need to compromise and not get something that I want or buy some package that I don’t want? Maybe. But, that’s just part of the process for me.

if you want a specific Jeep, no questions, nothing else...... order it. Perfectly acceptable and absolutely terrific.

Sponsored

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
You will literally HAVE TO ORDER ONE

All Rubicons come with painted top and fenders. I special ordered mine to get them black.....

Jeep Wrangler JL no Rubicon with black hard top and fenders 7713CDB5-6694-471A-AF75-2373AAA227AC
Jeep Wrangler JL no Rubicon with black hard top and fenders 08E00957-5484-435D-8DBA-CF60B53ADE2A

McKenzie

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR; 2016 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Education
You will literally HAVE TO ORDER ONE

All Rubicons come with painted top and fenders. I special ordered mine to get them black.....

Jeep Wrangler JL no Rubicon with black hard top and fenders 08E00957-5484-435D-8DBA-CF60B53ADE2A
I agree. I ordered a JLR because, 1, it was the best way to get a deal, and 2, get exactly what I want. I wanted a manual (this was a deal-breaker), standard wheels, cloth seats, LEDs, painted top, but black fenders. And Punkn (came close to ordering Mojito). Good luck finding one like that anywhere - it’s a ridiculous mix of high-end and basic options. Plus the wait made it seem like my deposit was free money

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
I agree. I ordered a JLR because, 1, it was the best way to get a deal, and 2, get exactly what I want. I wanted a manual (this was a deal-breaker), standard wheels, cloth seats, LEDs, painted top, but black fenders. And Punkn (came close to ordering Mojito). Good luck finding one like that anywhere - it’s a ridiculous mix of high-end and basic options. Plus the wait made it seem like my deposit was free money
Exactly when you start mixing the high end and basic options and specific exterior color and interior options; special ordering quickly becomes the only way to get what you actually want.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Same boat here in SoCal. When I was looking for a 2021 JLUR, I wanted red but with the black textured fenders, but absolutely no dealer anywhere around had them. Ended up getting the colored fenders that had all the options I wanted.
I guess the above posts are correct in saying they don’t come that way from the factory unless you order it. I personally didn’t know this but it makes total sense since there weren’t any to find in any dealership lot.

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
Dealers order what they think they can sell more easily. Order one the way you want!

Sponsored

AaronJLU

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I found mine on a lot after some looking, but it was a bit of a unicorn that ticked all my boxes. JLUR, black top , black fenders, cloth seats.

attilars

First Name
Attila Szilagyi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD, 997.2 S
Yup, more than likely you will need to order. I did the same thing. Wanted red Rubicon with black fenders and soft top. No dealer ever had one. Ended up going with dual top just in case I ever wanted the hardtop. It is much cheaper getting it as part of the order vs afterwards.

SilverRubi

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Reed jeep in Kansas city has some. That's where I got mine. Decent pricing and 0% financing right now. Talk to Clayton if you go in there. He's a good guy to deal with

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I bought my Punkin off the lot. It had painted tops and fenders. I decided that I could live with the painted fenders but not the top. They swapped the top with a sport so It would be black. it has a mopar headliner. I ate the rest of the painted top cost, the headliner only offset so much. The painted fenders with black trim isnt so bad.

Jeep Wrangler JL no Rubicon with black hard top and fenders orange jeep1

Pre mods pic.

MallBrawler

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JKR, '21 JLUR, '21 Tesla MYP, '22 4XE ordered
Occupation
Jeep Caretaker
Order one and wait the 6-8 weeks; you can save yourself thousands of $$ on options you don't want or need.
Sponsored